Author Topic: The finally result for this NEO Summer compo 2007  (Read 47805 times)

Offline samel

• SpaghettiDSDev
Re: The finally result for this NEO Summer compo 2007
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 07:50:29 PM »
Congratulations to everyone, and many thanks to Neo!

c-ya the next compo !  ::sm-07.gif::
--
Samel
"Close the world, txen eht nepo!"
"You will never break my mind!"

Offline pucelano

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 12:33:30 AM »
First of all, thanks to Neoflash, Dr.neo, judges and voters.

I am especially grateful to the people who has been able to value the work that I have realized.

Thanks to my wife. She has had great patience during the months of development of this application.

I have chosen the NEO 8in1 PSP pad. It will be for my son, who leaves me his PSP to test my applications.

Of course, congratulations to all the winners!

See you in next compo.

Offline almost219

• Almost219 official website
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 12:58:17 AM »
I wanna say thanks to Neoflash, DrNeo, and sponsors for making this possible and thanks to everybody who voted for me. I have choosen the MK6 motion + Neo3 and the pm was already sent.
1st project came in 5th place in 2007 Summer Compo. (35 votes)

Offline Guyfawkes

• Neo-Newbie
    • http://www.emuholic.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 03:56:04 AM »
I have some notes on the majority of the DS games entries that I wrote when judging. They are not exactly full comments, more of a one sentence impression. Please note some games entries are missing as I judged them another time, sorry but I do not have the comments for these as I wrote on a friends laptop and the file has been deleted now.

A cup of tea
============
FPS game, be quick or you will end up dead very fast

ASCII Pacman
===========
Good pacman remake done in ASCII, ran a little too fast for my liking. Also enemy AI needs a bit of work.

Brickfall
=========
Nice game, powerups can be tricky to get though. Makes use of motion card so extra points.

Codename Hacker
===============
Great Chips Challenge remake, commercial quality! Makes use of motion card so extra points.

Cube-X
======
Good puzzle game.

Cube Breakout
=============
Interesting take on Breakout done in 3D and 4D, can be confusing at first but you get the hang of it.

Dicewars
========
Good remake of the original web based game. Well presented and plays like the original.

Robot Arm
=========
Good puzzle game, ideal 'one more game' games.

DSAllstars
==========
Good arcade game remake, the enemies seem a bit too active/fast and its tricky to get big coverage in one go.

DStroy
=====
Start of a bomberman game, needs a bit more work but promising.

Klungo Brain
============
Good Brain Training style game. Needs a bit more presentation but one to keep an eye on in the future.

Mass Hysteria
=============
Interesting strategy game, I would like to see this worked on more as it can turn into a great game.

Mental Games
============
Very well presented collection of Mini Games. Great for quick games while waiting for something. Good work.

Meteora Battle
============
Very well presented and polished arcade/strategy game.

HELLOWOR
===========
erm.........

Oh Mummy Evolution
==================
Great remake of the CPC classic. The collision detection needs a little bit of work (they can get you on corners) but otherwise perfect.

Sliding O Mania
===============
Nice picture puzzle sliding game, has two different modes to play.

TangramDS
=========
Good remake of the flash (if I remember right) game. Sometimes you have a correct match to the puzzle but the game wont recognise it, very annoying.

WheeDS
======
Very impressive looking Wipeout style racing game. The game is very easy to play though which lets it down. I hope this continues to be worked on as it can easily be turned into a top game.
http://www.emuholic.com/ -  All the latest hacking, emulation and homebrew news for many consoles.

Offline wraggster

• DCEmu Homebrew Network
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 05:34:39 AM »
thanks to all the coders and also to Neoflash for providing the Homebrew Scene with one of the greatest comps ever :)

Webmaster of DCEmu

The Worlds Only Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.

Offline tacticalpenguin

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 10:19:36 AM »
Can the comments on each application be PMed or emailed to the app's programmer? I'd like to see what the judges thought of my game and why I didn't even make the top 10, while a game very similar to mine (basically mine with better graphics and no level maker) got second.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 06:25:03 AM by tacticalpenguin »

Sektor

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 12:47:30 PM »
I didn't notice until now that there were 5 prizes for PSP APP section (last time there was 10).  Neoflash competitions still have more prizes than any other.

11 prizes in NDS Game section, heh someone got lucky.

It is strange that one tower defense game got 2nd place but another doesn't even make the top ten.  I'm guessing it would have made top 10 if it was the only tower defense game.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:11:39 PM by Sektor »

Offline sumiguchi

• sumiguchi
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 05:13:56 AM »
for some reason we don't want to release the opinion and score list for every project this time
Hmmm... I know this is YOUR compo but this just seems.......wrong.... :(

Offline deniska

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2007, 06:22:34 AM »
Congratulations to all winners!
Great compo, dr Neo!

Offline Schyzophrenic

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2007, 05:00:49 AM »
Hmmm... I know this is YOUR compo but this just seems.......wrong.... :(

I agree with sumiguchi here. We (well at least I) do not post to win a price at first place... But I'd like to know what you think of what we designed and coded. It is important for us (me) to know what you think of it and what you liked or disliked. I don't really understand why you don't want to release comments. It was my first time at the neo compo... It just feels weird not having any comments on the results ...  ~sm-31.gif~