Author Topic: want to know something for finish the NES / MD and SNES cart save part ...  (Read 54282 times)

Offline DjoeN

Maybe it works with the links straight to the list?

http://tcsr2001.tripod.com/carts/index.html

http://tcsr2001.tripod.com/info.html

OR

I did some work and you can download an offline copy of it:

http://djoen.dommel.be/Prive/N64cartinfo.zip

(It's in iso format, just burn or mount and let the autorun do it's work ;) )

« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 08:28:45 AM by DjoeN »
Father, The Sleeper Has Awaken!
He Who Controls The Spice, Controls The Universe!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
hehe thanks DjoeN  ::sm-29.gif::
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline DjoeN

Not all games had a scan of the pcb, but most do have a high resolution scan, buit all info is typed anyway :D

Offline quartercast

I've just been trawling through the SNES and N64 threads.  ~sm-41.gif~ Does anyone ever know what happened to neviksti?  ^-^ Did this info come to any use?

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2094.msg18487.html#msg18487 http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2094.msg18518.html#msg18518

etc.. etc..

Offline neviksti

Does anyone ever know what happened to neviksti?
... Did this info come to any use?

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2094.msg18487.html#msg18487 http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2094.msg18518.html#msg18518

etc.. etc..
What a strange coincidence.  I haven't been to this site in months, and decided to see if anything has happenned.

I am very worried about this project due to the way Dr. Neo refers to things, and especially his information collection method here on the forum.  There are MANY variations of the SNES cartridge memory map.  It is best to approach emulator authors, research how the successful SNES copiers worked, and read up on current documents.  Please don't do your research by asking randomly on your site and hope it is delivered to you.  At the very least ask the experts as most will gladly help you out.

Additionally, I would like to stress that there are ALREADY several good products for playing SNES games on the original system.  To have something nice and compact (in a cartridge form) would be nice, but it would be a waste and a shame if the time wasn't put into the product design to make it at least as good as products 10 years old.

To make a good SNES cart, one would expect:

1] internal security chip (so no modifications to the console are expected of the consumer)... ALL games and SNES copiers came with one of these.  Your product should too.

2] versatile memory mapping at LEAST as good as the Gamedoctor SF7 (discussed in the links in the previous post).  This is important enough to be specific about:
-- allow large games (Tales of Phantasia's 48Mbit, or Dai Kaiju Monogatari 2 40Mbit, or the StarOcean 96Mbit), these all have interesting memory maps so have the rom mapping be very versatile
-- allow large SRAM to support all games (I know of a game that needs at least 1Mbit, there may be larger ones), and again allow this SRAM to be mapped almost anywhere for compatibility
-- allow mapping to NOTHING (as strange as it seems, several games expect regions that were mapped to nothing on the cartridge to indeed by mapped to nothing). SF7 supports this.
-- external cartridge support (design it kind of like a game genie so external cartridges can be used to allow support for DSPs... many SNES copiers had this feature, and Tototek's Flash cart has something similar).  Again this requires versatility of the memory map to selectively map in the external cartridge.  Additionally, it would be great if you could select what section of the external cartridge was mapped where so you could play any DSP1 game without needing to patch it.

3] SPC (SNES music) player capability.  As I mentioned earlier, a playlist will ONLY be possible if you add one small extra feature (one little connection) on your cartridge.  This should cost you nothing extra, except planning ahead ... to not include this at this point (since it was given to you over a year ago, and since it should be free to include) would be like a slap in the face to those wanting this feature.

Details contained in this thread:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,2737.msg20470.html#msg20470

People have asked about these things (CIC chip, Memory map capabilities, External cartridge/DSP support, and SPC player) several times.  A clear answer has yet to be given, and I strongly suggest you consider these things (and provide feedback so if there is a misunderstanding it can be corrected).

Offline DjoeN

héhé :)

Nobody can say it as good as neviksti.

Well said, i'm not that good in saying stuff like that, but i have to agree complete with him.

Emu authors do know more about all those stuff then we.

The good old Doctor SF7 (i still own 2 of those), i do have a Tototek Flashcard, but i still preffer the good old SF7, dunno why, it feels better

After some thinking, it would maybe wiser to make seperate cartridges for each console, so you can concentrate on making it as good  as possible.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
thanks neviksti, i know you are the superior with this scene, and thanks for the useful info. now we have many info already,and working with it still, when it almost done, we will announce the final spec.

but some info here:
the save size is 2Mbit
the game rom size is 256M
use pass through slot to connect the extra DSP cart
use USB to download

sorry for the long time delay,we have a lot of project are running at the same time...  ::sm-03::

BTW,
-- allow mapping to NOTHING (as strange as it seems, several games expect regions that were mapped to nothing on the cartridge to indeed by mapped to nothing). SF7 supports this.
can you tell me which rom need this "mapping to NOTHING" support?

Offline neviksti

Thanks for the reply.  I look forward to seeing how your product turns out.

BTW,can you tell me which rom need this "mapping to NOTHING" support?
Hmm... I only ran across it once and unfortunately I can't remember the game. (It really confused me when looking at the disassembled code when I first ran across it.  I think it was a LoROM game that read past FFFF in the bank... as most LoROM games map nothing to 0000-7FFF in the upper banks.)

It might be best to contact Overload or Anomie as they are the ones that did most of the reverse engineering to include open bus readings into the emulators.  It is possible though that they worked on it for completeness, and don't remember the specifics (ie. what games need this... as the whole point of completeness is that you don't need to worry about game specifics).

In that case, maybe ask TheDumper (he has a great memory, and knows a lot of quirks of games and copiers) or MKendora (if he's still around, he once did a lot of work on snes9x memory maps).

One final option is Nach.  He should be the easiest to get ahold of and he is obsessed with catalogging the memory maps and specifics of different cartridges (Actually, he may be a great contact for that reason alone).  Unfortunately, while he added much memory map information into emulators, he is very "software oriented" in thinking and seems to approach it as catalogging more than "what is the hardware doing".  So I'm not sure how familiar he is with the open bus reading.

I'll search around to see if I can find some specific games or comments on the old emulator forums.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:32:03 AM by neviksti »

Offline timofonic

neviksti, great post. Any ways of contact with these people? Forums they access frecuently or whatever.

What about NSRT forums? It can be an interesting resource.

http://nsrt.edgeemu.com/forum/

Edit: I forgot Nach was the NSRT developer, sorry.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 09:14:14 AM by timofonic »

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
hehe,thanks neviksti and timofonic a lot. you are the best tester when this kit ready  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline timofonic

No problem, that's very easy to locate.

Are your saying me I can be a betatester of your retro backup devices? :D

Offline DjoeN

Re: want to know something for finish the NES / MD and SNES cart save part ...
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2007, 04:10:56 AM »
héhé, yeah you 2 would be damned good testers, if i had to choose.

I agree with Dr. Neo on that :D

I haven't got much free time lately, but i love to get my hands on a Myth card, just to relife the retro stuff.

Damned when it comes out, what to do with my fully modified MD/MegaCD/32X :D, even got a multibios in the megacd II.

I have a tototek flashcard, but since my pc has no lpt port anymore i'm stuck and, no old pc near me anymore :/

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
    • High Rated Trash Can Blog
Great Health Lifestyle Blog
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2022, 05:20:42 PM »
For the lady asking about what is the purpose of healthy lifestyle poster making healthy lifestyle poster ideas healthy lifestyle poster slogan, brainy quotes about health healthy lifestyle quotes tagalog healthy lifestyle affects mental health  I highly suggest this great healthy lifestyle link or healthy lifestyle poster making drawing is a healthy lifestyle expensive, what are examples of lifestyle physical activity health lifestyle action programme wellness tips for office workers what healthy lifestyle means to me as well as this new healthy lifestyle forum on top of healthy lifestyle tips for young adults objective of healthy lifestyle campaign example of unhealthy lifestyle choice, healthy lifestyle goals examples what is healthy lifestyle healthy lifestyle and mental health as well as this cool healthy lifestyle details which is also great. Also have a look at this excellent healthy lifestyle site and don't forget lifestyle exercise examples, healthy lifestyle quotes healthy living poster ideas, the benefits of a healthy lifestyle uk what does healthy lifestyle means what is healthy lifestyle habits, not to mention this great healthy lifestyle blog and don't forget healthy eating lifestyle quotes benefits of a healthy lifestyle poster healthy lifestyle nhs list of healthy living habits what healthy lifestyle means to me essay do you practice healthy lifestyle, as well as top rated healthy lifestyle details which is also worth a look. I also recommend this useful healthy lifestyle blog as well as lifestyle exercise examples, healthy lifestyle facts what is healthy lifestyle means healthy living poster ks1, healthy teenage lifestyle tips pdf healthy and unhealthy lifestyle examples and don't forget this awesome healthy lifestyle advice alongside all nutrition poster making ideas healthy lifestyle interventions mental health health lifestyle nhs healthy lifestyle campaigns healthy living poster ideas, healthy quotes for instagram not to mention useful healthy lifestyle blog which is also great. Finally, have a look at this new healthy lifestyle advice for good measure. Check more New Health Lifestyle Tipsi 7dfd40_

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
Excellent Heating Site
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2022, 10:28:25 PM »
In reply to the man inquiring about sump pump battery backup harbor freight, gas boiler replacement on benefits, best sewer line repair denver, air quality europe interactive map, drain cleaning, water heater expansion tank sizing,  I highly suggest this top rated Santa Rosa heating advice or sewer line repair crystal mn, air duct cleaning equipment rental, plumbing pipe repair cost, how much does a furnace install cost, plumbing snake, indoor air quality sensor, and don't forget this top Santa Rosa cooling tips not to mention clogged sewer line repair near me, commercial drain cleaning services near me, tankless water heater installation cost homewyse, indoor air quality assessment, air quality index europe, air quality sensor for home, on top of this recommended Santa Rosa plumbing url which is also great. Also have a look at this high rated Santa Rosa heating tips not to mention air quality map, indoor air quality assessment leed, tankless water heater electric reviews, water treatment process ppt, tankless water heater gas or electric, drain cleaning bladder for pools, not to mention this great Santa Rosa heating blog not to mention tankless water heater vs tank, plumbing repair services mckinney, heating oil suppliers near me, air care duct cleaning las vegas, sump pumps for basements, sewer line replacement cost seattle, not to mention excellent Santa Rosa cooling details which is also worth a look. I also recommend this cool Santa Rosa cooling info as well as lead generation air duct cleaning las vegas, water heater leaking from top seam, air duct cleaning machine near me, faucet & plumbing repair services, hvac maintenance services near me, sump pump float canadian tire, alongside all this excellent Santa Rosa air quality link alongside all heating pad electric, water treatment puzzle rust 2021, water heater replacement cost nj, plumbing maintenance near me, tankless water heater home depot canada, is heating tobacco better than burning, alongside all excellent Santa Rosa cooling info which is also great. Finally, have a look at this top Santa Rosa air quality blog for good measure. Check more Great Air Quality Forum 6bab266

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
Useful Car Bumper Info
« Reply #89 on: Today at 06:48:43 AM »
In reply to the man inquiring about mustang rear bumper, 2015 chevy malibu bumper, 2013 malibu front bumper, bmw e90 m sport rear bumper, scion frs front bumper, ford focus front bumper,  I highly suggest this useful bumper website services info or bmw 335i rear bumper, 2014 toyota camry se front bumper, e90 m sport rear bumper, nissan note front bumper, w212 front bumper, e36 front bumper, not to mention this recommended bumper website services forum as well as 2019 toyota camry rear bumper, 2013 focus st front bumper, vw golf bumper, acura tl front bumper, honda city rear bumper price, 2016 dodge ram 1500 front bumper, not to mention this great bumper website services advice which is also great. Also have a look at this top rated bumper website services blog and don't forget chrysler 200 front bumper, honda civic type r bumper, 2017 hyundai sonata front bumper, 2017 hyundai elantra front bumper, 2013 hyundai veloster front bumper, 2007 chrysler 300 front bumper, on top of this recommended bumper website services details and don't forget 2000 dodge dakota front bumper, 2002 dodge dakota rear bumper, e60 m4 bumper, mk5 gti aftermarket front bumper, 2016 hyundai elantra bumper, audi q5 rear bumper, and don't forget great bumper website services advice which is also worth a look. I also suggest this top bumper website services forum as well as bmw x3 bumper, 2019 dodge charger front bumper, cts v bumper, 2001 toyota camry front bumper, 2008 nissan altima front bumper, car back bumper price, and don't forget this top bumper website services tips as well as 335i m3 bumper, bmw 1 series m sport bumper, kidzone bumper car charger, audi q5 bumper, 2008 dodge ram 1500 rear bumper, bmw m5 front bumper, alongside all new bumper website services linkon top of datsun go bumper price, hummer h2 front bumper, audi q5 rear bumper, bondo for plastic bumpers, s13 rear bumper, mercury marauder front bumper, which is also great. Finally, have a look at this updated car bumper blog for good measure. Check more Top Workbench Info a0931f7