Author Topic: NeoMyth 64 Help  (Read 4732 times)

Offline RMB1994

• NEO newbie
NeoMyth 64 Help
« on: May 02, 2013, 02:44:00 PM »
I belive I've followed the instruction correctly from the video and I stuck a N64 Rom on my SD card and then the SD card into the Neo Myth's GBA cartridge thing. Then I pop my real N64 Mario Kart game into the back of the Neo Myth. Put the Neo Myth into the 64 turned it on and nothing happens? Any ideas?

Sektor

Re: NeoMyth 64 Help
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 02:54:18 PM »
Update/flash the latest N64 Myth menu using the PC software. Clean the connectors.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 09:59:52 AM »
You should get the software from here: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6228.0.html

The menu there isn't quite the latest... I've been doing a few later betas with folks testing things, but it's new enough to get you going. The menu is constantly updated, but once you've got a (reasonably) new menu written to the N64 Myth then you can load newer ones off the SD card. The menu is designed to check the SD card for the menu file, then load it in place of the menu in the Myth, but you have to have the menu in the Myth FIRST so that the N64 has something to boot.

Once you've got the menu written to the cart, then you can worry about the cart on the pass through. Note that some carts use more power on the pass through than others. That can affect how long the Myth keeps saves with the power off. To avoid losing save data, we recommend reseting back to the menu before you turn off the N64. Booting the menu after a game is when the save ram is saved to the SD card, but if you leave the N64 off after a game for too long, the cart on the back of the Myth will drain the power and the save ram will be empty the next time you turn it on and it goes to save the ram to the SD.

Offline RMB1994

• NEO newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 01:43:59 PM »
Okay thankyou very much I've got it all going :D

Offline sanni

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
Could you please tell us why it didn't work the first time?
I'm collecting these kind of 1st time user experiences for my F.A.Q.  :)

Offline cr121684

• NEO newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
I was just wondering how close the cheat system is to completion on the n64 neomyth.

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2013, 08:35:22 AM »
I was just wondering how close the cheat system is to completion on the n64 neomyth.

v2.6beta of the menu has the first version of the cheat system. It works fine on some cheats, and not at all on others - you'll just have to try it and see. I'm working on an update.

Anywho, read at least the opening post on the v2.6beta thread: http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,7430.0.html

That describes the current cheat support as well as giving the emulator for running GameGear games from the menu (also added in 2.6b).

Offline slothette64

• N64-head
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2013, 10:29:08 AM »
great to know support is still being developed here!!  ~sm-55.gif~.gif

any way someone like myself can get involved in testing alpha/beta progress??
id be happy to help becuz i use neomyth a lot and understand the risks involved

Offline ChillyWilly

• Global Moderator
  • Just a coding machine.
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2013, 03:09:06 AM »
I normally post betas to the N64 Development forum. That's a sub-forum of this forum. When I have a beta that I don't post, it usually has a problem I already know about that I'm consulting with the other devs and Dr.neo via PM or email about said problem.