Author Topic: Help flash card is not working  (Read 8401 times)

Offline Special T

Help flash card is not working
« on: September 17, 2009, 09:37:54 AM »
I'm currently using Windows XP SP2 system and I keep encountering the below problem....

Every time I open the NEO POWER PCE USB Writing System 1.1 I get the below error message

Can not enumerate files in directory"F:\CDR = Driver CD\Neo PC-E Flash Cart\Software\128M PC-E + SAVE' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)

If I copy the folder to the desktop that error goes away however I now keep getting another error...

Connecting Fault

Any idea how to fix it?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Help flash card is not working
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 06:49:00 PM »
I'm currently using Windows XP SP2 system and I keep encountering the below problem....

Every time I open the NEO POWER PCE USB Writing System 1.1 I get the below error message

Can not enumerate files in directory"F:\CDR = Driver CD\Neo PC-E Flash Cart\Software\128M PC-E + SAVE' (error 3: the system cannot find the path specified.)

If I copy the folder to the desktop that error goes away however I now keep getting another error...

Connecting Fault

Any idea how to fix it?

Hi!
I have no idea how this cart works , but try this :
copy all the files of your CD on your hard drive , in a sort directory , like C:\ , and try to install it from there.

Or better yet , try with the new driver ->
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5627.msg39281.html#msg39281
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:51:00 PM by Conle »

Offline Special T

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 10:02:45 PM »
- I put all files in the root of my C directory....

- If I open the Neo Power PCE Writer V1.1 I get the below error

- If I click OK to by pass it, I get to the below screen which allows me to search and add roms but when I click the WRITE button, nothing happens

- If I close out of that window and open up the PCE_DumpSAVE.exe I get the below window

- If I click on READ or WRITE I get the below error message

- So I tried changing the location of the Save file in the DumpSet.ini file and I got the same results

Can anyone help me please this is very frustrating....

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
the reason is : you have installed the new version neo2 ultra menu (the new version for myth), so the PCE app can't detect the SL4 because PCE app use the old SL4 driver, so they conflict together.

check here --- http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5776.msg40958.html#msg40958
if you can see "NEO CLASS" ,then mean you have install the new diver on your PC.

the solve way is: remove the SL4 new driver, and install the old one, like this --- http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=170&Itemid=30

In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Special T

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 02:05:48 AM »
I did exactly what you requested.

- I uninstalled all versions of the Neo Software from my computer

- I then installed the NEO2 Ultra Menu V2.10 [July.17th 2007] onto my computer

- I used the drivers provided

Provider: XingA
  File Version: 5.0.1.3

- I checked the device in my Device Manager and it says it's working properly

However when I open the NEO2 Ultra Menu V2.1 I get the below error

"No NEO2 Card Found!"

Am I still doing something wrong?

*Edit* And while I plug the Flashcart into the USB Port it flashes red once then green 3 times which if I understand correctly means it is working properly.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:11:47 AM by Special T »

Offline Special T

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2009, 11:33:53 PM »
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong...

I wiped my system clean by deleting the partration and then reinstalling widows from scratch.

I then installed the NEO2 Ultra Menu V2.10 [July.17th 2007] onto my computer

Once the USB loader IV was plugged in the windows updater said it had to look for drivers so I put the CD in and let it search for the drivers

Once everything was installed I restarted my PC and plugged the USB Loader IV in and it flashes red once then green 3 times.

I then open the NEO2 Ultra Menu V2.10 and still get the message

"No NEO2 Card Found!"

How do I fix this? PLEASE Help!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 02:39:18 AM »
NEO2 Ultra Menu V2.x is NOT for PC-E cart before,now we try to make it support the PC-E cart, will re-write the SL4 driver for it, please wait our new APP.

it's 100% driver issue, not your cart HW problem.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Special T

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 09:32:25 AM »
Thank you for the quick response I appreciate it, I'll wait for the new driver.

Offline Special T

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:18:28 AM »
I've had this cart for a while and I'm hoping to get to finally use it in the near future. Since it's been a little over 3 months, I'm just curious about any progress you've made on the new application you mentioned in your last post?

Offline Hatta

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 04:45:01 AM »
SpecialT, I hope you haven't given up.  I recently got one of these carts and had trouble figuring out how to set it up.  I did get it to work, and I think I can tell you how to do it. 

• Start with a clean install of XP, or at the very least remove all Neo Flash software from your PC. 
  • Then, install the NEO2Ultra menu v2.10.  Do not run the menu, you do not need this menu software, only the driver software within.  It will create a folder C:\Neo..(etc)
  • Now, insert your Slimloader IV.  Windows will prompt you for a driver.  You want to choose a location for this driver (not automatic scanning).  In the dialog that appears next, navigate to C:\Neo...\driver  This is the driver you need, hit OK or continue or whatever it is the dialog says.
  • You now have the correct driver.  Now you need the correct menu software.  This is the Neo Power PCE Writer v1.1 that you used before.  Install it, run it, and insert your card.  You should be able to write to your flash cart now.

In the future, do not install newer versions of the Neo2Ultra menu.  It will probably overwrite your driver with a newer one that is incompatible with the PCE cart.   I keep separate installs of XP inside different VirtualBox VMs for my PCE cart and my Myth series carts so I can write to both without rebooting.

I hope this helps.  It would be nice if they'd package the correct driver with the PCE Writer software.  But this should get you going.  Enjoy the flash cart!

Offline Jaymiester

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »
" I keep separate installs of XP inside different VirtualBox VMs for my PCE cart and my Myth series carts so I can write to both without rebooting."

And that's exactly why we need 64bit driver support.
Dr. NEO...would you please get this driver built into the NEO2 Ultra Menu V3.00 so all of us can run just one OS.

Offline Special T

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 09:42:58 PM »
I appropriate the helps guys, I'm excited to say I finally got it working but I have to use to separate computers one for the Genesis Myth Cart and the other for the PC Engine cart.... kinda sucks but I hope to see a new driver soon so I don't have to worry about that.

Thanks again for the help!

Offline Sprinsoype

• NEO newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 05:40:49 PM »
Allison breasts Magda free ****ing videos Brooke salope Stefaniya gay *** Sheila latinas Agapiya pounding Svetozara gay ass ****ing Nadezhda ***y Svoboda women sucking dicks Taisiya piercings Slavyana bang

Offline soype

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 05:03:20 AM »
Karolina voyeur*** Lenina ****ing girls Sophia shower Berta bathroom Makayla big tits milf Feliksana secret Jasmine lesbo Severina fat ass Majya gaping Uslada tugging Avdotya coroa