Author Topic: NEO Summer coding contest 2007 for NDS(GBA) and PSP first announcement  (Read 46336 times)

Offline DragonMinded

if your code was release before (like enter other compo already) , then you can't enter NEO compo again.

NEO compo just accept original design , and allow same project enter one more time too, but not the no.1 in last NEO compo.

So I was beat out last competition by people that ported emulators, but I cant enter my last year's worth of original worth?  Besides, that rule is missing from the front page.  I implore you to reconsider.

Offline tacticalpenguin

Ok I didn't enter it in any compos, it was just a POC to get ideas. Can I still enter the final real version?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Slasher?

any way is there a place to sign up, or do we just post it here when finished?
  8)

if you want to release your entry more early, you can do it now,it's no problem for us,hehe :D
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
I've got a couple of questions:

Can I enter a full version of a project which I've already released a WIP version of 6 months ago?
Is it okay if I enter a game which is a port of an old Amiga game? (No original Amiga source used. It's a total rewrite.)

yes you can use it to enter if it's a whole new version or have whole new function. and you can use this project to enter NEO compo 2 times total.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
If I released an alpha version of something to get some ideas from people and feedback etc a week after this thread was posted can I enter the complete version of it in the compo? The alpha of it didn't really have much use and was more a POC.

if you don't use this to enter other compo,then you are accept.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
So I was beat out last competition by people that ported emulators, but I cant enter my last year's worth of original worth?  Besides, that rule is missing from the front page.  I implore you to reconsider.

if you just enter 1 time NEO compo only,then you have second chance now  ::sm-21.gif::

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
and we have open the FREE Blog space for all developers, you can try to build your blog, or post any project news to there,or game news,hardware news....everything!

just check it now:
http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?option=com_mamblog&Itemid=66

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
if you want to release your entry more early, you can do it now,it's no problem for us,hehe :D

If I want to release my project early (with temporary splash screens) where should I post it? ::sm-22.gif::

Offline DragonMinded

if you don't use this to enter other compo,then you are accept.

So does this mean if I enter this compo, I can't enter a compo on another site?  OR just another compo on this site with the same thing?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
If I want to release my project early (with temporary splash screens) where should I post it? ::sm-22.gif::

you can post now.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
So does this mean if I enter this compo, I can't enter a compo on another site?  OR just another compo on this site with the same thing?

if other compo accept you,then you can enter there,neo compo don't limit it with you at all,neo compo just don't accept you use the same project enter other compo FIRST, then try to use it to enter neo compo LATER again.

Offline DragonMinded

if other compo accept you,then you can enter there,neo compo don't limit it with you at all,neo compo just don't accept you use the same project enter other compo FIRST, then try to use it to enter neo compo LATER again.

The other compo ends in the beginning of July, where this one ends in august.  I would be entering the same version into both that one and this one, although with different splash screens.  Would that be acceptible?

Offline Helius

• Capsule Corp.
    • Geardome
The other compo ends in the beginning of July, where this one ends in august.  I would be entering the same version into both that one and this one, although with different splash screens.  Would that be acceptible?

I am in the same case of this user...

Offline Freshmilk

Lol, neither of you understood that, I take it. I think he means that you have to have entered the application or game in this competiton first; if you've already entered it in the other competition, its not accepted here.

Make sense now?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Freshmilk is right.