Author Topic: NeoMythMenuDX-v2.9  (Read 50142 times)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
Re: NeoMythMenuDX-v2.9
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 02:18:50 AM »
Does it show this for the rom info?

Type = MD, Size = 16Mb, Run = 0x9, SRAM Bank  = 3, Size = 1024Kb

I can't really test model 1 cd as I never have been able to get replacement BIOS + BRAM mode working (need more info on that mode from Dr.neo). I do my testing on a CDX and Model 2 SCD.

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 02:41:56 AM »
I just verified...that's exactly what mine says.  Is there any other way to launch into the Sega CD menu with the NeoMD plugged in?

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 07:07:19 PM »
Is there any way to access the Sega CD menu from the MD Myth?  I tried loading a bunch of different BIOSes (both from flash and the SD card), including the exact one that's on my Sega CD and it always does the same thing:  It gets to the main Sega CD screen and freezes.

If I could get SCD to load, I could at least test the saving that way. 

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 02:05:07 AM »
The only way to get to the CD menu is to load a BIOS or to use the BRAM file. Which BIOS you use depends on the model - Model 1 CDs need to use v1.x CD BIOSes, and Model 2 and CDX should use v2.x BIOSes.

Can you start a game before it freezes, or does it freeze before that?

Oh, another thing you could try is that Sonic rom with the mode 1 hack that was released last year. Or if you have a 32X, try my Wolf3D/SpearOfDestiny ports which also do mode 1 CDDA music in the game.

It's possible that the cart has a problem switching into CD mode, or it's possible the /CART line on your MD is bad so that no cart can switch into CD mode.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:08:01 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 02:25:36 AM »
Thanks for your reply. To test, I used my Everdrive MD to load one of the same BIOS files i was using with the Neo and it boots into the Sega CD just fine. I've actually been using my SCD that way for a long time with no issues.

It freezes before I start a game:   It freezes immediately as the very first Sega CD-related image pops up on screen.

I actually don't know anything about the Sonic & Wolf 3D roms you mentioned. Could you post a link to them?  They sounds really interesting.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 05:10:17 AM »
can you run the standard MD games well?
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 04:51:18 PM »
can you run the standard MD games well?

Standard MD games, SMS games and 32x games all seem to work perfect.  The issue is only Sega CD.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2013, 06:28:44 AM »
I actually don't know anything about the Sonic & Wolf 3D roms you mentioned. Could you post a link to them?  They sounds really interesting.

Wolf3D is over at Sega-16, but here's the last binaries: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5aw0n79pzngummw

The first post (which also contains the source and tables for how to order the CDDA tracks) can be found at Sega-16 here: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?6690-Wolf32X-finally-in-beta!&p=455745&viewfull=1#post455745

The hacked Sonic can be found somewhere at SonicRetro... no idea where.  ~sm-68.gif~.gif

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2013, 03:55:35 PM »
I was able to get the ROMs, but not the audio CD's.  For Sonic, the main page points to a forum for the audio, but in that thread, the CD link is dead:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_1_with_Redbook_Audio

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27135

Also, in your Wolf3D post, you link to a page with audio files, but they're all in .wlf format, not OGG.  Are there any links to the CD .iso's?

Sorry to be a pain, but this would be a good test of my Sega CD issue.  I really don't want the cart, unless Sega CD support works.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2013, 07:47:22 AM »
I was able to get the ROMs, but not the audio CD's.  For Sonic, the main page points to a forum for the audio, but in that thread, the CD link is dead:

Also, in your Wolf3D post, you link to a page with audio files, but they're all in .wlf format, not OGG.  Are there any links to the CD .iso's?

Well, since the page with the example Sonic 1 CD is down, you'll need to mke your own using the tracklist on the info page. As to the Wolf3D music, the ogg files are in the listen buttons - when you click listen for the track, it loads the ogg file and start playing it, but also gives a download link.

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2013, 07:35:25 PM »
Well, since the page with the example Sonic 1 CD is down, you'll need to mke your own using the tracklist on the info page. As to the Wolf3D music, the ogg files are in the listen buttons - when you click listen for the track, it loads the ogg file and start playing it, but also gives a download link.

Okay, I got it working...and the music plays fine from the CD. 

So, is there anything else I can try to launch Sega CD from the ROM cart?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2013, 10:38:07 PM »
Okay, I got it working...and the music plays fine from the CD. 

So, is there anything else I can try to launch Sega CD from the ROM cart?

If CD Mode 1 works, then the CD is working at the same time as the flash as long as it is in CART mode. That it fails in CD BIOS/BRAM mode seems to indicate the CART mode line can't be changed by the flash cart. That would probably be a flaw in the cart. I'd get it checked/replaced.

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 06:43:03 PM »
Thank you for your help!

Offline robneal81

• NEO newbie
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2013, 07:18:16 PM »
That would probably be a flaw in the cart. I'd get it checked/replaced.

I'm sorry to bother you again Chilly, but sales@ic2005.com is refusing to return the MD Myth.  They keep saying "wait for Chilly Willy's reply", but you already DID reply and tell me to get it checked.  Is there any way you can respond to this again and maybe they'll finally allow me to return it?

Once again, I'm really sorry to bother you.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2013, 06:06:23 AM »
Dr.neo messaged me about it, so I'll tell him it would be best to replace it. There's not really any more testing we can do over the internet.
 ???