Author Topic: Real Hardware Compatibility Issue  (Read 23128 times)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: Real Hardware Compatibility Issue
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 11:23:55 PM »
I stumbled across this at SEGA-16: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7796

It can't tell you exactly which motherboard you have, but it could help narrow things down.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2010, 12:45:31 AM »
hello,

the game nba jam t.e. 32x doesen't run for me. it doesen't boot, black screen. i want to play it. ;( and golden axe 2 run but i can't move?! do you have the same probs?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2010, 04:16:42 AM »
hello,

the game nba jam t.e. 32x doesen't run for me. it doesen't boot, black screen. i want to play it. ;( and golden axe 2 run but i can't move?! do you have the same probs?

I believe the NBA Jam series uses EEPROM, so make sure the save ram setting is set to 24C0whatever/eeprom.

As for GA2, that's the classic "I hate 6 button controllers! Screw you!" game symptoms. Hold the MODE button down while powering on the MD to defeat this horrid beast.  >:D

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2010, 05:04:11 AM »
sorry chillywhilly i don't understand your answer? i press the mode button and turn the md on, and the the game works? no screen is black too.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2010, 05:59:53 AM »
If you run NBA Jame TE from the SD card, select the game from the list and press A to enter the options screen. Set the Save RAM Type to EEPROM (by pressing the C button). Then try running it by pressing the B button.

If you are running NBA Jam TE from flash, use the PC Menu app (Neo2 Ultra Menu or madmonkey's writer) to set the Save RAM to 24C0whatever it is.

For Golden Axe 2, hold the MODE button on the controller while you turn on the Genesis/MegaDrive. Then when you play Golden Axe 2, the dpad will work fine.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 12:47:28 AM »
If you run NBA Jame TE from the SD card, select the game from the list and press A to enter the options screen. Set the Save RAM Type to EEPROM (by pressing the C button). Then try running it by pressing the B button.

If you are running NBA Jam TE from flash, use the PC Menu app (Neo2 Ultra Menu or madmonkey's writer) to set the Save RAM to 24C0whatever it is.

For Golden Axe 2, hold the MODE button on the controller while you turn on the Genesis/MegaDrive. Then when you play Golden Axe 2, the dpad will work fine.

hello chillywilly master :)

i have test it. but nba jam t.e 32x just does not work! have test everything --> no way :(
and golden axe 2 doesn't work with the 6 button pad --> mode button takes no effect. when i use a 3 button standart pad it works perfectly.

thanks chilly

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 01:41:27 AM »
Odd about the MODE button not working right on your controller. But if you have a three button controller you can use, that will work too.  ;D

Very odd with NBA Jam... I tried it myself and it does indeed hang. I'll check into it and see what I can find.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 01:53:26 AM »
thank you so much! I hope you get some time to run. nba jam t.e. is so much fun with a friend. as long as I play it on the snes.

Offline Fab

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 02:37:23 AM »
I stumbled across this at SEGA-16: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7796

It can't tell you exactly which motherboard you have, but it could help narrow things down.

sorry that doesn't really help me.. they talk about genesis there. I talk about Original Japense Model 1 hardware VA4 + V5 seems to be something not very 1st generation console but still model 1.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 07:10:12 AM »
Okay, to get NBA Jam TE 32X working, load the file into a hex editor, go to offset EEC, and look for the data 60FE. Change that to 4E71 and save. Make sure there is no save ram set and run. It should work now.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2010, 01:56:10 AM »
great chillywilly. :)
but i have one question. i'm using ultra edit, is that right that it found more the one hit?

thanks

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2010, 03:06:45 AM »
great chillywilly. :)
but i have one question. i'm using ultra edit, is that right that it found more the one hit?

thanks

Only change the one at offset EEC.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 04:50:05 AM »
Only change the one at offset EEC.

i can't edit the left offside site with ultraedit.  :'( what program you use?

thanks

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 07:45:42 AM »
In linux, I use gHex or khexedit (depending on if you like gtk or qt interfaces). In Windows, there's lots of free hexeditors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_hex_editors

This one looks like it should do the job: http://wxhexeditor.sourceforge.net/

Offline sanni

• Neo MOD
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:19:04 PM by sanni »