NEO Coding Competitions > NEO Compo 2010

NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2010 for all retro platform final announcement

<< < (2/8) > >>

Dr.neo:
i think the iphone is "almost" a nice game console already, just miss one joypad?  ~sm-65.gif~.gif

ChillyWilly:

--- Quote from: Dr.neo on June 13, 2010, 04:37:36 PM ---i think the iphone is "almost" a nice game console already, just miss one joypad?  ~sm-65.gif~.gif

--- End quote ---

THIS! I would never call anything a game system that use a touch screen and tilt sensors. No dpad + no buttons = not a game system.

mfcas:
I've got one questions, are places 1-10 reserved for each category (psp/nds/gba/nes/snes and so on), so for example there can be two 1st places (1st place nds game and another game can get 1st place psp game) or is it all in one category? If yes, then do games on older systems some additional points, because obviously it's harder to make fun game on these?  ~sm-32.gif~
OFFTOP:
And to the author of the post above mine!
Madness  >:(
Touchscreen is nothing else than buttons on the screen! (+ the screen itself of course) ~sm-65.gif~.gif
D-pad is nothing more than a few buttons too, and they can be represented on touch screen too.  ^-^
Gaming device is, as the name suggests, a device that can play games, and iPhone certainly can do that.  ::sm-09.gif::
You can't decide "what is what" basing on your opinion, you just simply don't like touch screens.  ::sm-13.gif::
As far as I know, iPhone can be connect to the bluetooth keyboard, this way you can have plenty of buttons, but it's not like many games are supporting that (this is also my assumption, I don't have iPhone)  ::sm-11.gif::

Conle:

--- Quote ---I've got one questions, are places 1-10 reserved for each category (psp/nds/gba/nes/snes and so on), so for example there can be two 1st places (1st place nds game and another game can get 1st place psp game) or is it all in one category?
--- End quote ---

There are 2 divisions in total: Game & App , which means , 20 winners in total , and 6 out of 20 are the top winners of both
game and app divisions.

--- Quote ---
* Homebrew Game division
There are 10 winners for all platform

* Homebrew APP division
There are 10 winners for all platform

--- End quote ---

::sm-12.gif:: ::sm-12.gif::

--- Quote ---If yes, then do games on older systems some additional points, because obviously it's harder to make fun game on these?

--- End quote ---

No idea.  ~sm-36.gif~

mfcas:
Well, if you're not going to make some regulations then the most obvious choice will be iPhone - there's so many tools for it and development is nearly as easy as for PC.   ~sm-59.gif~.gif
It's easy to predict most games and apps will come for iPhone, and I also think that variety is always fun.  ::sm-09.gif::
I also think that, this "variety" makes NSCC one of a kind.  ~sm-32.gif~
Of course it's just a prediction and it may be way off, but helping this wouldn't be bad indeed.  ~sm-47.gif~.gif
Thanks for listening to my whining.   :-\

Have a good day!   ~sm-74.gif~.gif

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version