Author Topic: MK4-Mini review by me  (Read 19161 times)

Offline interdpth

MK4-Mini review by me
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:56:26 AM »
Ok, first i'd like to say this company has a really great and fast shipping 3 days. ^^

Ok, I wake up to find the box awaiting me. I take it out of the box, decide to see what to do. Plugged it in and tried to get some ROMs to boot, no sucess. White screens. Unplug the GBA cart I saw the little menu popup. I tested the MK2/3 Booter really fast and works well. Put it down for the day, went to the Neoflash homepage and saw a patcher downloaded it. None of the games I wanted to play would right as of yet. So I went and found one that did. Sonic Rush. Patched it then flashed it worked. Perfectly, now i've been a doubter in NeoFlashes saving particularly in the GBA part. So I wanted to test the Mk4's save. Saved the game left off for the night turned it on and there it was my save was there. This is a really excellent product i'd say. ^^

Pro's

Fast Booting
Saved the Games as promised
Small product
Does everything promised

Con's
No real use for that bswitch button. >_>
I have Sonic Rush on the GBA cart and if I switch the button to NDS or GBA still boots sonic so what's the point in this?
Needs a patcher

All in all 8/10

Offline boblen

• Neo MOD
    • Aussie-Play.com
Re: MK4-Mini review by me
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:56:56 PM »
Thank You,

If the switch is on NDS and if there is no MK2/3 In there it probally just boots into GBA Mode incase it gets bumped or something. ::sm-27.gif::

Offline Normmatt

• Neo-Newbie
Re: MK4-Mini review by me
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:28:22 PM »
Yes i would assume the MK4-mini has a failsafe if there isnt a MK2/3 in the nds slot it boots into the gba cart

Offline AvesLefer

• NEO newbie
MK4 Mini review by me
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 06:53:23 PM »
Did the original thread get deleted as have searched for it with no luck and trying to warn someone here in Aust to be carefull as they are looking to get a block from outfront  ?