Author Topic: [2006-03-22] Neo Power Kit V2.3 released  (Read 18323 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
[2006-03-22] Neo Power Kit V2.3 released
« on: March 22, 2006, 02:32:51 AM »
History:

[2006-03-22] Neo Power Kit V2.3
1. Upgrade the USB core,now can support SL3 and SL4 in one usb
driver,and can work with NEO-MAX together.
2. Fixed the sram backup/restore function.

download here: http://www.neoflash.com/driver/Neo_Power_Kit_V2.3.exe
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline d-loader

Re: [2006-03-22] Neo Power Kit V2.3 released
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 02:47:40 AM »
I have a funny question.. I don't have the NeoMax set.. so.. what is SL3 and SL4? ... do they have anything to do with the SL1 you have to short during FlashMe upgrade? =3

Offline angelfly

• Neo-Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 02:55:10 AM »
Slim Loader 3 and 4

Offline assclown

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 07:43:24 AM »
I have yet to try this, but I have a question.

I have a SL4 and when I try to install it, my lights flash the following...
1 red, 3 blue.

When I was reading, it said it should flash 1 green and then 3 red  if it was installed properly. I thought it was my usb ports so I tried on a different computer, well, 2 different computers. No such luck on any of them.

So, needless to say, when I opened the NPKv2.1 it kept saying something like "cannot find writer".

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you.
-Brandon

EDIT: I dont know if this will help out any but I have an MK3 that came in the MK3 2006. I dont know what firmware I have b/c I tried the trick where you pull out the game while in pictochat but my screens didnt do anything.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 07:46:28 AM by assclown »

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 08:00:56 AM »
I have also had a little trouble with the sl4,compared to the sl3.

Try using the Neo-Max software
(Detect/Format/add[newest menu]/click"single rom"),
as it seems to more readily acknowledge the sl4.

Also,make sure the SL is plugged in before opening NPK or Neo-Max.

The Neo-max software has only recently been encouraged for use.It is a very interesting program,but you will only be using it to write the menu.

Those are the correct color lights for the sl4
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »
Slimloader 4 isn't recognized by Neo Power Kit 2.1.  You need to upgrade to Neo Power Kit 2.2 or higher (might as well install NPK 2.3)

Also, the light flashing combination with SL4 may be different from SL3 (Slimloader 3 flashes green and then red 3 times when drivers are loaded properly)

Or if you want to try Neo Max as Roger suggested, download the latest version (1.9 A4), format the cart (using the 'ndsloader' option, add the menu file, and burn using the 'single rom' option)

BruceG
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 10:18:00 AM by bruceg »

Offline assclown

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 09:35:32 AM »
Slimloader 4 isn't recognized by Neo Power Kit 2.1.  You need to upgrade to Neo Power Kit 2.2 or higher (might as well install NPK 2.3)

That there may be the problem! Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I'll try it first thing when I get home from class :-D

-Brandon

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 10:25:34 AM »
Yeah,I had noticed that the slim-loaders seemed to be an issue that was adressed in NPK 2.3.,I just hadn't tried it yet.
I have mostly used the Neo-Max,just to flash the menu,but I understand the NPK is much friendlier.

I would say go with Bruce on this one,and try NPK first.
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline assclown

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:01:54 PM »
Thanks a ton for the help guys.

The problem has been resolved.

NPKv2.3 works great :-D

-Brandon

Offline shark650

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 05:37:33 AM »
Oddly enough I got Ver 2.3 to work with my Slim Loader 3 by using the drivers that originally came on my CD with ver 1.2 it wont work otherwise. I also created a batch file that clears out other things that try to control the slim loader 3 for when the NPK stops reading my cartridges. Then I have to reinstall the driver from Ver 1.2 and I made another batch file that fires off the USB2X.dll register that happens when you first install Neo Max and then boom the NPK works again. I can do this all without having to reboot. This seems to be working everytime the NPK starts to act up. It seems as though it dumps the XG driver for some reason and changes to another driver??? then it wont read my card. If anyone has been having these troubles with their Slim Loader 3 and NPK I can post an example of the batch files I made to clean out all the bad stuff to do a fresh install. I also found another thing that will work sometimes is to just do an uninstall of the "GBA Writer" in Device manager and then have it detected again and it will install the XG driver and NPK is back in business. My OS is Windows 2000 Pro [/size] [/size] [/size] [/size]

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 02:46:33 PM »
That is real bizarre -- the steps you have to do to get it to work on your pc.  I assume this is your Windows 2k machine -- maybe it's just your specific pc configuration that's creating compatibility issues.  I don't know if you have tested on any other desktops (with a different operating system, such as xp)......

Still really strange....

BruceG

Offline shark650

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 06:00:56 AM »
That is real bizarre -- the steps you have to do to get it to work on your pc.  I assume this is your Windows 2k machine -- maybe it's just your specific pc configuration that's creating compatibility issues.  I don't know if you have tested on any other desktops (with a different operating system, such as xp)......

Still really strange....

BruceG

I dont know,this did work for awhile for me then it stopped and I ended up having to do a fresh install of NPK,this time just ver 1.2  I have came up with several solutions for getting NPK to work,sometimes you just have to uninstall the Slim Loader and have it detected again. But Last night I tried all of my tricks I devised and none of them worked,this was after I installed Neo Max for some stupid reason. I have tested it on XP and its even harder to get working properly. BTW,I cant get the SRAM save to work right on NPK 2.3 It will save a file,but wont restore......

Offline shark650

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 07:08:28 AM »
Now I am having trouble with either 1. Not Burning Correctly 2. The latest firmware 7 is screwed up or possibly# 3. May have something to do with the neoboot.bin?? Does it need to be burned before a game can boot. I dont get any kind of menu. Before,the game would boot normally,now it locks up after the GAMEBOY logo ??????

Offline shark650

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 07:12:13 AM »

Still really strange....

BruceG

This whole NEO Kit thing is bizarre,one minute it works next minute it dont....WTF

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 11:25:54 AM »

Still really strange....

BruceG

I dont know,this did work for awhile for me then it stopped and I ended up having to do a fresh install of NPK,this time just ver 1.2  I have came up with several solutions for getting NPK to work,sometimes you just have to uninstall the Slim Loader and have it detected again. But Last night I tried all of my tricks I devised and none of them worked,this was after I installed Neo Max for some stupid reason. I have tested it on XP and its even harder to get working properly. BTW,I cant get the SRAM save to work right on NPK 2.3 It will save a file,but wont restore......

The SRAM restore may still be buggy, though I thought 2.3 was supposed to fix that...  At least you're reporting here so they can hopefully take a look at it....

You definitely need the neoboot.bin file (it provides the gba menu to load roms)...

Mixing .dlls can be tricky and cause more problems.... though it looks like you had it working, at least for a while....

BruceG