Author Topic: Magic Key and newer DS models  (Read 103377 times)

Offline Dipskana

Magic Key and newer DS models
« on: October 04, 2005, 02:37:29 AM »
I'm considering buying a Neo Flash kit, but is it compatible with the newer DS models?  I was reading up on the SuperPassKey and it stated that it won't work with Nintendo DS's with a serial starting with a number higher than 12.  Is this the case with the Magic Key 1/2/3 as well?

Offline rozsdas

Re: Magic Key and newer DS models
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 10:40:33 PM »
I want to know the same thing. Does MK2/3 work with new ds models?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 02:15:57 AM »
All I can say for sure at this point is that Magic Key uses the same method as PassMe (which is also what is used in SuperPass) - so these likely will not work with the newest DS's that dont work with the others.

The first bit of the serial appears to not  be a good way to tell which ones work or not, as every region has its own numbering system. As far as I have been able to gather, the EURO ones are NEH12****, and the US ones are NU40** and NU41** (with the US ones the last number in the box seems to tell which revision it is... [8] is apparently the not working one) - the JPN serial seems to be starting with NY4*** so...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 11:16:26 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline Dipskana

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2005, 12:39:04 PM »
Ah, my number is 3, so it should be no problem.

Thank you very much for your help.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2005, 01:53:53 PM »
nice topic,makt it stick :)
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Lechuck

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2005, 07:53:20 PM »
my serial number start by  NEH11
And my magickey don't work with my new DS

It's only working with european DS if ure serial number start by NEH10 next  taht don't work (I read its not working next NEH12 too but its NEH11

Offline Stoic

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2005, 11:12:34 PM »
Anybody know when they started selling the "bad" DS's stateside? I want to pick one up, but it would be worthless to me if I can't play roms on it.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2005, 11:19:03 PM »
Stoic, so far as I know, if you go get a grey DS stateside, and not any of the colored package ones that come with Nintendogs you will likely get one with the older firmware. Keep an eye on the serial (you can see it without taking it out of the box) and see that it starts with NU40 or NU41 and has a number less than [8] in the box after the serial number.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline Xtreme

• I do it my way.
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 02:33:54 AM »
see that it starts with NU40 or NU41 and has a number less than [8] in the box after the serial number.

What do you mean?
Do you mean that NU409*** is not working?
or
NU40 with over eight numbers after it?
I'm a bit confused, sorry.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2005, 03:31:47 AM »
Nothing final has been found out yet about the correspondence of the serial number to the firmware, just in general if the serial STARTS with NU40 or NU41 (yes, there is a full serial # after it) and is the origional grey DS that is not part of a bundle then it is probable the firmware will still be the origional/flashme/passme compatible one.

Offline 4thHorseman

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2005, 09:50:26 AM »
is there any chance that this problem can be fixed with software?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2005, 10:35:45 AM »
Quite likely it could be fixed with a different flashme or different CPLD code on the passme, just a matter of if the people who know how to do that coding decide to get one of the new firmwares and find a flaw/security hole to exploit.

Offline Strickter

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 07:27:22 AM »
Man the new kit looks so sweet but the first one I bought broke me :-\

Offline ebolacorpze

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 11:43:56 PM »
F***!! i have a european DS with NEH1105****, Bagherra: is your number higher or lower than mine?

i got my neoflash kit today and i was also wondering if i have to put an original game in the MK to boot the DS roms?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 10:14:29 AM »
i got my neoflash kit today and i was also wondering if i have to put an original game in the MK to boot the DS roms?
Yes you do. Without a DS game in the Magic Key the circuit is not complete and Magic Key will not do anything.