Author Topic: NEO Summer coding contest 2007 for NDS(GBA) and PSP first announcement  (Read 45989 times)

Offline Glynnder

No I don't think so, also could we please get a reply on whether you can enter if you live in Europe.
I think a europeans paypal can accept Dollars, but then we'd need to pay for the shipping of the prize correct?

Offline titch.ryan

is there not a summer splash yet?  :'(

Online Dr.neo

• Administrator
Can I assume we are not allowed to enter something from someone elses competition?  eg. if a game was entered in another websites competition, can it also be entered in this one?

i just add a new rule:
[7] If your production have enter other compo BEFORE this NEO compo ,then you can't use it to enter our compo again.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Mr305

Some of the forums icons look a bit more glossy ++ Eye candy  ;D

OK, I was wondering we do have to upload the source code to moderators, Right? Or Doesn't this rule apply?

[So that, as I progress along in coding, I can make it more legible & comprehensible to the readers instead of keeping it in my way. [here, our mods]]

Misssstr-3-O-Faah  ::sm-18.gif::

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 01:17:42 AM by Mr305 »

Sektor

You don't need to send your source to the judges (at least not in past competitions).  I think you only have to release your source if you are porting a GPL or similar licensed program to DS.

Offline ghoti

Where can I find the exact procedure?
like the enddate is 10 august but is that the date when you must enter the game, or can you enter it earlier? what if you do it earlier but made some changes ? and can you release image or video impressions?
Will difficulty of the project also count? I mean if someone makes a big 3D project and I only make something 2D will just that fact make a difference ?

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
The game/app can be submitted after the splash screen has been chosen, usually close to the deadline. A sub-topic will be created to submitions It also needs to have a screenshot in the forum post. The source code is not needed for entering the competition.

Offline ai3gtmc

wow nice another compo :) thanks Dr.Neo ::sm-29.gif::

oh by the way and how many homebrew can we enter? and if its unlimited like last compo, are the points on the our homebrew individual each homebrew we enter?

thanks
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:31:08 AM by ai3gtmc »

Offline Mr305

wow nice another compo :) thanks Dr.Neo ::sm-29.gif::

oh by the way and how many homebrew can we enter? and if its unlimited like last compo, are the points on the our homebrew individual each homebrew we enter?

thanks

Mehh... onestly ... Can't wait for your flasher! ::sm-29.gif:: I use this and Team-Ducks FileFlasher for all  my flashing needs of my extreme customized psp!  ::sm-12.gif::   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:48:41 AM by Mr305 »

Offline ai3gtmc

you use my flasher ?

thanks  ::sm-29.gif::  I'm updating it with more features :)

and btw Dr.Neo can we get help for graphics?  ::sm-29.gif::
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 05:54:04 AM by ai3gtmc »

Offline BlackShark

Slasher?

any way is there a place to sign up, or do we just post it here when finished?
  8)

Sektor

There will be a thread created a few days before the end date and you can post your entry in there and update it until the end date.

Offline BlackShark

all right then :o

Offline MrD

I've got a couple of questions:

Can I enter a full version of a project which I've already released a WIP version of 6 months ago?
Is it okay if I enter a game which is a port of an old Amiga game? (No original Amiga source used. It's a total rewrite.)

Offline tacticalpenguin

If I released an alpha version of something to get some ideas from people and feedback etc a week after this thread was posted can I enter the complete version of it in the compo? The alpha of it didn't really have much use and was more a POC.