Author Topic: TTDS rom loading error  (Read 67420 times)

Offline nicoj24

Re: TTDS rom loading error
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
Another way i have found works is if the game don't load,put the card in your pc & rename the .sav file in lower case.Regards nick.

Offline gman12

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »
Another way i have found works is if the game don't load,put the card in your pc & rename the .sav file in lower case.Regards nick.

It didn't help ... I even deleted all the SAV files. Then when loading a game it creates a new sav file and then gets again stuck in loading the game ...

-gman

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 02:30:57 AM »
have you tried with the new 1.08 menu?
O hai

Offline gman12

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 03:21:32 AM »
yes latest results are with the 1.08 menu - still the same problem

Menu loads just fine - it even indicates that the version is 1.08
the brightness control works fine (L) but when a game loads - after creating/loading the save file everything freezes and stays on "loading"  the animated progress blocks also freeze.

-gman

Offline nicoj24

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 05:38:33 AM »
Hi gman12 are you getting any games at all to work,as i find it is just certain games that don't work i rename the sav file identical to the rom file ie Ben 10.nds i rename sav file Ben 10.sav. i only use a capital at the begginning.Hope this helps as with v1.08 this is how i got the games to work,so far i have had Cat 2,Dogz 2,Ben 10,Top Gun,My Sims,Fifa 08,Surf's Up,Shrek 3. I renamed all sav files so they are the sam as the game file & now they all work,it shouldn't create 2 sav files unless you try the game more than once.Hope this helps you m8.Regards nick.

Offline melthebell

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 06:51:22 AM »
i had the problem with the toptoy card not creating / saving sav files and the games not running.

i just removed 3 games off my sd card and they now work...strangely tho they still have the key (locked) icon but still work.
even the games that were locked that i put on a second sd card still have the locked icon??????

Offline martinme

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »
Hello all,
Just got TTDSs for my boys.
Some games were working alright, but when I tried to download, the new games froze the screen.
As a MAC user, I couldn't use most of the advice on your forums.
After updating some of the files, instead of getting a loading error, the loading simply froze, or my screen turned into vertical stripes of all colours.
Finally, I used disk utility (after saving all the files/games into a folder on my desktop) to reformat the microSD card to MSDOS. Then, we I copied the game back onto the newly erased and formated microSD card, all of a sudden everything worked, without a problem at all.
Hope this helps someone out there.
Cheers.

Offline gotskov

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 05:19:36 AM »
 I have bougth the TTDS and used it for a week. It contantly got the "freeze when trying to load a game" problem. Only solution was to copy all files to the PC, format the SD card and copy the files back. Very simple, but when it happend 3 time in 2 hours, that solution just isn't good enoug. I was ready to destroy the card in anger.

A long time ago, i had some problems, with a USB stick. I had installed some programs on it, but it was very unstable. I contacted the support and they had a solution. Instead of installing the program in the root on the usb stick (  C:/ )  create a dir and install it there. ( C:/myprogram/ ). It worked perfectly.

I wonder if that could be the solution to our "freeze when loading" problem. It wouldn't hurt to try, so i did when the games started to freeze again this evening.

I put the SD card in the pc and created a directory directly on the SD card. I called it "games". Then i moved all game and save files to this directory. WITHOUT formatting the card or copying the files to the PC.

The root on my SD card now looks like this.

TTMenu             Dir
games              Dir
TTMENU.DAT

The last hour i have turned my DS on and off, loading games everytime.

Could it really be that simpel???

Offline ThomasV

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2008, 02:46:03 AM »
Super gotskov. It is really that simple!

I had exact the same problem, that games was freezing during startup. The solution is to create a games directory and move all game files and saves in there. Bingo - it works :-)

Offline elroid

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »
hi, i just bought a ndsl i i found that there is alot problem in it.

first of all, i can't save gae in any game that i plaed with ttds, when the game is restarted i have to start new game again...

now, after loading the ds card, the ttds will hang before the game menu appears...

anyone knows what should i do?

Offline Kirst123

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »
Hey, i recently got a TTDS card, was in fine working order... I bought it from somebody... But i had to pay him to change game etc... etc... BUt i thought id try it myself, now first i downloaded the ds browser. When i went into the games it was there and worked fine but said i needed an expansion pack, which was cool with me... Then i download another game for my niece... As i put it onto the micro sd, halfway thru the download it said i hadnt enough room... i tried to delete it and the browser, but it wouldnt let me.
I then put the the cartridge back into my ds to see if there was a way of deleting them there, but it just didnt even load.. Just said ERROR...
Does anybody know why this happened and is there any other way of fixing it other than formatting it?

Offline AtomSoft

• AtomSoftwares Technologies
    • AtomSoftwares Your Satisfaction our Goal
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2008, 11:00:32 AM »
Defragment your tf card, check for errors with chkdisk on windows, try another menu version, try another tf card, download the same rom from another source, try manual patching.
AtomSoftwares, Your Satisfaction Our Goal.

AtomSoft Mods, Get Your Adapters And TF Cards At A Lower Price Than Puerto Rico.

Offline AtomSoft

• AtomSoftwares Technologies
    • AtomSoftwares Your Satisfaction our Goal
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 12:08:50 AM »
That rom might be a bad backup, try downloading it from diferent sources.
AtomSoftwares, Your Satisfaction Our Goal.

AtomSoft Mods, Get Your Adapters And TF Cards At A Lower Price Than Puerto Rico.

Offline Ikaphasuo

• NEO newbie
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 06:30:22 PM »
I have the same problem, but i think it's because my file system for my SDcard is FAT32 and not FAT....can you tell me how i can change it because i cant change the actual file system because there is only FAT32  ::sm-02:: which is annoying......i've only had my SDcard and carrier for about a month...please help, it will be much appreciated