Author Topic: about the NEO WiKi --- which one can let authors upload the big file?  (Read 3270 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
about the NEO WiKi --- which one can let authors upload the big file?

have check the wiki system for many days, just get 3 choice, but we will just accept the one that can let author upload big file through the web browser, someone know which one is the right choice?

=========================================================

link: http://www.siteground.com/compare_best_wiki.htm

MediaWiki - The software behind Wikipedia!
MediaWiki is the most popular wiki software on the net. It is used to run Wikipedia (the World's largest online encyclopedia) and other projects of the non-profit WikiMedia Foundation, as well as many other wikis. MediaWiki supports many languages, website user styles, multimedia and extension features, index of content items, edit tracking, talk pages and a lot more. MediaWiki is suitable for personal and education use. MediaWiki is a free software package licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).

If you would like to see how MediaWiki works, at SiteGround.com you get MediaWiki installed and activated in less than 15 min, as well as advanced MediaWiki customer support.

TikiWiki
TikiWiki is a powerful open-source Groupware and Content Management System, written in PHP. TikiWiki can be used to create web sites and intranets. TikiWiki offers great resources if you use it for a collaboration tool. You can use TikiWiki for forums, chat rooms, poll taking, blog, file and image gallery, FAQ, calendar, and much more! Please check here for TikiWiki's full features list.

At SiteGround.com you can learn how to start your wiki website with a free installation of TikiWiki.

SiteGround is a TikiWiki friendly host where you will find a home for your wiki website!

DokuWiki
DokuWiki is an easy to use and standards-compliant wiki system. DokuWiki is the best choice if you need to write a documentation for a small or medium company. It eases the creation of structured content, it has a powerful syntax, and data files can be read outside the Wiki. DokuWiki helps teams and workgroups interact much easier while working on a project. All data is stored in plain text files and no database is required.

DokuWiki (as well as MediaWiki and TikiWiki) is written in PHP. DokuWiki is not included in Fantastico. At SiteGround you get an affordable highly professional installation of DokuWiki.

In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: about the NEO WiKi --- which one can let authors upload the big file?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »

First of all , all of them have buildin upload functionality.

In my opinion , the best choise for the MYTH projects , is doku wiki , because its lightweight , doesn't have useless features  , and allows access to the data without having to use the wiki.

Some extra configuration to the mime types might needed though :
http://www.dokuwiki.org/mime

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 12:52:09 AM »
hum... i can't see the dokuwiki allow how much file size, i hope it can upload up to 100MB,can confirm it mate?
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Nintendud

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 01:01:07 AM »
hum... i can't see the dokuwiki allow how much file size, i hope it can upload up to 100MB,can confirm it mate?

100MB in one file, or over many files?

If 100MB in one file, you could upload it elsewhere, and link to it from the wiki. Uploading it through the wiki, if it works, would take forever.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 01:12:14 AM »

You can actually set the max file size !
http://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:uploadsize

~sm-42.gif~

But i will have to agree with nintendud , large files might be better to be uploaded somewhere else and simply referenced in the wiki page.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:14:55 AM by Conle »