Author Topic: NEO2-SD Support  (Read 28910 times)

Offline ronaldo_76

Re: NEO2-SD Support
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 04:16:33 PM »
yeahhh mic very good work. :) sd support is a nice feature and we are all waiting! (yeah me too)  ~sm-60.gif~.gif
when the reset soft button not work? this is very angry for me, but not to change.  ~sm-73.gif~.gif

keep up the good work mic... +rep

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 11:54:33 PM »
I'm currently working on improving SD game loading performance. I've gone from about 39 kB/s last week to about 55 kB/s yesterday, and I might be able to squeeze a couple more kB out of it. With the help of ChillyWilly I've also been testing the menu with different cards and different games to try to find serious bugs. So far it's going well, so I'm hoping to have a release ready by the end of this week or early next week.

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 01:05:52 AM »
So far it's going well, so I'm hoping to have a release ready by the end of this week or early next week.

Christmas time is coming...  ~sm-56.gif~.gif
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 03:54:01 AM »
Now that mic has mentioned it, I guess I can chime in.  ::sm-09.gif::

The SD support in the SNES menu is coming along nicely. It's pretty quick (especially given the size of SNES games), and I have yet to see a regular game (one that doesn't use an enhancement chip) that didn't work properly loaded from SD. Like I told mic, I've gotten more use out of my SNES Myth in the last few days than all the rest of the time up 'til then.  ~sm-82.gif~.gif

Offline gtsamour

• NEO newbie
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »
I got my NEO2-SD, works like a charm, excellent piece of equipment :)

One question though....
I connected it to my Neo Myth MD card and to the PC using the Neo2 Manger v1.11.
After the successful normal format, the cart was registering on the manager as a "512M". Isn't it supposed to have 256M internal flash?
Was there an upgrade of NEO2-SD to 512M that I don't know of?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 08:41:43 PM »
Yeah , the NEO2-SD has 512Mb flash space , and 128Mb ZIP RAM....
NEO2-Pro from the other hand , has 1024Mb flash space and 256Mb ZIP RAM (must have for n64 myth owners)

Offline gtsamour

• NEO newbie
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2011, 09:04:54 PM »
But how can this be?
On the NEO2-SD it says 256M flash and also the same is mentioned here... http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&cat=0&page=1

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2011, 01:46:35 AM »
But how can this be?
On the NEO2-SD it says 256M flash and also the same is mentioned here... http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=41&cat=0&page=1

That was the original specs. It was quietly updated to 512M around the time the MD Myth came out.

Offline gtsamour

• NEO newbie
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2011, 01:58:04 AM »
Ahhhh, thank you very much for the info :)

Offline gtsamour

• NEO newbie
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »
I have a problem guys. I use NEO2-SD with my Neo Myth MD cart. The Genesis and 32X roms are working fine (loading from the SD card) but the SMS roms load and they don't start to play. Does the NEO2-SD support SMS games?

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 03:35:13 AM »
SMS games only work from SD on the latest hardware revision of the MD Myth, so you (like most people) probably have an older revision and need to write SMS games to flash instead.

Offline gtsamour

• NEO newbie
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 04:06:27 AM »
Oh OK, its good to know at least. My Myth Cart MD is v11. Whats the latest version? Is it possible in a future version of the MD Menu to be able to load SMS roms from the SD on earlier versions of the MD cart?
Its good that I have the Everdrive too then.

Another question... I seem to only be able to write roms to around half of the 512mbit of the flash (117 roms). Is some flash memory reserved for writing roms from the SD or something?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 04:15:02 AM by gtsamour »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 05:05:29 AM »
Oh OK, its good to know at least. My Myth Cart MD is v11. Whats the latest version? Is it possible in a future version of the MD Menu to be able to load SMS roms from the SD on earlier versions of the MD cart?

They changed the version number to match the CPLD ID... V3 is the original MD Myth, V4 is what most people have, and V5 is the latest which can load SMS for SD. We do plan to have the ability to burn SMS games into flash from the SD to allow older versions to run SMS from SD, but that's not available right now. So just burn the SMS games to flash until then.

Another question... I seem to only be able to write roms to around half of the 512mbit of the flash (117 roms). Is some flash memory reserved for writing roms from the SD or something?

No. The  main reason space might go to waste in the flash is the difference in size and alignment rules for roms. It's like fragmenting the filesystem in Windows, but on your flash.  ~sm-79.gif~.gif

You might plan out what you want in flash, and separate them according to size. If you burn multiple games at once, make sure they're all the same size to limit fragmentation, then do a different size in a different group.

Offline gtsamour

• NEO newbie
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »
So when we select a MD game to play from the SD, is it writen to the PSram and executed from there or is it written in the flash?

Sektor

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 05:22:51 AM »
MD is copied to PSRAM.