Author Topic: NEW DEVICE UNNEEDED OF GBAFLASH,ORIGINAL DSCART,SMALLER THAN MK & FULL COMPAT!!!  (Read 21082 times)

Offline angelfly

• Neo-Newbie
Hey cory , theoriticaly mk3 should faster then m3, right? Because the nds games are bigger and there fore there should be a faster x-change of data.
I mean there 512 Mb ds games but highest in gba is 128Mb so the nds slot should  be faster.right?

Any way ,Cory Do you your self think mk3 's sd slot will be optimized in the near future?
I mean seriously , these guys are giving prizes worth hundreds of dollars in the neo comps and new products but Forgetting the magic key...
(N-E-way back to checking the neo announcement screen every day,.)

The DS slot is slower than the GBA slot. Also there are a few GBA games over 128Mb.

Offline d-loader

Yeah, Kingdom Hearts - Chain of Memories is 256 Mbit, along with the movies released for it ( Sonic X for instance )

Offline samsar

HEy but you have ds games of 1024 Mb. But the highest in gba is 256 Mb . SO of course ds slot will be faster and powerful as compared to the gba slot. So theoriticaly mk3 should be faster then m3.

Offline angelfly

• Neo-Newbie
HEy but you have ds games of 1024 Mb. But the highest in gba is 256 Mb . SO of course ds slot will be faster and powerful as compared to the gba slot. So theoriticaly mk3 should be faster then m3.

You would think so but thats just not the case. The GBA slot is 3 times as fast as the DS slot. Thats why you don't see many adapters using the DS slot.

Offline d-loader

it is actually quite strange, indeed  ::)

I'm just wondering.. if the BigN will release an update to the SDK provided with updated security.. as that the game wont run from the GBA slot, no matter what.. that would be a big hit in face for lots of other products, like the Supercard and the M3 ._.; .. such as, building it into the code somehow.. so that a patcher wouldn't help ( some kind of checksum? ) .. but if they did, would that effect the NeoFlash, since its booting from the DS slot?

Offline angelfly

• Neo-Newbie
If Nintendo starting checking then it would effect all current adapters and even flashme (if they decided to check firmware). It's possible to detect whether your using a passme (MK 1/2/3) or a different firmware. I do however doubt they'll start checking but if they did I think they'd only disable wifi for user.

Offline d-loader

Heheh, just like Live on the x-box >P