Author Topic: sd card and neo2 pro  (Read 2851 times)

Offline cjv99

• NEO newbie
sd card and neo2 pro
« on: March 30, 2011, 03:58:50 AM »
Hello, good evening.

My ask as referer to:

I put the roms in my sd card, but I exceed more than 256 mb, the md 3 in 1, not load the sd card, the led iluminate and finish the led to blink flicker 3 times and black screen.

The roms maximum in sd card is 256 mb or not, if your answer is no, what is his capacity maximum.

Second ask:

In my neo2 pro, when i want add roms withneo manager or neo programmer, show no enough rom, what is the solution.

I´m sorry my english is very bad.

Thank you.

cjv99.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: sd card and neo2 pro
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 07:24:52 AM »
The SD card limit is 32GB. However, the limit to the NUMBER of files and subdirectories in a directory is 400. If you have too many files in a directory, only the first 400 will show. That's silly in any case, especially for an old CPU like the 68000. Break the files into subdirectories for easier/faster navigation. Break them up alphabetically, for example.

/MegaDrive/0-A/
/MegaDrive/B/
/MegaDrive/C/
etc.
/MegaDrive/X-Z/
/MegaDrive/homebrew/

and so on. Get the idea?

Offline cjv99

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 04:45:04 PM »
Yer sir, ok.

Then the limit in a folder is 400 mb, and sd card root is a 32 gb.

But I exceed the 256 mb, no boot the cartridge with sd card, I thinkl, It´s posible that you put for example 400 mb in a folder, is more slow to boot from sd card?

I have 5000 roms of megadrive, are 1028 gb, but the cartridge no boot from sd card of 2 gb, and led is to blink three times and then led off.

Which is the problem?

thank for you speed answer.

cjv99.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 05:48:19 PM »
Then the limit in a folder is 400 mb, and sd card root is a 32 gb.

No, it's 400 FILES regardless of the size. They could be 1 byte, or 1 GByte. It's the number of files that count, not the size.

But I exceed the 256 mb, no boot the cartridge with sd card, I thinkl, It´s posible that you put for example 400 mb in a folder, is more slow to boot from sd card?

Try again, but limit the number of files, not the size of the files.

I have 5000 roms of megadrive, are 1028 gb, but the cartridge no boot from sd card of 2 gb, and led is to blink three times and then led off.

Which is the problem?

5000 is too many for a single directory. Split them up so that you have less than 400 in any single directory.