Author Topic: want to know something for finish the NES / MD and SNES cart save part ...  (Read 54375 times)

Offline cd_vision

Yay, finally some news on this project!   ::sm-18.gif::

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
Yay, finally some news on this project!   ::sm-18.gif::

my first reaction to.
neoflash never drops projects but sometimes you just need to wait a long time  ::sm-21.gif::
O hai

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
hum... i found some helpful info, thanks all, who have help with us ,then will get the free myth cart when it's ready,don't worry :)

so here is my idea: if just have one SNES game ---

SHVC-1CB0N7S ROM, 512K/1M SRAM, GSU-2 (Super FX)

use 1M sram backup ,then we will ignore this game, and set the MD save size and SNES save size all are 512Kbit, hope it's enough for 99% SNES games.

but i don't see the maximum game save for NES still?
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
and i remember some SNES game use FLASH chip to save , some one can comfirm it?

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
http://www.pocketnes.org/tools/NesGamesUsingSRAM_Titney.TXT

there's a list i posted already, i'll locate the max one

Metal Slader Glory (J)                                5 H  512kB  512kB
uses 512kb
and that's also the only one i can find, most use 256kb or below

from all the research i never heard anyone mentoining saving to flash so probally it doesn't excist. and when it excists you still remain above the 99% because it's just one or a very few rare games then. but probally it doesn't exist.
O hai

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
and in freemaan reply,i just found have one PCB type use EEPROM :

**9*: 1 EPROM chip (?)

some one know what's this exactly IC part number?
i hope myth cart can support 99% SNES game save  ~sm-36.gif~

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
but i don't see the maximum game save for NES still?

sven i mean the maximum NES game save size, not mean the PROM and CROM maximum size  :-\

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
and i think i have to find one complete SNES cart list which use the special chip like MAD-1 and DXP ,to make a full test.

BTW,NEO MYTH cart will use TF to store the roms.  ~sm-42.gif~

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
as far as i found 64kb is the max but i can't find any info on this.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 08:41:35 PM by sven »
O hai

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/INFO/chipinfo.htm is a list with all games using special chips, also wich chip they use and some info about it. I hope it helps.
O hai

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/INFO/chipinfo.htm is a list with all games using special chips, also wich chip they use and some info about it. I hope it helps.

nice,it can help:)

have some details info for the 411 chip?

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
no  :-\

do you have more info besides the number 411?
O hai

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
this one: F411A

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
i remeber it from the past, i think it's the lockout chip(recently modded the snes version). i'll get you muchos info on that
O hai

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
http://www.ffviman.fr/sw-snes/snes-lockout.html

there are different numbers for the chip but all are compatible within the same region.
it locks-out games from a different region,

US and Japan have one kind of chip, and pal have another kind of chip, if you have a pal snes and it doesn't detect the pal chip in the cardridge it locks the cpu and ppu. US and Japanese games are compatible with each other because they have the same chip inside, only the US snes has a different shape.

to work around this you have to either put a lock-out chip from your own region in the inport game/device, use an adapter that lets you put in a import and a game from youre own region and let the lock-out chip in the snes and the one of you're own region communicate to each other while the other stuff is loaded from the import(the game itself).

another method is modding the lock-out chip in youre snes like i did. you have to disconnect pin4 (the pins at the corners of the chip are numbered on the pcb of the snes so you know which one to have). some games won't work with this last method like street fighter 2 alpha and mario rpg(not muich games, maybe these are they only, and only the most newest of snes games if there are more).

most back-up units use a build in adapter(that's why you have to put a game in top of those devices), and a with a few you can order a region chip of youre region to put on the flashcart(like the superflashcard from tototek) but you have to destroy a game for that or buy one of them wich is expensive because they have to destroy a game for that.

if you can get many of the chips to put on the flascart for cheap i would go for that because most people rather not have to stick a whole game in it but if it's to expensive you can better use the build in adapter technique because that's a bit cheaper.

correct me if i'm wrong though, maybe you need to put in a snes cart with both ways.

edit: with a lock-out chip with the same region as the snes ont the neo myth card it's indeed not needed to put in a snes game in the neo myth card.

the lock-out chips can be placed on different places in the cartridge/snes depending on what game/revision it is.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 10:14:31 PM by sven »
O hai