Author Topic: HELP, NEW USB LOADER and MK5 16G NOT WORKING  (Read 6464 times)

Offline CapatinCalamity

HELP, NEW USB LOADER and MK5 16G NOT WORKING
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:57:30 PM »
Really need help...

Plugged the MK5 into the USB loader, PC tried to format the card, hit cancel but wont allow me to explore or see the drive.

Now when I plug the MK5 cart back into the DS, it wont even show up as a cart loaded...

I have tried formatting from the DS by holding down select and start but nothing happens...

HELP

Offline CapatinCalamity

Re: HELP, NEW USB LOADER and MK5 16G NOT WORKING
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 03:20:23 PM »
Please someone help, my MK5 linker broke, the usb lead snapped out of the body of the bit that plugs into the slot 2...

So I ordered a USB loader from IC2005

Now I can drag and drop anything onto the MK5 whens its plugged into the USB loader from my PC as Vista wont do anything till It formats the card...

When I plug the MK5 back into my DS it just says no cart, have tried all hold down buttons etc...

I guess I will have to buy an R4 or M3, as they seem to be more helpfull and use a formattable miniSD...

Feel let down by the NEO team, couldn't even be bothered to reply to my post asking for help...

I use a lot of forums and a lot of reviews and will let everyone know just how bad MK5's are...thanks a lot

Offline Dreamreaper

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:20:58 PM »
Have you tried formatting the card back to Fat, I have a feeling Vista would have changed to to Fat32.

Log on as administrator,
Put the MK5 and the loader into the PC(Make a note of the drive letter it assigns, ignore the format option! - Vista prompts but its not needed)

open up a command prompt and type:
'format x: /q /fs:FAT' (without quotes, this is for FAT16 filesystem.... change x to your MS drive letter respective to that in the MK5 Loader)

Once you have done format the card in the NDS using the full format option; Put the MK5 in the NDS, press select and start and power the NDS on, if it goes to the splash screen keep the buttons held down and press the touchscreen to launch the MK5 - ENSURE your power supply is connected to the NDS as it will take an age to format.

PS VISTA WILL allow you to access the card without formatting it its an option not a requirement!

If that don't work the card is fubared mate, not a lot you can do.

PPS you did get a response:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4870.0.html
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 08:27:23 PM by Dreamreaper »

Offline CapatinCalamity

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 03:57:24 PM »
Thanks loads for trying but it is saying that I have a bad sector 0 looks like the card is ruined.

Have ordered an M3 real card now cant buy MB's that easily and cheaply in the Uk really dont want to wait for it to come from China again

Anyone in the Uk if you want a dead inks 16 g with a working USB loader let me know

Offline Dreamreaper

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 05:02:46 PM »
I am in the UK mate and would hold tight on the card, judging by Neo's response it looks like they may be working on a soloution. Try Glen at cheapmod for a card, or chris at supercardstore not the cheapest but service from both are second to none.

Code: [Select]
http://www.supercardstore.com/
Code: [Select]
www.cheapmod.net
Both are UK based.

Offline Razul

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »
Hey Calamity,

Since you dont have the linker I'm not sure if this will work for you.

I have the same issue with one of my MK5s (the other one being dead) when I first used the USB Loader. I couldnt format using the native windows commands, had to use the format batch in the Mk5_Downgrade_v1.22F.

Only after that was Windows able to detected the cart and give it a valid drive letter.

I'm not sure if it'll work for you without the linker, but no harm in trying.

You can get he files from h ere:

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,4671.0.html

Offline quartercast

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 10:20:34 AM »
Umm.. don't you guys know that formatting your card in windows will f* it up?

Offline CapatinCalamity

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 03:16:35 PM »
hey quatercast I know that, I haven't formatted it, ok Vista asks to format the card, but i have always said no cancel...

Only format attempt has been the fat try as suggested by Dreamreaper.

Vista will give the card a drive letter and recognises it as a usb drive, it even states in the properties that its all ok.

But as soon as you try to send to, drag and drop to with these files needed to format it in the DS unit, it asks that it be formatted.

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 03:45:18 PM »
when it is in the ds. hold select+start from the moment you turn on the ds, till you are in a menu where you can format it on the ds. maybe this works to get the rifht filesystem back
O hai

Offline CapatinCalamity

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
Have tried this, still nothing shows up on the DS and the same thing on the PC...

Thanks any way