Author Topic: Come on in!  (Read 32824 times)

Offline q_armando

Re: Come on in!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2006, 02:37:30 AM »
Hi,
I am 32 and I live in the States(for almost 10 years now), but I was born and raised in Italy.
I remember as a young kid playing the likes of Frogger and Asteroids(only with buttons!) at the local arcade, and I could hardly reach for the control panel....
My first home computer came around 1984, being a 48K ZX Spectrum, which was pretty popular in the UK at the time, and pretty well known in Italy as well, altough the CBM64 was a much more popular system around there.
When I first played a NES circa 1986 I was hooked with games like Metroid and Zelda, but I never actually bought one, I just borrowed it from a friend at high school for a couple of months!
My first Nintendo was a Gameboy in 1989, which I got as soon as it came out.
I actually had to travel to the nearest bigger City to get one, as in my town wasn't even sold, and when I brought it to school everybody was jalous, all the girls wanted to play it and the teachers didn't even know that that white thing among my books on my desk was actually an handeld system....
From there on I got pretty much every nintendo system ever released on lunch day, plus a bunch of redisigns like the poket and SP.....
I stopped playing for a couple of years (focusing on PC games or nothing at all) and recently got back into it thanks for the innovation of the DS, and I even got myself the newest SP just for the better display, and it's Nintendo all over again!!
Now I really can't wait for the Revolution, if it wasn't for that, I would really never think of getting an home system again, but if everything goes as planned, the Revolution will bring me back on my coach in front of the TV....
Quote from: scrotor on January 05, 2006, 10:32:35 PM
"You are a dildohead......
......I had a few issues getting up and running, so ask away, I'll do my best to help you, even tho' you're being a @#$% cheap ass pirate.
"

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
Re: Come on in!
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2006, 03:09:26 AM »

I stopped playing for a couple of years (focusing on PC games or nothing at all) and recently got back into it thanks for the innovation of the DS, and I even got myself the newest SP just for the better display, and it's Nintendo all over again!!
Now I really can't wait for the Revolution, if it wasn't for that, I would really never think of getting an home system again, but if everything goes as planned, the Revolution will bring me back on my coach in front of the TV....

A lot of your history sounds like mine,minus the ZX Spectrum-I know it's classic,I need to check it out.
I didnt move to another country at that age,but from Florida,USA to Tennessee,USA,to a town with two gas stations(which i suppose is about as close to another country as you can get!!!!)

That is exactly what Nintendo has done to me.Thanks to the DS's innovation,I am now looking forward to the Revolution.

Looks like they got us again. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 03:27:42 AM by rogerpoco »
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48