Author Topic: Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!  (Read 66645 times)

Offline sg57

• ...you'll never know what it's like...
    • SG57's Projects
Re: Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 10:21:05 AM »
Hey - Ive got an 8in1 Joypad (placed 6th in PSP game compo) and i would like to do this.  From what i read and saw, theres a wire connecting 2 soldering points marked by the words '4GB'.  Do i simply cut that wire?  Or are there 2 wires, or are there no wires, and i must short the circuit by attachting another wire (soldering it in? :() and connecting hte 2 soldering points.

Idl ike a clear answer before i go messing with the hardware - thanksalot  ::sm-27.gif::

Also, i dont know if this is normal, but when i insert an SD card, it 'over powers' my MS Pro Duo.  When in the XMB, the MS Pro Duo in stops being read from, and the SD card is read off of.  Is there anyway to combine the two memory space?  Or must i take out the SD card when wanting my MS?
...you'll never know what it's like...
...spending your whole life in a dream...

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 12:34:27 PM »
Do i simply cut that wire? --- exactly,you just need one small and sharp knife.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Yanfzoul

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 03:15:52 PM »
nobody can help me with my 2 in 1 with NO 4GB point?

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 12:52:26 AM »
is there anyway to combine the size of my CF and SD?

Offline GatorDeb2000

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 11:11:46 PM »
So how do you do this for 8-in-1?  It seems after the initial post, the Neo people disappeared : (

Offline sg57

• ...you'll never know what it's like...
    • SG57's Projects
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 03:31:19 AM »
Dr.neo - Im confused.  You say to cut a wire connecting the 2 solder points, yet mine is like in that image where there are only 2 solder points, no wire.  Im confused as your instructions are completely misleading and im starting to doubt the authenticity of this 4gb limit removing mod...  >:(

I have an 8-in-1 and i only see 2 solder points.  no wires whatsoever connecting them.  A picture of what it looks like can be found on the first post of this, where there are only 2 solder points.  Yet you say to cut the wire connecting them...  Problem is, there is no wire...
...you'll never know what it's like...
...spending your whole life in a dream...

Offline Fuzzie 360

« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 11:36:18 AM »
Dr.neo - Im confused.  You say to cut a wire connecting the 2 solder points, yet mine is like in that image where there are only 2 solder points, no wire.  Im confused as your instructions are completely misleading and im starting to doubt the authenticity of this 4gb limit removing mod...  >:(

I have an 8-in-1 and i only see 2 solder points.  no wires whatsoever connecting them.  A picture of what it looks like can be found on the first post of this, where there are only 2 solder points.  Yet you say to cut the wire connecting them...  Problem is, there is no wire...
If there is no wire, the short parralel is already open. Yours is already modified... The hardware is limiting itself from greater than 4gb. By reopening the component you will allow more than 4gb.

Offline ej76623

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 03:31:20 PM »
 ::sm-15.gif::

sg57: if you zoom closely the wire is under the PCB...

Fuzzie 360: one way to find out... i'll get my CF CARD monday 4/23/07... it should be shipped... 8GB CF CARD 18MB/sec for $66.99  cheap! It's also as fast than sony's pro duo 20MB/sec

*update*

Negative on that... received my 8GB CF CARD... when i fromat from a PSP 3.40 it only formats to 4GB... got any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:48:40 AM by ej76623 »

Offline ej76623

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 10:56:22 AM »
Fuzzie 360: one way to find out... i'll get my CF CARD monday 4/23/07... it should be shipped... 8GB CF CARD 18MB/sec for $66.99  cheap! It's also as fast than sony's pro duo 20MB/sec

*update*

Negative on that... received my 8GB CF CARD... when i format from a PSP 3.40 it only formats to 4GB... got any ideas?

Offline Yanfzoul

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 02:29:53 PM »
I'm sorry to repeat me but there is NO 4 gb point on my 2in1 converter. I just want to now if I have nothing to do or if my 2in1 converter is definitively
limited to 4Gb.

Thanks to reply.

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 03:04:33 PM »
srry bout double post but is there anyway to combine the size of my CF and SD?

Offline ciberwolf

« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2007, 05:43:42 AM »
Ok everyone it seem's there is a lot of confussion doing this, so this is the way to do that:

1.- open up your adaptor and take the pcb off the back cover (needed since the short points are located at the back of the board).

2.- locate the points( you can use the pic's from the original post)

3.- the d#*'n wire you need to cut is actually embedded into the board and covered by a layer of insulation. (If you look closer you can see it).

4.- with a sharp knife (paper cuter or a razor blade) VERY CAREFULLY!!! scratch the layer between the two solder points and you'll see the wire.

5.- EVEN MORE CAREFULLY!!!!! cut the cable with the tip of the same knife and make shure it won't short anymore.

6.- OPTIONAL: use a circuit board cleaning solution to clean up the area to make shure you won't skratch any other circuit or component of the board (you really don't want to so be very carefull in all the process).

Finally a little piece of advice: read the instructions carefully and make shure you understand every part of the process before even openning your adapter.

Greet's  ::sm-17.gif::

Offline pspfan

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2007, 05:48:09 AM »
So, ciberwolf...Do you have a PSP that now supports 32GB? If it works (no one ever said if it does), I'm definitely getting it...32GB THAT'S SO MUCH....No worrying about space lol
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:52:58 AM by pspfan »

Offline ciberwolf

« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2007, 05:49:30 AM »
srry bout double post but is there anyway to combine the size of my CF and SD?

Sorry but there is no way to do that, you only can use one card at a time.

Offline pspfan

« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2007, 05:52:17 AM »
That's too bad, but still, can it support 32GB (one card)? (See my above post)