Author Topic: [NDS] Aperture Science DS  (Read 21749 times)

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
[NDS] Aperture Science DS
« on: August 21, 2013, 03:19:49 AM »
Aperture Science DS
by smea and lobo
http://smealum.net/ASDS/
smealum@gmail.com

DOWNLOAD : http://smealum.net/ASDS/ASDS_r1.zip

Nickname: smealum
Project Name: Aperture Science DS
Division: GAME
Platform: NDS
Original Enter: YES
Support Motion: NO
In last NEO Compo this project have won in the top 10: NO

_DESCRIPTION_

This game is an adaptation of the portal games for the nintendo DS. It includes most of the mechanics found in the original. The code was written entirely by smealum (http://smealum.net, twitter.com/smealum) and the graphics were all made by Lobo (http://infectuous.com, twitter/infectuous).
This version is the first public release. It is very buggy and incomplete, but it is mostly playable. It includes 14 levels made by smealum, loganino and tenteran. It also features a full-fledged on-board level editor inspired by portal 2's own perpetual testing initiative.
The game also features a kick-ass though largely incomplete and unpolished menu.

also my DS broke very recently. so i have not been able to test this on hardware...

_INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS_

This game requires nitroFS. If your flashcart's menu does not support nitroFS (some menus that do include Wood R4 and the supercard DStwo's menu), please download hbmenu (http://devkitpro.org/wiki/Homebrew_Menu) and use it to run the game.
The included asds folder should be placed in the same directory as the nds file. The folder will however be created automatically if it is not found.

In order to add new maps to your game, just place the .map files in the asds/maps folder.

_GAME CONTROLS_

Default control scheme :
   DPAD/ABXY : move
   TOUCHSCREEN : aim
   R/L : shoot/grab items/activate timed buttons
   START : pause

Controls are fully customizable via the config.ini file found in the asds folder. Take a look at the included one for more information and an already prepared no-touch control scheme.

_EDITOR CONTROLS_

DPAD/ABXY : move/look around
   START : save
   TOUCH : select stuff (objects, or planar block selection, or 3D block selection)
      use contextual buttons for actions related to what you've selected (make stuf (un)portalable, fill/delete, add sludge...)
      pull/push blocks to create level geometry

Basically it's a highly bastardized version of the portal 2 level editor. If in doubt you might want to check out the video I made a couple months ago : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frfbSgE7pPI
Or just ask me.
It will soon be possible to share levels on http://smealum.net/ASDS/ ! Not yet however. In the meantime, don't hesitate to upload them and post them in the forum threads dedicated to the game.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:40:25 PM by smealum »

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Re: [NDS] Aperture Science DS
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 10:40:01 AM »
so apparently that version kept crashing, and there was indeed a typo in my code. I just reuploaded a version which should work fine at : http://smealum.net/ASDS/ASDS_r1.zip
I can't test myself without a DS but I think it should be good now...

Offline NightFox

• NightFox & Co.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 10:51:17 AM »
Like always, nice one XD

Offline genecyst

• NEO newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:24:50 PM »
niiiiiiiiiceeee!!! i'll follow this project to see it finished!

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 12:43:23 PM »
Nice work ;)

Offline relminator

• NEO newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:28 PM »
Awesome!

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 06:41:15 PM »
glad you guys seem to like it.  ~sm-56.gif~.gif
here are two videos I just uploaded :

Test chamber video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlXYyjhOYQU
Level editor video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2OwozMNJFE

Offline sanni

• Neo MOD
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 11:18:24 PM »
This looks simply amazing   ~sm-66.gif~.gif

Offline sverx

• a DS homebrewer (and GBA too!)
    • Disjointed Studio
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 10:38:16 AM »
I gave that a run yesterday evening... well, it's impressive. Seriously. And it's very hard (and I'm very bad at playing games, except for strategy ones...)
Kudos!
 ~sm-77.gif~.gif

Offline mahi01

• NEO newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 05:37:50 PM »

Account.live.com/acsr is the direct URL to reset or change Microsoft password. account.live.com/acsr You have two options either using the search bar or through the search engine.Reset or recover your Microsoft account. Content provided by Microsoft. Applies to: Microsoft Account. Select Product Version. Before you begin . account.live.com/acsr You will need a working email account that you can access so we can send you information about your request. You can use any active email account, even one belonging to a friend or relative. Or, if you don’t have another email account that you can access, you.

Offline mahi01

• NEO newbie
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »

Follow the below-stated steps to activate Amazon Prime Video on your Smart TV now: GO to the home page of the Smart TV and search for Amazon Prime Video. amazon.com/mytv Amazon App will open in front of you. Here you will find “Register on the Amazon Website” and “Sign in and Start”.Prime Video was previously called Amazon Video and before that it was called Amazon Instant Video. Through Amazon Prime you can enjoy new and old movies and TV service. amazon.com/mytv Amazon Prime is very well known for its name as well as its services. Amazon Prime is the best American Internet video on demand service. It is also available on a few selected set-top boxes at a cheaper cost. amazon.com/mytv GO to the home page of the Smart TV and search for Amazon Prime Video.

Offline mahi01

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 05:38:23 PM »

Choose Register option on the Amazon website-  to get a 5–6 character code, then sign in to your Amazon account and enter your code to enjoy watching your favorite movies at  . amazon prime vedio If you are facing any kind of issue regarding amazon tv registration, login or any other troubleshooting visit   to get the best and simple way to resolve all your issues. Amazon.com/mytv  We provide 24*7 services to our users. Amazon Web Services Scalable Cloud Computing Services: Audible Download Audio Books: DPReview Digital Photography: IMDb Movies, TV & Celebrities : Shopbop Designer Fashion Brands: Amazon.com/mytv Amazon Business Everything For Your Business: Prime Now 2-Hour Delivery on Everyday Items: Amazon Prime Music Stream millions of songs, ad-free.

Offline mahi01

• NEO newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 05:38:29 PM »

Go to Amazon.com/mytv and create your Amazon account, if you already have an account then sign in to your account. Now enter the activation or verification code in the next screen that is in front of you. You are now ready to enjoy a lot of amazing and great movies and shows on your smart TV.Amazon.com/mytv  is a registration portal of Amazon Prime from which members can watch thousands of movies and TV shows for free from their device some features require a premium subscription. The instant video service can only be watched after registering your device with a simple subscription code.Amazon.com/mytv is considered one of the most reliable web portals for the activation of Prime Video on your Smart TV. After successful registration, choose a TV cable provider’s network, sign in to your account, and start watching excellent Amazon Prime content on your Smart TV device.

Offline mahi01

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2020, 05:38:41 PM »
Amazon.com/mytv.com- Simply head on over to Amazon.com/mytv enter code or Amazon.com/mytv and follow the on-screen instructions. Create an account on Amazon Prime Video from your TV official website and enjoy watching your favorite shows and great movies. Importnat Points to remember about amazon.com/mytv Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV cube can also enjoy Amazon prime video with their family and loved ones. Today in this article we will discuss which devices you can watch amazon.com/mytv Amazon prime video and how you can activate it on the particular device.

Offline mahi01

• NEO newbie
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2020, 05:39:43 PM »
Amazon Prime Video is the official app for this popular service from Amazon that lets you stream dozens of movies and TV shows completely legally. To be clear, amazon.com/mytv  Amazon Prime works quite similarly to Netflix and HBO GO.The Amazon My TV Code program requires the customer to have an Amazon account and a streaming device or TV. Amazon Prime Video is available on almost all streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast. amazon.com/mytv For this you just have to go to Amazon and activate amazon with the help of amazon activation code. You can visit our website amazon.com/mytv  for details of the entire process.

Amazon Prime Video is one of the best platforms to watch movies and TV shows continuously on the internet. amazon.com/mytv You can now watch your favorite shows not only on your laptop or computer but also on your Smart TV and streaming sticks. It is also available on a few selected set-top boxes at a cheaper cost.amazon.com/mytv  is the most ideal website to activate the Amazon Prime Video subscription on users’ Smart TVs. Once the registration is done successfully, people can select their TV cable service provider, amazon.com/mytv log in to their user account and enjoy their favorite Amazon Prime videos on the devices.