Author Topic: Magic Key and newer DS models  (Read 102625 times)

Offline tehxan

Re: Magic Key and newer DS models
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2005, 04:48:41 PM »
well, i couldn't be bothered waiting, and went out and got the cheapest old ds game i could find, (polarium), and still no luck, all i still get is whitescreens, and my flasher is working fine, i flashed that gridtest rom to it, then read the rom back off it and checked the crc, same file.

so it seems i have one of those new units...and all i see is brick wall :(

no idea where to go from here apart from trying that flashme thing...which id rather not do if i could avoid it

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 04:01:39 PM »
well, if you saw the brick wall on your DS screen then you may have ran dsbricker...  :o

http://www.dspassme.com has passme2, which will allow you to flashme your DS, on the new firmware there is no way to run NDS hombrew/rom without a passme/flashme/wifime method.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline tehxan

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2005, 04:25:37 PM »
ok, well, say i wanted to do the flashme method, would an mk2/3 let me do the same thing as the passme2?
or are all the mk* units all based off passme1?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2005, 09:01:44 PM »
I confirmed with Dr.neo a while back, MK2/3 use a different hardware than the CPLD used in the passme, but it boots the DS using a very similar method (if not exactly the same) as a passme1 and has no way of being updated to act as a passme2 does.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline NDS_RIPPER

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2005, 09:05:37 AM »
If I get passme2 for my DS with Nintendogs - Dachshund & Friends (US) programmed into it, will it work with my Nintendogs - Dachshund & Friends game that I bought in New Zealand? I Have the new DS model. Also if I use flashme to update my firmware will my Magic Key 1 work?
Thanks

Offline Lechuck

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 02:48:48 AM »
I have reprogram my passme2 for working with Bomberman (E) (ABMP)
and write the begining of Sram with passme2flashme.gba look the 4 first letter behind DS cart.

IT'S WORKING IF U USE "ndspacth0.1" (not gst patcher)

BUT !!!  ???

Next  u save ure game....  :'( u cannot boot ure game with passme2 because the beginnig of sram is not wrotten 4 passme2 compatibility).

HOW CAN U WRITE BEGINING OF SRAM WITH *.bin FILE WITHOUT LOST SAVED GAME ?
I tried different solution with 3 different flash-cart but I have never found...
Please, somebody can help me ?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 03:17:32 PM »
I have reprogram my passme2 for working with Bomberman (E) (ABMP)
and write the begining of Sram with passme2flashme.gba look the 4 first letter behind DS cart.

IT'S WORKING IF U USE "ndspacth0.1" (not gst patcher)

BUT !!!  ???

Next  u save ure game....  :'( u cannot boot ure game with passme2 because the beginnig of sram is not wrotten 4 passme2 compatibility).

HOW CAN U WRITE BEGINING OF SRAM WITH *.bin FILE WITHOUT LOST SAVED GAME ?
I tried different solution with 3 different flash-cart but I have never found...
Please, somebody can help me ?
There is no other way than writing SRAM every time, and only using things that dont overwrite it.

That said, there IS a way, but you must use FlashMe V5 to update your DS so you no longer have to use PassMe2 (magic key, passme and hold ABXY on boot should all work normally then, without needing PassMe2 SRAM files)

Offline howie648

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2005, 10:33:42 PM »
Ok, I'm about ready to pull my hair out here!!! I have a ds with a Serial # 41... There is no 8 printed on the serial number section but a circled #2 so I'm fine there. I have a Magic Key 3, a 512 SD card and Mario Kart DS for my ds cart. I also have a X-ROM Easybuy 2000 512 GBA cart as well. I downloaded the Menu .2 and .3 and flashed my GBA card with the files one at a time. When I try to run the menu prg on my DS through the GBA, all I get is a white screen. Even if I to run the prg with an emulator or the GBA I have, I still get the white screen. Is the Menu prg even a GBA rom or is there a patch I need to use to make it work..??

PS - I followed the directions - I had the MagicKey3 and SD card plugged in on the DS side.. When I plug it in, it's like there is nothing there.. Also, if I plug in the Mario Kart DS in the MagicKey3, I will not even get to boot up the DS.. All it does is startup with the opening DS screen and then the both screens go blank.. My DS is new out of the box as well. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Offline Lechuck

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2005, 11:06:32 PM »
That said, there IS a way, but you must use FlashMe V5 to update your DS so you no longer have to use PassMe2 (magic key, passme and hold ABXY on boot should all work normally then, without needing PassMe2 SRAM files)

Offline Lechuck

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2005, 11:07:45 PM »

If I Flash my new DS, mk1 will work ?
Or it's just for homebrew ?

Offline Lechuck

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2005, 11:59:01 PM »
 :) okay thx
I have flash my new DS with flashme found on http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/ (that's the last ? = v5 ?)

Mk1 work now thk a lot

ps: can u answerd if firmware on http://ds.gcdev.com/dsfirmware/ is the last ?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2005, 10:33:22 AM »
Howie, I answered you here:
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1137.msg6949.html#msg6949

There are not tonnes of people to answer your questions, I try to come by at least once a day and see if I can help anyone who needs it. Patience, and if you post something to an area I mod on you can be sure I will see it and try and help ;) No need for asking everywhere.

Bagherra, current DS FlashMe on that site is the most recent (its the official site) and I can confirm that the file itself was updated to V5 around Nov 3 2005 and has not changed since ;)

Offline BadLeroy

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 03:40:07 AM »
OK, so after doing some more research after I made my order from Divineo for my Neo-Max kit I realize I have a newer Blue (Serial ends in [9]) NDS that is probably not going to work. So I am wondering what my options are:

1) Refuse/Return the Neo-Max kit and wait for a newer version that deals with the new firmware.

2) Buy a PassMe2 and Flash the new hacked firmware. (More Money  :'( )

3) Go to my local gamestop, trade in my brand new blue DS for an older, silver version. Then probably flash the new hacked firmware with Wifime.

Any Suggestions?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 06:38:42 PM »
To be negative:
1) not shure when or even if a passme2 compatible MK will come
2) PassMe 2 is the best bet - but itll cost you some time and money
3) You may wind up with a used/old silver one with new firmware...

To be positive:
1) It may happen
2) you already have the kit coming, some have been getting DS's that have the newer serial but the older firmware, being this close to xmas there are many reasons why this could be happening. Did you get it in one of the nintendog bundles or as a stand alone unit? (NDog bundles seem to be new firmware, but I cant say for all of them)
3) you may get a very newish DS with the old firmware and be set...

Offline BadLeroy

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2005, 11:27:23 AM »
Well I got my Neo-Max 1G kit today from Divineo and I decided to keep it and give it a try. One thing I noticed right off the bat is that my kit had a 128MB SD A-Data card in it instead of the 1GB Card. I have already sent off a support e-mail to Divineo. My package has an Orange 1 Gb sticker on it so I think someone must have packed it wrong. Anyway, I am very suprised to say that after using WifiMe to flash my firmware to V5 my Magickey 3 works with my Blue NU11******45[9] Unit.

Aside from the wrong SD card I got, everything works well. I purchased a new Sandisk 1Gb SD card and that works in my MK3. Just thought I'd give a quick update.