Author Topic: N64 Myth with white 512M flash cart No files showing in menu CPLD V0 Cart HELP  (Read 9108 times)

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
I just got a N64 Myth white 512M cart. I do believe it a older version possibly first release brand new in package. I downloaded Neo2 Pro Manager V1.3.  I formatted the 512M card then loaded Mario Golf (U) [!].z64. CIC 6102 File loads onto cart ans software can see it but once I put it into N64 no files show up in menu. I inserted Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics 6102CIC into back of the myth cart and the Neo menu loads on N64 but it shows no files. I am new to this so please go easy on me but I have MANY MANY other flash carts (V64jr512, CD64, and V64) and copier/dev systems for many consoles. What am I doing wrong? Im using WINXP SP3. What format does the neo myth 64 like files to be in?? In menu it says CPLD V0 Cart
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 12:17:28 PM by Flashlife »

Offline sanni

Update your Neo2 Pro Manager to the latest version: Neo2 Pro Manager V1.30 or try an older version like 1.09. Some people have better results with the first others with the last mentioned.

Update your menu to NeoN64Menu-v2.6b2

Burn the game again like this:

Link the BIOS Path A-2 to the NEON64.v64 you downloaded in the menu update.
You can also link BIOS Path A-1 to NEON64MF.v64 from the same download.

When you are in the n64 menu verify it actually says thats it's v2.6.

If it still doesn't work then it may be related to the CPLD V0. I'm not sure. You can update the CPLD with this file the Neo N64 Myth cart firmware v6.0+ released.
But you will need a Nero Dual Programmer to update the CPLD.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 05:44:29 PM by sanni »

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
OK, This is what the GUI/Menu looks like after loading Mario Golf

How do I upgrade NEON64.V64 and NEON64MF.V64? This is harder than a V64jr that has no GUI/menu system.  :-[
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:50:37 PM by Flashlife »

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
I have the SD adapter Neo Pro2 on the way but I will get the CPLD 2 in 1 programmer to upgrade the CPLD if needed. How do I upgrade to NeoN64Menu-v2.6b??? When I open that file its just some files with .v64 file extension. Neo2 Pro Manager v1.30 recognizes/see the myth cart and loads files to it. Seems like its working just once I put it in the N64 it looks like the pic I embedded in my previous post. I also got the SFC/SNES NEO Myth brand new but I havent even messed with that yet. It also has white 256M cart
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:01:45 AM by Flashlife »

Offline sanni

You flashed the menu ok.  :)
But it seems like it doesn't find your Neo2 cart.  :P

See below where it says CART:0x00000000 in your screen it actually gives a real id in my screen.

Check that the connection between the little white Neo2 cart and the Neo N64 Myth is ok.
On my Neo2 I have a small piece of paper between the plastik shell and the pcb.
This pressed the contacts against the Neo Myth to make a good connection.

Or you could remove the little white Neo2 cart and plug it back into the Neo Myth but this time don't push it aaaaall the way down, just enough for it to make good contact. See if that helps.

Offline Koyuki

• NEO newbie
I also had difficulties at first. I read several posts until you get it to work properly. What I basically had to do:

-use version 1.09 of the Neo2 Manger
-using version of the menu 2.6b1
-use the MicroSD card with SD Adapter SanDisk (yes, he did not recognize other brands)
-I had to blow the contacts before fitting the NEO MYTH (careful with this process. You better use a brush)
- Format and then burn the menus.

Good luck!!  ~sm-55.gif~.gif

Offline dvd2vcd

• retro gaming enthusiast
hey flashlife, how are you connecting the device to your pc? the slim loader is garbage, i use the actual myth cart itself, i use v1.30 of the pc client (earier versions had problems flashing the files in the correct order) and menu v2.5, give that setup a go it worked for me, gd luck..
please make a atari jaguar flash cart!!!!!!!

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
I connect my N64 Myth cart directly to my PC. I can load games into now but just cant use the SD/SDHC card.   >:( I need to update my N64 Myth CPLD to use the SD feature. In order to do this I need the "Nero Dual Programmer" from what I understand. My N64 Myth cart has CPLD V0 and needs to be updated to use SD card from what Im being told. My cart was a Beta tester cart sent out to RGB Gamer and he never updated the CPLD.  He sent me the Nero Dual Programmer (In a trade) but he cant find the cables so im stuck loading games onto the NEO 2 cart. ANYONE wanting to sell their Nero Dual Programmer?? Since you only really need the Nero Dual Programmer once if you bought your N64 Myth cart early when it was released and needed Nero Dual Programmer to upgrade the CPLD, I'd really like to be able to use this thing to its full capacity.  ::sm-03::

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
As stated above I can load games and play them fine on my N64 Myth but I just want to use the SD/SDHC feature. Conkers Bad Fur Day takes up full NEO2 but I cant save in the game. I can load to games into the NEO2 cart but I just have to use the switch on cart to go between them. I want to used the SD cart so im not constanly loading files onto this thing. I just want to put a bunch on the SD/SDHC card and be done with it and play everything. As I stated before.... ANYONE want to sell their Nero Dual Programmer????

Sektor

He sent me the Nero Dual Programmer (In a trade) but he cant find the cables so im stuck loading games onto the NEO 2 cart. ANYONE wanting to sell their Nero Dual Programmer??
If you already have the programmer, just buy the cable. If you search ebay for 8 pin FPC cable, you can get a pack of 5 for $1.80.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:21:24 AM by Sektor »

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
If you already have the programmer, just buy the cable. If you search ebay for 8 pin FPC cable, you can get a pack of 5 for $1.80.

THANK YOU for your help!! ~sm-78.gif~.gif I just need to find programmer now.   I recently moved but I know I didn't throw that programmer away. Thanks again. I sold my V64jr 512M, and CD64  so I feel im in the same boat without this CPLD update. I didnt realize the cables were a normal 8 pin FPC cable because I never saw the originals. I have the NEO SNES Myth cart too that I think im going to have to update as well but I havent used that cart yet. I havent tried using it as I have many many classic SNES backup units as well as Gen/MD, GB/GBA, and 3DS devices as well.

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
OK I cant find the NERO programmer now but I didnt have the cables anyways.  :'( So now I need to buy a new NERO DUEL 2 in 1 PROGRAMMER.  :( Since I have a first version CPLD v0 N64 myth cart and if I upgrade it to latest firmware will I be able to run ALL games and store/backup save files? The NERO DUEL 2 in 1 PROGRMMER is 50.00usd which is half way to the cost of ED64 and supports all N64 files out of the box. I just dont want to to order this NERO DUEL 2 in 1 programmer and still not be able to play and save in Zelda OOT Conkers, Pokemon, and not be able to use the SD card.  >:( I have the NEO 2 512M but I can load a 128M and a 256M game but Only the 256M game will work but I cant save

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
you can buy the NDP here: http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=98&cat=0&featured=Y

after you upgrade to CPLD v7,you will get more function and more stable with n64 myth cart.
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
if you lives in Australia
i can post you a spare cable free
you shouldnt need to buy a programmer
just to get the little 20c cable

Offline Flashlife

• NEO newbie
you can buy the NDP here: http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=98&cat=0&featured=Y

after you upgrade to CPLD v7,you will get more function and more stable with n64 myth cart.
Dr. NEO,
 Can I send in both my N64 Myth and SNES Myth carts for full upgrade by NEO Team?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 08:40:22 PM by Flashlife »