Author Topic: free ideas for future neo compo  (Read 31013 times)

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
free ideas for future neo compo
« on: September 06, 2010, 02:09:41 AM »
This 2010 neo compo gave me some ideas for future that I want to share and maybe a programmer would take one or two.

-A port of Snes9X for N64 Neo Myth Cart
-A port on any GB/GBC emulator for N64 Neo Myth Cart
-Improve mp3 tags display on SimpleMusic Player for N64
-An app for display images on N64
-one version of super mario 64 the missing stars for N64 hadware
-Puyo Puyo 64

Later I'll write another ideas

-nes and gb emulators for snes myth cart
-PSP VLC port
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 01:28:15 AM by Aleomark »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: free ideas for future neo compo
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 02:21:03 AM »
We'll probably see most of those between now and the next compo. SMP was supposed to have many more features, but I didn't have the time to work on it like I wanted because the N64 menu was coming together right at the same time. Emulators are often some of the first ports since they are usually easier than full games or media players. The source for The Missing Stars is available (I downloaded it myself), so I imagine we may see a hardware compatible version at some point.

My own ideas:
- A Myth-aware version of ScummVM (reads files from SD card)
- Some more ports of libraries, especially Allegro (which would then allow a bunch of games to be compiled for the N64)
- A video player (I may work that into SMP... I've been researching the UYVY hardware tile conversion the N64 supports)

SMPlayer may stand for Simple Music Player, but it originally stood for Simple Media Presentation. It was supposed to be an all-in-one music/video/image/text player, but I had no time to work on it. Now that I do, I'll probably add the rest I wanted as I get the time.

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
Re: free ideas for future neo compo
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 03:23:27 AM »
SMPlayer may stand for Simple Music Player, but it originally stood for Simple Media Presentation. It was supposed to be an all-in-one music/video/image/text player, but I had no time to work on it. Now that I do, I'll probably add the rest I wanted as I get the time.

I hope to see that on future, because there was little scene on N64 (maybe cause back in the late 90's the backups units were expensive and difficult to find) and I believe that this system has more potential.