Author Topic: ~tak's NEO Myth SFC/SNES Review (GERMAN/ENGLISH)  (Read 20473 times)

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: ~tak's NEO Myth SFC/SNES Review (GERMAN/ENGLISH)
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 04:19:51 AM »
Umm.. what kind of save feature are you talking about? Realtime save (as in the NES PowerPak case) or normal save (as in the SNES PowerPak) case?
There are technical reasons for why realtime saving is a lot more complicated on the SNES, and therefor isn't supported. I've written about them in the past so I won't go into them again (but it has to do with the sound subsystem).
The reasons why GBA flash carts have a lot more features are many: It's a more advanced system, yet simpler from an architectural point of view; it's easier to develop for (good tools available); and there used to be a very large market for GBA flash carts (larger than there ever has been for SNES flash carts). These days the same thing is true for the DS.

I don't know where you've heard that you can't backup your saves from the SNES Myth to your PC, but that's not correct. You plug it in with the USB cable, run the PC client, and that's it. The thing that's not supported yet is automatic SRAM backup/loading to/from the SD card.

Offline Live_Steam_Mad

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 06:45:03 AM »
Umm.. what kind of save feature are you talking about? Realtime save (as in the NES PowerPak case) or normal save (as in the SNES PowerPak) case?

In the case of my flash carts for GameBoy and GBA and DS/Lite and DSi, I meant that you can save your game progress in exactly the same way as when you are playing when you have only just your original stand alone GameBoy portable and an original game cart, i.e. saving your game from inside the game itself. It's this feature which I feel should be standard on the SNES Powerpak and SNES NeoMyth cart, and it suprised me that it wasn't implemented at the moment on either of the latter two products. I call this method of saving your game "normal".

I only just 20 mins ago remembered that the guy who implemented saves on the Nes Powerpak didn't implement "normal" saves but only save states instead, and immediately edited my previous post to reflect this. My mistake (my memory is not good).

>There are technical reasons for why realtime saving is a lot more complicated on the SNES, and therefor isn't supported. I've written about them in the past so I won't go into them again (but it has to do with the sound subsystem).

Oh right I see. So I understand that to mean that both "normal" save games and "save states" are not supported in the Neo Myth cart. That's too bad. I'll buy one if the "normal" save is implemented. I don't understand why the "normal" saves doesn't work in SNES Powerpak or SNES NeoMyth cart but if it's a lot of work then I suppose I'll have to be patient and wait.

Thanks for the replies.

I have an NTSC USA original model SNES and would be up for beta testing / reviewing a cart that can do "normal" saves on a SNES  :-*

Cheers,

Alistair G.

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 01:14:06 PM »
i.e. saving your game from inside the game itself. It's this feature which I feel should be standard on the SNES Powerpak and SNES NeoMyth cart

This is working on the SNES Myth, and I'm pretty sure it's working on the SNES PowerPak as well. On the PowerPak the memory might be volatile so I don't know if a save is retained unless you hold the reset button to dump it to CF. With the SNES Myth you have SaveRAM on the GBA carts that are used for game storage, so it behaves just as if you were using a normal cartridge with SaveRAM. But if you want to play more than one game that uses saving you'll have to backup the SaveRAM to your PC yourself since the same chunk of memory is used for all games.

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
    • High Rated Trash Can Blog
Awesome Dog Behaviour Details
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2022, 08:40:39 PM »
To the lady inquiring about timid puppy behavior, bulldog behaviour, border terrier behaviour problems, border collie obsessive compulsive behavior, dog behaviour with other dogs, puppy mating behaviour,  I highly recommend this top rated dog behaviour forum or husky dog behaviour, canine behavior, chocolate lab puppy behavior, pendlebairn pet dog behaviour, collie behavior problems, dog behaviour help, alongside all this best dog behaviour tips alongside all good dog behaviour and training, random aggressive dog behavior, dominating behaviour in dogs, dog psychologist near me, male dog in heat behavior, border terrier behaviour problems, as well as this new dog behaviour tips which is also great. Also have a look at this top dog behaviour advice not to mention 10 month old lab puppy behavior, dog age behavior, one to one dog behaviour training, beagle aggressive behaviour, male ****apoo behavior, nathan williams dog behaviour, alongside all this useful dog behaviour site and don't forget very badly behaved dogs, valleys dog behaviour and training, dog behavior problems aggression, rescue dog behavior problems, territorial behaviour in dogs, one to one dog behaviour training, not to mention top dog behaviour tips which is also worth a look. I also suggest this top rated dog behaviour url not to mention bonny dog behaviour, dogs on period behavior, dog behaviour humping, schnauzer behavior problems, dog training and behaviour courses, 6 month old labrador behaviour, not to mention this new dog behaviour site as well as dog period behavior, manic puppy behaviour, 13 month old puppy behavior, normal puppy behavior problems, normal puppy behavior 10 weeks, german shepherd dog aggressive behaviour, not to mention top dog behaviour advice which is also great. Finally, have a look at this high rated dog behaviour info for good measure. Check more Awesome Nft Loan Blog 192da09

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
    • High Rated Trash Can Blog
Excellent NFT Collection Advice
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2022, 10:31:47 PM »
For the lady talking about nft's for sale, wax nft price, crypto idolz nft, first ever nft,  I highly recommend this recommended great nft collection info and don't forget ether nft, free wax nft, degen nft, nft coins on binance, christies cryptopunk, star trek nft, creating your own nft, fox nft,  look at this awesome recommended nft collection info alongside all nft on sale, wwe nft, nft new, nft art coin binance, binance nft coin list, shopify for nft, nft digital cards, top ten nft,  try this high rated best nft collection blog for top nft crypto coins, shiba nft coin, heroes of nft, crypto punk coin, free wax nft, pegz nft, top expensive nft, 007 nft,  not forgeting this top rated excellent nft collection link on top of nba top shot volume, myetherwallet nft, white list nft, best nft crypto coins, ecomi nft coin, famous nft collections, highest cryptopunk sale, nft sale prices,  as well this excellent best nft collection url for pea**** nft, average nft sale price, wax digital cards, nft art opensea, nft portfolio, vogu nft, super rare nft art, top nft to buy, See More @ New Swinging Relationship Tips 2da0931