Author Topic: The MK4-SD version  (Read 89696 times)

Offline vinnymac

• NDS-Roms Admin
    • Advance Generation of Emulation
Re: The MK4-SD version
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2006, 10:40:31 PM »
Thats what you heard. Some people get other things to work others can't. The Mk2/Mk3's had a lot of confusion on what worked and what didn't because the menu changed and then the stuff that did work didn't.

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006, 09:09:28 PM »
WHAT????...........so............we just have to copy the no-patched rom into the SD, put the sd into the MK4 and PLAY??????????

COOL!!!!!!!!!!

But............WILL THE GAME BE FULLSPEEDED???? in the "sdio" mode??

Say it will please................

Offline elsita

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 12:15:47 AM »
this seems to me to be an mk2 with the nds cart part cut away, as it is not needed anymore with flashme V7 ... don`t yo see it clearly?

another fiasco from neoteam ... my mk2 is getting more and more dust everyday ...

Offline q_armando

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2006, 01:03:12 AM »
Yeah I see your point but the thing is this new device is supposed to work on ANY DS, even the Lite and doesn't require any flashme to work, therefore I think flashme v7 has nothing to do with it.
Clearly.
Quote from: scrotor on January 05, 2006, 10:32:35 PM
"You are a dildohead......
......I had a few issues getting up and running, so ask away, I'll do my best to help you, even tho' you're being a @#$% cheap ass pirate.
"

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2006, 11:04:20 AM »
The main question I still havent got an answer to is: will the MK4's still need SRAM on a GBA cart to work like the passme2z and passkey mini supposedly do? From the sounds of it they wont.

Just to set others minds at ease a tad: the biggest reason why running stuff directly from the SD on MK2/3 is not full speed is because the drivers to get files from the SD card are not hardware based, they are coded into the menu and patched into the game; they eat a large amount of the speed of the MMC mode SD slot and some of the CPU time of the DS itself.

Remains to be seen (as always) what the software will be like and whether it will need tonnes of time to develop.

No fear though, MK2/3 and XG or Neo carts have not been left behind as outdated and software for them is still being developed (unlike some other overpriced cart's software I know of)
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2006, 11:58:25 AM »
[1]  will the MK4's still need SRAM on a GBA cart to work like the passme2z and passkey mini supposedly do --- yes,MK4 don't need anything.
[2] we never stop the software developing,don't worry. the new menu can play TetrisDS already,and with some improvement too.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2006, 11:59:16 AM »
kool, Cant wait for this new menu  ::sm-29.gif::
MK4 sounds really good.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2006, 05:14:21 PM »
Nice! Then aside from (possibly) the AR pass-thing they are releasing, MK4's will be the only one offered so far that does not need any SRAM or external game card; even the older Passme2-z and M3's DS card sized Passcard2 will still need SRAM as it works like a passme2 (they both have a game ROM chip built in), havent heard yet what the action replay one will do though.

boblen: it shall be interesting to see what has been a-brewin' with the menu
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 05:16:58 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline d-loader

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2006, 06:18:42 PM »
it can play TetrisDS? NICE!  :P .. then I can delete it from my GBA card  ::sm-27.gif::

Offline Scor

« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2006, 07:54:02 PM »
[1]  will the MK4's still need SRAM on a GBA cart to work like the passme2z and passkey mini supposedly do --- yes,MK4 don't need anything.
I think you read the question wrong (confusing me :)).
He askes if Sram is still needed (ON A GBA CART) to save. on which you awnser yes (implying it would be needed), MK4 don't need anything (saying that it doesn't need it).
Confusing :s?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2006, 09:43:43 PM »
sorry wrong type,the "yes" should be "NO" ::sm-03::

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2006, 01:01:47 AM »
Dr.neo I have some questions:

-Will it have the typical 2 MB SRAM for the saves??
-Will it let us play ALL games at full speed??

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2006, 02:14:08 AM »
-Will it have the typical 2 MB SRAM for the saves?? --- yes
-Will it let us play ALL games at full speed?? --- i can't say "ALL" , but the speed will faster than MK2/3 alot.

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2006, 02:25:43 AM »
Ok............. a lot faster but..........FULL SPEEDED??

You say you cant say "ALL" because you dont want to say that kind of affirmation because you are 99% that they will be fullspeeded but errors could appear.........like some roms on supercard, M3, ninjads, etc.............or you are saying that MK4 is not able to use the 4 MB/s NDS slot max speed (of course with a 4mb/s or faster SD)?? ?? ?? ?? ??

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2006, 02:35:48 AM »
in theory MK4 can offer 8Mb/s accessing speed.
now we are in testing still,so can't give you one 100% confrimation in current,but you will know soon.