Author Topic: rakuga kids all rom not work on menu 2.2  (Read 6115 times)

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
rakuga kids all rom not work on menu 2.2
« on: April 22, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
hello :)

i tried all rom RAKUGA KIDS (  jap or ntsc or pal ) on the myth menu 2.2 and not working black screen ( bad compatibility on menu 2.2 ? )
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:25:12 PM by bidou670 »

Offline ploek

• NEO newbie
Re: rakuga kids all rom not work on menu 2.2
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 07:50:44 PM »
there is no us version of the rom, only jap and eur. the wuropean version is working fine - i personally tested it.

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 08:48:42 PM »
there is no us version of the rom, only jap and eur. the wuropean version is working fine - i personally tested it.

you have tested with menu 2.2 ? because not work on menu 2.2 mate !!!! rakuga kids work fine on 1.9.1 menu but no on the 2.2 ( its a problem with 2.2 menu i think its sure  ) because working fine on 1.9.1  !

ps: the futur 64drive its fast load rom and  its better compatibility i think ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:52:49 PM by bidou670 »

Offline sanni

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
Temporary fix:

1) Start Rakuga Kids with the B-Button on your N64 controller, not the A-Button like you normally would do
2) At the blackscreen after the loading is done press the RESET-Button on the N64 console, the game should start now.

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:16:04 PM »
Temporary fix:

1) Start Rakuga Kids with the B-Button on your N64 controller, not the A-Button like you normally would do
2) At the blackscreen after the loading is done press the RESET-Button on the N64 console, the game should start now.

wow thanks sanni work fine with your method ;) fixed on another release in futur ?

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »
Temporary fix:

Good job with testing as usual  8)
Seems like the game doesn't like something in the new pif boot simulator  >:(

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 05:12:06 AM »
Good job with testing as usual  8)
Seems like the game doesn't like something in the new pif boot simulator  >:(

No, nothing has changed in the pif boot since we fixed the issue with ram expansion a LOOOOOOOOOONG time back. It's something else... what, I have no idea. There have been basically two changes since 1.9.x - speed ups by conle on loading, and updated sprites to the latest libdragon by me. I don't see anything in the logs that would affect this.  ~sm-68.gif~.gif

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 03:26:39 PM »
Yeah , you're absolutely right , i compared both versions and there is no difference in the pif boot simulator.
This looks like its not going to be that easy to figure out the issue.

By the way , i don't think that the new SD reading code causes issues , otherwise the reset to game wouldn't work aswell.  ::sm-16.gif::

Offline mastas

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 11:35:33 AM »
thats strange i tried both games jap and eur and non of them had this issue. i have zelda oot plugged it the back of mine with a top nach PNY 8gb SD card. the pal version keeps flipping but the jap verson is un readable to me.

Offline sanni

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 03:27:28 PM »
Which menu version do you use and is your console pal or ntsc?

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 11:13:36 AM »
Just an update - I've got Rakuga Kids and a few others that also quit working until you rebooted the N64 working fine now. The next update will have the fix along with a preliminary version of the Save Manager.
 :D

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 03:08:51 AM »

with menu 2.2  Super Robot Spirits (J) [!] not work ? Black screen ? any idea ? Thanks :)

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 04:45:04 AM »

with menu 2.2  Super Robot Spirits (J) [!] not work ? Black screen ? any idea ? Thanks :)

Same as the others... needs to be reset to run on 2.2. It runs fine on 2.3... speaking of which -

NeoN64Menu-2.3b1.7z

Here's the current v2.3 beta 1. This has the fixes for games that need to be reset to run... they should now run fine. The primary thing that makes this a beta is the built in save manager. Note that this archive comes with the code... the code is NOT in the repo as it's very preliminary. The save manager really changes things and might/probably will be changed drastically before it goes into the repo.

While browsing the SD card, press the left shoulder trigger to activate the save manager. You'll see several selections on the screen - the first several are methods to save the save memory of the cart plugged into the Myth. You have to know which one to use as I can't currently ID the cart plugged into the Myth. You can find a list of save memory types here:

http://www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_faq.html#s1

High-light the save memory type and press A to save to SD card, or B to load from SD card. Below the save types is a list of saves on the currently selected mempak. Press the left or right shoulder triggers to change the mempak selected. Eventually you will be able to save individual files on the mempak, but at the moment you can only save/load the entire mempak. High-light the "Raw MemPak" option and press A to save the entire mempak to SD, or press B to load the entire mempak from SD. Note - loading from SD currently only works with the raw mempak, not any of the save memory types on the cart. You can only save those right now.

Selecting load for the save memory or mempak will display the file requester so that you can select the file to load. Selecting save will bring up the on-screen keyboard (OSK). The OSK shows the default name along with the current cursor position. Below that is the virtual keyboard. To enter a key, press a direction on the dpad and six characters will be hilited. These are mapped directly to A and B as well as the C pad buttons. Think of them as two rows of three buttons. Pressing the button will cause the corresponding character to overwrite the character at the cursor position. The right shoulder trigger acts as a shift key - hold it down to get the shifted characters on the virtual keyboard.

While you are NOT pressing the dpad, the buttons take on the following meaning:
A = ENTER (accept current string shown)
B = ESCAPE (cancel string input)
C-LEFT = move cursor left
C-RIGHT = move cursor right
C-UP = DELETE (delete the character to the left of the cursor)
C-DOWN = SPACE (add a space at the current cursor position)

Press START to return to the game browser.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 04:48:40 AM by ChillyWilly »

Offline bidou670

• NEO newbie
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 05:13:17 AM »

how to put the directory folder NeoN64Menu include in the release NeoN64Menu-2.3b1 ? ? on the root of SD card ?? and otherwise why  choose on SD card  ? the NEON64SD.v64 or NEON64SD.Z64???

thanks for the infos :)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:18:38 AM by bidou670 »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 12:37:44 PM »
how to put the directory folder NeoN64Menu include in the release NeoN64Menu-2.3b1 ? ? on the root of SD card ?? and otherwise why  choose on SD card  ? the NEON64SD.v64 or NEON64SD.Z64???

thanks for the infos :)

You don't need to do anything with the folder... that's just the source code. If you're using an older version of the menu in flash, put NEON64SD.v64 in the /menu/n64/ directory, and if on a newer menu in flash, put NEON64SD.z64 in there. If you prefer to use the flash, burn NEON64.v64 to the Myth flash, or NEON64MF.v64 to the GBA menu flash.