The 13th. NEO Project for NDS Super Memory Stick (SMS) > The 13th. NEO Project for NDS Super Memory Stick (SMS)

Can't open software or access SMS

(1/3) > >>

TheDawg:
I'm having problems.  When I plug the stick in, windows says it recognizes it but then it doesn't show in "my computer."  I downloaded the latest software from the main thread, but an error message pops up when I try to use the program: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file.  You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

What do I do??  Please help! ???

TheDawg:
Oh, come on...somebody?  Dr. Neo? ~sm-66.gif~.gif

ChillyWilly:
It shouldn't show in "my computer" as it's not a storage device. It's an interface that with the proper software, can read NDS carts. You have to install the drivers and the client software, then inside the client you'll be able to save the cart.

TheDawg:

--- Quote from: ChillyWilly on April 22, 2011, 11:07:32 AM ---It shouldn't show in "my computer" as it's not a storage device. It's an interface that with the proper software, can read NDS carts. You have to install the drivers and the client software, then inside the client you'll be able to save the cart.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Willy.  I downloaded the software from this link: http://www.neoflash.com/download/SMS/NEO_NDS_SMS2_Backup_Master_V1.18.rar

Is that not the right file?  Is there a different set of files/drivers I need to install!

Thanks in advance for your help!!

ChillyWilly:
I think that's the latest official release. If you noticed, there's a newer test version for people looking to try to dump 3DS carts.

If you're using a "new" version of Windows (Vista or 7) you should be running the program in Administrator mode so it can access the hardware USB connection. W7 64-bit is particularly a pain with the various NeoFlash programs. Many people using W7-64 run XP in vmware just for the NeoFlash software. Personally, I put WXP-Pro on an old laptop for running NeoFlash stuff.

As part of the installation, it should have installed some USB drivers. You then need to reboot the system to use them. Plugging in the adapter the first time should then trigger the system to link the device with the drivers. I'm not sure how Vista or W7 does that as I never bothered to get either. When you run the software, it should then show some info on the device and cart in the top as shown in the picture in the thread where you downloaded the program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version