NEO Team's Project for SEGA MK3/MD5/32X > MD development section

NeoMythMenuDX-v2.8

(1/2) > >>

ChillyWilly:
Here's the current menu for the MD 3-in-1 Myth. This version features fast SD card recognition - if you don't have an SD card (or using a flash cart without the SD interface), it detects this very fast, so the menu goes to the flash browser almost instantly.

This version also works around a bug in the Neo2 Manager - under some circumstances, the manager doesn't set the run mode correctly when burning games to the flash. The menu will derive a proper run mode in these cases. This mainly affected MD and SMS games with save ram.

keropi:
it's an awesome update, thanks ChillyWilly !!!  ~sm-78.gif~.gif

joyeux:
Great work, thank you very much, Chili! All the sram issues are gone, the Save Ram manager now works flawlessly!

Found a possible bug: can't start Sega CD in BRAM mode with SCD_SRAM.bin. Tried CDx and the Sega CD II models, both didn't boot. I noted the Run Mode is: 0x1 - Type MD. Tried burning the ROM by the Myth  Programmer and by Madmonkey's programmer.

ChillyWilly:

--- Quote from: joyeux on May 29, 2012, 07:28:57 AM ---Great work, thank you very much, Chili! All the sram issues are gone, the Save Ram manager now works flawlessly!

Found a possible bug: can't start Sega CD in BRAM mode with SCD_SRAM.bin. Tried CDx and the Sega CD II models, both didn't boot. I noted the Run Mode is: 0x1 - Type MD. Tried burning the ROM by the Myth  Programmer and by Madmonkey's programmer.

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's the wrong mode. I may consider ignoring the run mode in the flash altogether - it seems like there's many instances where it's wrong. I'll fix the SCD issue in the next update. That will probably be next weekend to give some time for more bugs to be noticed.

joyeux:
Don't know if this is a bug, but I can't successfully test the psram. Please see attachment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version