Author Topic: Gameboy Mono/Color Flash Cart  (Read 89003 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: Gameboy Mono/Color Flash Cart
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 12:37:58 PM »
By the way , a cool but very difficult to implement neo project would be a Sega Dreamcast hdd drive emulator.
This console is still very popular(Even last year they released a couple of brand new units and they've been sold out) and many people would want this  ~sm-55.gif~.gif
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:40:03 PM by Conle »

Offline RGB_Gamer

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »
By the way , a cool but very difficult to implement neo project would be a Sega Dreamcast hdd drive emulator.
This console is still very popular(Even last year they released a couple of brand new units and they've been sold out) and many people would want this  ~sm-55.gif~.gif

I definitely agree. I remember back when Dreamcast was pretty new,  a company claimed to have a Hard Drive unit for the DC. But supposedly they got a cease and desist order. I love Dreamcast, and such a device could be booted with special disc, and connect to the Dreamcast like the Zip drive was supposed to.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 03:50:08 PM »

I love Dreamcast, and such a device could be booted with special disc, and connect to the Dreamcast like the Zip drive was supposed to.

Actually, no disk will be needed with a GDROM -> HDD emulator..except for a menu    ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Anyway , here's something useful for the engineers to take a look at :
http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/source/browse/#svn/trunk/nulldc/nullDC/dc/gdrom

That's the GDROM emulation code from (currently)the best Dreamcast emulator.  ~sm-67.gif~.gif

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 08:29:53 AM »

Actually, no disk will be needed with a GDROM -> HDD emulator..except for a menu    ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Anyway , here's something useful for the engineers to take a look at :
http://code.google.com/p/nulldc/source/browse/#svn/trunk/nulldc/nullDC/dc/gdrom

That's the GDROM emulation code from (currently)the best Dreamcast emulator.  ~sm-67.gif~.gif

That would be nice and people could save money and time not burning cd's ( I did with all DC games and swear never do that again for other console)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 01:26:41 PM »
That would be nice and people could save money and time not burning cd's ( I did with all DC games and swear never do that again for other console)

Hmm , not really.CDs are really cheap these days.Even the best brands. What can i say that i bought a large spindle pack of 99Minute disks(Those back then where at least 7times more expensive than CDs)?  ~sm-79.gif~.gif
..which i then realized that i don't need since i had original all the best games that hit 1.4GB(Like Shenmue series,Head hunter,Grandia II,Skies of Arcadia...)

The real issue is the GDROM itself.If it dies , that's it , the console is useless  :P

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »
that´s really true, but you can adapt a pc cd reader and still read cd backups on your dreamcast, there's a tutorial on EOL (only in spanish) but seems to much work, but burn DC collection takes a long time more than money, I remember that first I change almost all games to autoboot, later the burning and then print labels took me like 2 weeks

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »
that´s really true, but you can adapt a pc cd reader and still read cd backups on your dreamcast, there's a tutorial on EOL (only in spanish) but seems to much work, but burn DC collection takes a long time more than money, I remember that first I change almost all games to autoboot, later the burning and then print labels took me like 2 weeks

With a little google-ing i found this : http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1982&f=2
 ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 02:37:47 PM »
BTW is possible in theory to adapt external HDD to every retro console that used cd? Let's say Saturn, PSX, GC...

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 02:54:21 PM »
BTW is possible in theory to adapt external HDD to every retro console that used cd? Let's say Saturn, PSX, GC...

With drive emulation , yes , it is.  8)

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »
mm I would love to see some day a Sega Saturn HDD...

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 09:48:49 PM »
Such a thing existed in the past for Saturn developers. It was called the Virtual CD System, and came in the form of an ISA slot card and some MS-DOS software.

I wouldn't mind being able to replace the CD drive in my Saturns with a CD-emulation board that read the data from an external harddrive or even from an SD card (32 GB SD cards could hold about 50 single-disc games, are cheap, and have more than sufficient transfer speeds).

This page has some info about the Saturn CD interface and the special protection ring used as a means of copy protection: http://www.crazynation.org/SEGA/Saturn/cd_tech.htm

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 03:21:07 PM »
yes mic_ is right, it'll ask more power consume if use the bridge, but the advantage is can use neo2 cart on gb/gbc directly,
so: user like the bridge or just one new gb/gbc cart (build in 128m)?  ~sm-51.gif~.gif

I also would like to see the bridge!
BTW, I own a boxed GB bridge for F2A  ~sm-73.gif~.gif

Before releasing a bridge adapter for GB/GBC, the Neo2 SD should get GBA compatibility first!
At the moment the Neo2 SD has support for MD, N64 & NDS, but not for GBA...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:28:36 PM by stefan_iro »
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline Narann

• NEOob
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 05:29:10 PM »
IMO, the thing wich is very important for me with a flashcart is to easely get save file and use them with PC emulator, like the N64 menu of CW do ::sm-29.gif::

I really hate to get a save file that correspond to nothing with a "ram extraction" in the neo menu...

If there is not this solution, it doesn't really interest me...

Easely get save file is important for retro gaming. ~sm-76.gif~.gif

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2010, 11:34:11 AM »
for next neo project, I hope some day, the 2 announced but still on development get done (NES, MarkIII). Neo Geo pocket would be nice.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2010, 01:52:21 PM »
Considering that MD Myth supports SMS games(Myth V5 even from SD , Myth < V5 only from flash currently...but at some point we can use the flash to copy the game from SD->Flash) and that Neoteam works on some kind of adapter to support NES roms from the SNES Myth , those projects might get delayed a bit.

~sm-69.gif~.gif

Personally , i really hope to see Neoteam work on drive emulators(With some HDD interface) , to save retro consoles like Dreamcast/Sega Saturn/PS1/Sega CD....