Author Topic: atari jaguar cart?  (Read 4980144 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: atari jaguar cart?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »
i've always been excited about the prospect of a super console in the future that contained all the hardware of all consoles and tghe ability to run all the games off a massive hard drive. scenario is a good few years from now and the current and old console makers such as microsoft, sega and so on are not so bothered about us playing backups from older consoles and therefore don't make a fuss about such a unit. the super console would have to be fairly large for all the component and would be expensive but i would buy one or two lol.

And then everyone will be asking :  ~sm-72.gif~.gif "What is the fridge doing next to the TV?"  ~sm-73.gif~.gif
Just : NO :'(   ~sm-79.gif~.gif

Offline Morden

• ║║█│││█│║│││║║│█║
    • Morden's Gaming Blog
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »
A all-in-one console is not going to happen. Retro games are popular, sure, but for that there's emulation, not that I support it. Solutions like Virtual Console will remain, while no one will be willing to build new hardware with old specs. NES on a chip is one thing, but the SNES and MegaDrive clones aren't 100% compatible, and they're not official either.

PlayStation 3 dropped the backwards compatibility [first in hardware then in software], Microsoft half-assed it, and then let it go, Sega never made an attempt to keep the Saturn alive, not to mention Dreamcast ... There's Wii with its GameCube compatibility, but the Wii itself is a GameCube Turbo Plus. So yea, things don't look too good.

I'm glad that the backup cartridge market seems to be growing, with more developers entering the stage. We already had Tototek stuff ages ago, then came the MegaCart, now Myth MD and the Everdrive. There's a new N64 cartridge on the horizon, several SNES solutions to choose from ... Things are looking good. Too bad it all costs so much money. Haha.

Offline butfluffy

• NEO newbie
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
yeah the comment about the fridge next to the tv is one the reasons i could not see a super console ever happening aswell lol. as i said it was a fantasy that i know would never happen for real.
as for all the flash cart developments and the expense. my take on it is that the carts made here seem to be great quality and the price is well worth the value so long as you know what you are getting and retro games have a place in your heart. i will have to look into some more stuff in depth before purchasing some neoflash products. i'm looking to get the 3 in 1 md cart that supports genesis, 32x and master system. the snes cart and maybe the n64 cart. i'm happy with my doctor v64 n64 combo but it takes a lot of space. with the flash cart i could pack my doc away.
 one the reasons i would choose neoflash snes/genesis flashcarts above tototek is simple. ok neoflash carts are more expensive but neoflash supports usb. the tototek carts use parallel ports and i can send games to my old copiers that way so no point in me buying tototek carts.
 i think neoflash are onto a winner with the usb transfer ability.

Offline dvd2vcd

• retro gaming enthusiast
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 01:23:18 AM »
just bumping this old thread, a neo jag myth cart would be epic, please make one lol 
please make a atari jaguar flash cart!!!!!!!

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2012, 12:30:23 PM »
just bumping this old thread, a neo jag myth cart would be epic, please make one lol

I got a Jaguar this last year and have been playing around using the BJL interface. A NeoMyth Jaguar cart that used Jerry to read the SD card would be AWESOME.  ;D

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2012, 04:17:52 AM »
i reckon it would sell just as good as the PCengine flash cart, c'mon neo team! work your magic! i noticed on the back of my myth 64 retail pack there is a jaguar pictured on it...

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2012, 04:48:57 PM »
There were several runs of the Skunkboard, but I think the last batch sold out over a year ago, and getting anyone to sell theirs to you would probably prove both difficult and expensive. Maybe someday someone will decide to do another run of boards, but it's kind of a limited market.
Of course, the Skunkboard didn't have an MMC interface AFAIK, so if someone wanted to design a new board that loads ROMs from an SD-card that'd be a nice improvement.

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 04:21:41 AM »
what i saw of the skunkboard on youtube was pretty ****, i mean...you need a pc to load the rom to your jag? and with no gui??? lol what if your jag and pc was in different rooms? lol no gaming at all, an epic fail if you ask me, the most boring flash cart i have ever seen, i wasnt impressed with it at all, imagine if neo was to make one? i reckon all the skunkboard owners would soon sell up and buy neo in a heartbeat!

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 05:50:46 AM »
BROKEN SkunkBoards go for $75 to $125 on ebay. You can't get one from a store (sold out). As long as you have an SD interface, a Jag cart would probably find a decent market.

Offline theloon

• NEO newbie
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2012, 04:57:09 AM »
Pretty much Neoflash could corner the market on Jaguar flash carts.  C compilers are getting usable for the novice and game engines like RaptoR are coming out.  SkunkBoards are out of production and BJL enabling homebrew are expensive.  I'd say it's the right time and the right place.

Offline dvd2vcd

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 06:43:47 AM »
i agree theloon! i would deffo purchase one and im sure they would sell a hell of alot of them, cmon' dr neo!!! get to work and produce a "neojag" :D