Author Topic: Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!  (Read 64363 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Re: Modify your NEO converter/PAD support up to 32GB!
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2007, 11:32:09 AM »
but it's 2 solder points with no apparent connectivity between them.  So, what do i actually "cut"?

--- you can find have one "shorting wire" between 2 solder points on the PCB,use one small but sharp knife to cut it,but must take care don't cut the other wire!  ::sm-07.gif::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2007, 12:18:50 AM »
Hi Dr.Neo  is the 8 in 1 Pad from the contest already modified? or we should modify it ourselves? i want to modify it myself:) just for experience ::sm-29.gif::

cheers!  MORE POWER TO NEOFLASH TEAM!

*edit
can someone please post a pic of the modified one? so we can see how it looks like?:)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:20:45 AM by ai3gtmc »

Offline Fuzzie 360

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2007, 02:47:39 PM »
Hi Dr.Neo  is the 8 in 1 Pad from the contest already modified? or we should modify it ourselves? i want to modify it myself:) just for experience ::sm-29.gif::

*edit
can someone please post a pic of the modified one? so we can see how it looks like?:)

The one in the pictures seems to be a modified one to me. The shortwire is not even there anymore.

Offline ej76623

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2007, 11:27:49 AM »
is an 8GB SDHC compatible with this? i heard someone from other forums said yes... but i want to confirm this from you guys first...

also, im receiving a 2-in-1 pretty soon... i was wondering if an SD -> CF converter works? since SD cards are cheaper and faster...

and also i hear that micrdrives doesn't play well with ISO's only with other data such as video's. music, pictures, and other data besides iso's... is that true? that we need to use a flash card instead of microdrives for ISO's?

thanks...

*new*

just got mines today, and when i opened it.. i see this... there's no 4GB points or where i can cut the wire... or is this already can take the >4GB size cards?

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u277/ej76623/IMG_1904.jpg
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 10:14:32 AM by ej76623 »

Offline Yanfzoul

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 02:17:30 AM »
Hello, I have triedto modify my 2 in 1 convertr but I cannot find the 4BG point on my circuit. The fabrication date of my converter ic dec 2005. Does anyone have an idea to help me? thanx ^^.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:23:50 AM by Yanfzoul »

Offline blowfish

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 03:29:03 AM »
is an 8GB SDHC compatible with this? i heard someone from other forums said yes... but i want to confirm this from you guys first...

also, im receiving a 2-in-1 pretty soon... i was wondering if an SD -> CF converter works? since SD cards are cheaper and faster...

and also i hear that micrdrives doesn't play well with ISO's only with other data such as video's. music, pictures, and other data besides iso's... is that true? that we need to use a flash card instead of microdrives for ISO's?

thanks...

I would also like to know this, i am very interested in buying but need to know if you can play ISO's off the cards, some forums say that it isn't possible. I am running dark alex 3.10oe-A' I look forward to the replies.

Offline typenn84

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 10:18:53 AM »
you can run isos off and any memory card the pad compatible with.  ive used pro duo cf microdrive and sd.  but if you are buying mainly for battery functions id pass because mines dont seem to work right.  on 4AA 2600mah fully charged it will take a dead psp to 33 battery life(and it takes awhile to do that, i usually do it overnight). and it doesnt seem to charge psp and play at the same time, like its not supplying enough juice to simultaniously play and charge at the same time.

Offline ai3gtmc

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 03:32:25 PM »

*edit

The one in the pictures seems to be a modified one to me. The shortwire is not even there anymore.

yeah here is no wire anymore in the pic...

btw i received my pad today ::sm-29.gif::

Offline ej76623

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 07:56:22 PM »
you can run isos off and any memory card the pad compatible with.  ive used pro duo cf microdrive and sd.  but if you are buying mainly for battery functions id pass because mines dont seem to work right.  on 4AA 2600mah fully charged it will take a dead psp to 33 battery life(and it takes awhile to do that, i usually do it overnight). and it doesnt seem to charge psp and play at the same time, like its not supplying enough juice to simultaniously play and charge at the same time.

your microdrive can run ISO? cause mines don't neither does 2 other people that ive talked to... maybe a CF CARD... i only run movies\audio from microdrive, id it does... was it the stock microdrive that came with it, or a different one...

Offline typenn84

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2007, 09:05:57 PM »
yes i played isos off the stock microfdrive.  it was a magicstor.  i formated card in 3.03oe and it created and iso folder and i just dropped isos/csos in the folder and they played. you have to have a umd disc in the psp i believe so it can read the secruity **** off of it, unless you disable it the advance settings in 3.03oe( hold R button when you turn it on) but the causes less compatibility.

can somone tell me if their battery charging function works as described( ability to charge and play at the same time), cause ive been trying to find answers for months.  i wish i could just sell mines cause i bought 2 4gb pro duo for 90$.  the main reason i got pad was for battery function and controller like grip.

Offline ej76623

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 12:09:07 PM »
have u tried SDHC cards? one guy said they work... they are probably slower than microdrives... i guess time to order an 8GB 120X CF CARD...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:26:36 PM by ej76623 »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
SDHC/CF will faster than microdrive a lot  ::sm-05::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Yanfzoul

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 03:56:45 PM »
Somebody can help me, I've got no 4GB point on my 2 in 1 converter. See my photo on my last post ^^.

Offline ej76623

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »
hey dr.neo... it seems that me and Yanfzoul, have the same type of 2in1 converter.... it doesn't have 4GB written on the board... also no solder points...

Does that mean it's already supports more than 4GB...  :-X

im going to order an 8GB card tommorow... should be here by thursday or friday...

Offline blowfish

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 03:47:30 AM »

Thanks for the reply, A bit confused about your battery function problem, are you using it to charge your PSP up? would it not be better charging the psp up in the usual manner? I'm in the uk are there any UK resellers? or will I have to use ic2005.