Author Topic: The MK4-SD version  (Read 89614 times)

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
Re: The MK4-SD version
« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2006, 03:47:53 AM »
not yet released and no news at all.
i wonder if it is still in progress, maybe they begin after they finished the neo2 cards.
but the winners can choose a neo2 and a mk4-sd ?????  :'(

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #106 on: September 04, 2006, 04:34:39 AM »
what winners? of the compo.

and I was just guessing, I don't know. although i am a mod, I learn everything from the forums and therefore can't know more then you guys do
O hai

Offline HtheB

• HtheB NDS Dev
« Reply #107 on: September 04, 2006, 02:15:22 PM »
please explain it Dr. Neo  :( ???

Offline ISOHaven

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2006, 03:43:34 AM »
Something to concider during the creation fo the MK4-SD is getting it to work with the new Action Replay.  The one with game CODES and NOT game saves.

The AR doesn't work with the G6 Flash or I guess I should say theier passme device.  I figured out how to get the AR to detect ANY NDS cartridge and when you get it to detect the passme and even if you don't select any codes it fails to boot past the passme.

So, this would be another FIRST for Neoflash if they can product a device that is friendly with the new AR.  No one else has anything that will work that I know of.

SlashMolder

« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2006, 10:01:46 AM »
Something to concider during the creation fo the MK4-SD is getting it to work with the new Action Replay.  The one with game CODES and NOT game saves.

The AR doesn't work with the G6 Flash or I guess I should say theier passme device.  I figured out how to get the AR to detect ANY NDS cartridge and when you get it to detect the passme and even if you don't select any codes it fails to boot past the passme.

So, this would be another FIRST for Neoflash if they can product a device that is friendly with the new AR.  No one else has anything that will work that I know of.
The Neo2-SD does boot the action replay rom though it is one of thouse roms that just freeze with a white screen, though I do expect that it will work with a newer menu.

I want to know when will the mk4-sd come out?

Offline ISOHaven

« Reply #110 on: October 26, 2006, 10:13:51 AM »

The Neo2-SD does boot the action replay rom though it is one of thouse roms that just freeze with a white screen, though I do expect that it will work with a newer menu.

I wasn't talking about it working with the ROM.  I was talking about it working with the actual AR.  The G6 Lite does not work with the actual AR.

SlashMolder

« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2006, 05:39:25 AM »

I wasn't talking about it working with the ROM.  I was talking about it working with the actual AR.  The G6 Lite does not work with the actual AR.
Ohh, well I actualy think it would be impossible to get it to work like that, actualy I have no cule how the action replay works so but it sets the code to mod the slot 1 so you would have to have something that sends the rom through the ds card slot.

Offline ISOHaven

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2006, 06:46:10 AM »
Ohh, well I actualy think it would be impossible to get it to work like that, actualy I have no cule how the action replay works so but it sets the code to mod the slot 1 so you would have to have something that sends the rom through the ds card slot.

Sends the ROM through the ds slot?  Slot 1 is the DS Slot.  The roms are already in slot 1.

It would work like this:

1. Boot fromt he AR.
2. Pick codes
3. Remove AR and insert MK4-SD
4. Boot ROM

As long as the MK4-SD doesn't wipe the memory clean then it should be ok.  At least for some games.

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2006, 05:21:34 PM »
but the menu needs to go to the memory to if i'm right
O hai

Offline ISOHaven

« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2006, 05:24:03 PM »
That's what I'm worried about.  I wish someone would make a single file boot option.  Specify the file you want to autoboot then never worry about the menu.

Only boot the menu on error.  ie. when it can't find your ROM because you either renamed it or removed it to get back to the menu.

The DS-Xtreme has an autoboot option but those idiots CLEAR the entire memory bank before it does anything.

Offline Starcom

« Reply #115 on: December 12, 2006, 06:29:23 AM »
I think this problem (if it is really one and not a simple assumption) will be corrected by a firmware update.

After more than 7 months of waiting for the MK4-SD, I finaly consider to buy one (DS-Xtreme) simply because it is realed and not the MK4-SD.

There is no information about progress, no new realese date (the last one was reached few months ago)... so what ??

Please inform us about this product, your progress, its capacities, and sure, its disponibility ...

Thanks a lot