Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2013 for all retro platform announcement  (Read 18713 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2013 for all retro platform announcement
*** Close time: Aug.20th 2013 ***

* Homebrew Game division
There are top 3 winners for all platform

* Homebrew APP division
There are top 3 winners for all platform

Note: The platform just specify to the retro console, something like NES/PC-E/MD/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS/PSP/Wii ......

The rules of NEO Summer retro coding contest 2013:

[1] All original entries will get +5 "original score " , but the second entry (same project from last contest but improved, and just enter one more time again ) will don't get any "original score" in this contest.

[2] If your production have enter other contest before, you can use it to enter this NEO contest still.

[3] The No.1 winner from last Neo contest can't use their same project (even it come with many updated) to enter this contest again.

[4] You can submit more than one project for any platform at the same time, without any limit.

[5] You must put the NEO Retro Compo badge and NEO website link to your program and show it in the first page.

Here is the badge for this compo, every coder can modify the badge size and background color to match with your project style, but please keep our design style too, don't modify it too much. You can download the original badge file come with many file formats from this link:
http://www.neoflash.com/compos/neo_coding_2013_badge_original_file.rar

The top 3 prize list for the winners:

The No.1 : US$500 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$800 total value.

The No.2 : US$300 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$500 total value.

The No.3 : US$200 cash , OR choose any items from the www.ic2005.com NEO online shop, just not over U$300 total value.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:44:09 PM by Dr.neo »
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Orion_

• NEO newbie
Hello,
I have a question, is the Playstation 1 allowed ?
It will be in a cd image file (.cue/.bin), and would require a boot cd or a modchip to start on a real ps1.
Thank you.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
I have a question, is the Playstation 1 allowed ?

All platforms are allowed ...

Offline 10$man

• NEO newbie
First off, I'm very excited for this years competition :D I'm glad Dr.Neo decided to bring it back for another year!

I'm wondering if there will be any changes in how the entries are judged? The thing I'd like to see the most is how each entry is rated so that we could know what to improve and such.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
we will open the public poll again.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
If you have a public poll, you'll get a lot more info on how to rate all the entries. While that is good, if you don't set some standards, you'll have to convert most of them into a set standard for determining the winners. What is needed is a set standard - what areas to grade the entries in, and what values to assign each area. That way they all conform and you just have to sum the totals to get the winner.

Example: Not a good example, but just showing what I mean...

Judging Games:
Playability (fun): 0 to 30 points
Originality: 0 to 30 points
Graphics: 0 to 10 points
Sounds: 0 to 10 points
Control: 0 to 10 points
Open source: 5 points
First time entry: 5 points

That gives a total of 100 points, where certain areas are worth more than others - namely how fun the game is and how original the game is. Apps would have a slightly different set of guidelines, like useful instead of fun as one of the areas for judging. By setting a standard and giving the range of points that can be assigned, it means that judging should be more uniform and clear as to how each judge thinks the entry did.

Anywho, that's my suggestion on this matter.  ::sm-09.gif::

Offline musky44

• NEO newbie
I am glad to hear there will be another competition, i look forward to seeing all the new games that will be created.

Offline 10$man

• NEO newbie
we will open the public poll again.
Could be good. I just would hope it doesn't turn into a popularity contest. I wouldn't think that would happen, but it's possible.

Thanks for listening to the voice of the community anyhow though. Makes this compo that much more appealing.

Offline sverx

• a DS homebrewer (and GBA too!)
    • Disjointed Studio
Is there any particular template for submissions? We're quite ready...  ::sm-11.gif::

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
wow I wasn't expecting the compo to go on for another year, this is awesome. I really admire your dedication to the homebrew scene Dr.Neo, this is seriously fantastic. I'll most definitely be entering a game, and hopefully it'll be a good one !  ::sm-24.gif::

Offline genecyst

• NEO newbie
wow, i'm starting a new minigame just now. hopefully i'll be able to partecipate with something completely new!

Offline GEMISIS

Looking forward to participating!  ~sm-76.gif~.gif Already coding up a 3D portion to some code I released a few months ago on my Github for the DS, so hopefully I find a way to get some nice models for it before then ^^  Happy to see some activity for the homebrew community still!  ;D :)
Want to keep up to date on my projects? Follow me on Twitter! @gemisisDev
Want to look at the random open source projects I have? Check them out at my Github!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gemisisDev
Github: http://github.com/gemisis

Offline Sektor

• gtamp.com/DS
I haven't started yet but I'll try. Good to see the comp still going. I agree with the others about the rules and the need for official judging templates.

Offline owen

• NEO newbie
I wonder if a wii homebrew would have any chance in this compo?   ~sm-93.gif~.gif

Offline GEMISIS

Quick question: I have an application I finished a few months ago.  Would I be allowed to enter that (along with some other new apps) into this?
Want to keep up to date on my projects? Follow me on Twitter! @gemisisDev
Want to look at the random open source projects I have? Check them out at my Github!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/gemisisDev
Github: http://github.com/gemisis