The 13th. NEO Project for NDS Super Memory Stick (SMS) > The 13th. NEO Project for NDS Super Memory Stick (SMS)

Can't open software or access SMS

<< < (3/3)

Conle:

--- Quote from: TheDawg on May 03, 2011, 11:23:31 AM ---SMS2 super memory stick for NDSI NDSL.  But I wonder if that's the problem.  The software doesn't seem to want to install properly.  I'm running a windows laptop with XP.  Any reason why it shouldn't run?  Are the files I listed above all the files that should appear?  I'm soooooo bummed out. :'(

--- End quote ---

I don't have this product , but hope this helps :

1.Download THIS : http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6116.0;attach=2440
2.Extract the contents of the archive to some place on your X:\ hdd drive
3.Run the executable

Step #2 should fix the error that you reported ("Windows cannot access teh specified device, path, or file.  You may not have teh appropriate permissions to access them.")

Since probably the path that you have extracted the application may contain wide character set.

Edit:
Another thing , if this doesn't work , then its definitely an issue with wide character set.
Probably the application is fetching the language settings of your OS and looks for that particular file in the language directory and because of bad handling(no conversion) it can't open the file.

So , another thing to try is to change the language of your OS...

TheDawg:

--- Quote from: Conle on May 03, 2011, 05:43:52 PM ---
I don't have this product , but hope this helps :

1.Download THIS : http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6116.0;attach=2440
2.Extract the contents of the archive to some place on your X:\ hdd drive
3.Run the executable

Step #2 should fix the error that you reported ("Windows cannot access teh specified device, path, or file.  You may not have teh appropriate permissions to access them.")

Since probably the path that you have extracted the application may contain wide character set.

Edit:
Another thing , if this doesn't work , then its definitely an issue with wide character set.
Probably the application is fetching the language settings of your OS and looks for that particular file in the language directory and because of bad handling(no conversion) it can't open the file.

So , another thing to try is to change the language of your OS...

--- End quote ---

It worked!!  Thank you so much for your help!  i do have one more smaller issue though.  I have a card that I bought with a bunch of games on it.  I wanted to put one at a time on an SD card, rather than giver them all to my daughter at the same time. But the backup and dump features seem to only want to copy the entire contents of teh card to a single .sav file.  is there any way to back up each game on this card individually so I can do that?  Or am I stuck?

thedawg2:
Connie, your advice has been very helpful.  software has worked great.  but lately I've come across a few games that the program doesn't seem to recognize.  Latest is Pokemon White.  Pokemon Black worked fine a few months ago, so I'm confused.  Is it possible that White has an additional level of copywright protection?  or that my sms2 backup master stick is faulty?  Do I need to re-load software?  Or is this just a quirk that some games won't be recognized?  Thanks!!

Conle:

--- Quote from: thedawg2 on January 11, 2012, 11:53:53 AM --- lately I've come across a few games that the program doesn't seem to recognize. 

--- End quote ---

You'll have to list all those non supported games and make a complete bug report so that they'll be supported in the near feature.

There is no other option , unfortunately.

GregoryMSewell:
You should take help from the online sources for this as I take. Like nowadays I am using the affordablepapers services for my work. BTW, I need some software ideas about the work of my external work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version