Author Topic: Here is a copy of the review I submitted  (Read 9969 times)

Offline lowkee33

Here is a copy of the review I submitted
« on: February 10, 2006, 02:34:39 AM »
This is a copy of the review I have submitted to my site. It won't be readable on the site for a few more days,but I will send a link when it is ready.

Neo 2 in 1 convertor with 4 gig

I recieved my 2 in 1 little over a week ago. In that time I have been able to run every test that I would normally do with the psp. I did notice right of the bat that they did very well with the packaging. It is very eye grabbing. When I opened it  I wasn't overwhelmed by any extra stuff or hard to read instructions just a few stickers and the unit itself. I was worried befroe that the looks of the unit weren't going to hold up because of what LIK-Sang had published,but it actually looks really neat. I would say it complamints the PSP well. Know I will split the reviews in to the areas I tested in. We will start with Firmware 1.5

FIRMWARE 1.5
Movies- While my first impression was bad because of the a/v sync problem. I had converted several other movies with a little lower quaility,300-400kbps this seems to be the acceptable are of compression on firmware 1.5. Aftre that was brought to my attention I was able to watch each of the movies flawlessly.

HOMEBREW ON FIRMWARE 1.5
This part is great do you relize how much Homebrew you can store on your PSP now. That was when I found out we can now have a portible video arcade. I loaded everything I could get on there at once. My PSP is going for a test drive. I played for hours flawlessly. If I had to make one complait which isn't even worth complaining about is the slightly longer loading times for the Homebrew. Other than that it is perfect for thiS.

ISO's Files
I have been able to play some umd iso's but not all. I have dumped about 6 and out of 6 I was probably able to play 4. It seemed like to me that if the game was a big one with a lot of loading it would just shut down the psp. For example Toca 2 and Colin Mcrae were both the ones that would lock up and shut the psp down. On the others I used they worked fine but sometimes the loading may have been a little slower. It is well worth it though. You can keep a few games at a time on one drive instead of lugging around all those umd's. I only recomend this if you own a copy of the game. I do not support piracy in any way, I just believe we should be able to do whatever we want with the stuff we purchase.

MULTIMEDIA ON FIRMWARE 1.5
Pictures-Music
I have to say that this unit did quite well with large amount of pics I just dumped on at once. I belive the microdrive that they offer is faster than most of the others out there. You are able to slideshow your pics and see them all in the glory they diserve.
I have loaded quite a few diffrent types of music and no trouble at all. Once again large storage medium for all your mp3's.

FIRMWARE 2.0
Movies
The quality only gets better with the new firmware. You are able to rip higher quality movies. I watched about 5 of them that I encoded with Rapiz Video Convertor. I was able to encode the movies at around 576kbps and some at 600kbps. I had my sound quality at 64kbps and the others at 96kbps. I was rather impressed with the speed of the microdrive.

Music
Played just as good as it did on 1.5 but you would be able to encode in a lot higher quality now.

Pictures
Stuff like pictures you can now store thousands of. At high quality on that beautiful PSP screen will impress anyone.

Now I will explain the looks and the actual details on the product. It has a velcro ring that goes on the umd door around the psp emblem. Then the other piece on the memory convertor. It basically looks like a usb card reader. There are 2 seperate packages you can buy. You can get the one with the 4 gig microdrive or without the microdrive. The actuall cost of the one with the microdrive is less than an actual microdrive itself. Now this unit does more than just microdrive it works with Compact flash and Memory Stick Duo as well. They have a white unit and a black unit depending on the color of your psp. I also recomend their microdrive over most others. Theirs is actually faster than most of the others with reading and writing from the psp. Now to plug the unit in you have a small ribbon cable that has what looks like a memory stick pro duo. It just plugs in you where you plugged in the old memory stick.

There are only a couple of things that I noticed that could possibly be changed. I think the cable could have been made a little longer to accomedate the memory stick door. The ribbon cable seems to be a little fragile but can be protected with the sticker they give you. Some people have complained that they can't open the umd door if you put the sticker on,you can if placed properly. You could also use some strong tape and layer the ribbon to make it stronger. I think the other thing would be to sell replacable ribbon cables. Other than that I wouldn't change anything else. I think this is a great product probably one of my favorite for the PSP so far. I look to support Neo team as long as they are around.

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
Re: Here is a copy of the review I submitted
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 05:22:10 AM »
Nice work but any pictures?

Offline lowkee33

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 09:05:22 AM »
There will be pictures in the one thats on the website. Thankyou for complamint.

Offline lowkee33

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:34:59 PM »

Offline lowkee33

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 06:41:49 AM »
I also just relized that they did'nt use the picture I submitted for some reason. Also I gave it a higher rating than that too. I hope that it was acceptible as is though.

Offline jelthi

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 11:14:57 AM »
Great review, from my use with the 2in1 it has been the same. I also have a Hitachi Microdrive 4GB that i have been using too and it works flawlessly.

Only problem i have with it is the size/ribbon cable/hot swapping but those are all minor problems.

I say 9/10 its great, but they still could have improved apon it some
Omfgitszyz: *****.
Pretendo1928: lol
Pretendo1928: ?
Pretendo1928: I know I am, but what are you.
Pretendo1928: wait...
Omfgitszyz: LOL
Pretendo1928: Something doesn't seem right about that...
Omfgitszyz: quoting that.
Pretendo1928: OH ****

Offline lowkee33

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2006, 12:12:24 PM »
DO you think the hitachi works better than the one supplied. I haven't got to use my hitachi as much as the one supplied with theunit.

Offline jelthi

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 02:08:27 AM »
i cant tell much of a difference if any. im guessing the Hitachi since it is better then the magicstor it should have faster read/write speeds. I havent had a chance to do any speed tests so i cant say for sure.
Pretendo1928: lol
Pretendo1928: ?
Pretendo1928: I know I am, but what are you.
Pretendo1928: wait...
Pretendo1928: Something doesn't seem right about that...
Omfgitszyz: quoting that.
Pretendo1928: OH ****

Offline lowkee33

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 02:44:26 AM »
I will try later to do the same if I have any luck I will let you know.