Author Topic: USB Slim Loader IV (PC-E cart bundle) issue  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Morden

• ║║█│││█│║│││║║│█║
    • Morden's Gaming Blog
USB Slim Loader IV (PC-E cart bundle) issue
« on: January 01, 2011, 09:03:44 PM »
I have recieved a faulty USB Slim Loader IV, which was bundled with my NEO Power PC-E 128M+SAVE card. Since I bought it at the IC2005, I went to their boards to report this, but in reply they sent me here (click here to read my original message and IC2005's response). I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section for such things, but that's what they pointed me to at IC2005, so I'll just paste what I already wrote there:

A while ago I've ordered a bunch of flash devices. Among those was a NEO Power PC-E 128M + SAVE super flash cart. Since it can't be connected directly to the PC, it comes with a USB Slim Loader IV, and that's what I'm having problems with.

The Slim Loader IV that was enclosed with the PC-E card seems to be faulty. It's causing voltage spikes that crash USB ports on my computer. When I connect it, it either doesn't work (the red diode doesn't turn on) or it causes problems with the ports (Windows displays a message about the voltage irregularities on USB port, no matter which port I use - I tried them all, including a USB hub).

I would very much like to have it exchanged for a working unit, as programming the PC-E card using another cartridge isn't exactly comfortable, plus I did pay $149 for the PC-E card and programmer as a set, so I feel I should have a properly working device.

I can supply my order number here, or via a private message or e-mail. I appreciate your help.

Offline Morden

• ║║█│││█│║│││║║│█║
    • Morden's Gaming Blog
Re: USB Slim Loader IV (PC-E cart bundle) issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:32:13 PM »
*BUMP* So? Who do I contact to get my broken USB Slim Loader IV replaced? I'm sure I read something about a warranty somewhere. IC2005 sent me here, so what's up?

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: USB Slim Loader IV (PC-E cart bundle) issue
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:16 PM »
I'm not sure why they sent you here since they're the ones that sold you the device, and if it's broken they should replace it. Maybe you can send a PM to Dr Neo here at the forum explaining the situation, if you haven't already.