Author Topic: Y not make a harddrive SNES Copier ?  (Read 18467 times)

Offline cobra

Y not make a harddrive SNES Copier ?
« on: August 21, 2007, 10:47:32 PM »
I've wanted a better SNES Add-on for years
i've got a Super WIld Card DX 32m

i like the idear of a SNES flash card BUT i'd like sommet i can keep all my SNES
software on' good snes has over 3500 ROM's on it and it's over 3GB compressed (zip ace & rar) uncompressed it's going to be about 7-8GB

Y not make sommet like the Super WIld Card DX BUT not using a floppy drive
use a laptop hard drive / laptop DRAM and a Li-Ion rechargeable battery
for the SRAM and USB so a PC can see it as a mass storage device.

if you made it you can sell two types

the full kit (runs out the box)
the enclosure kit (no laptop DRAM or laptop hard Drive the user has to put
them in)

what do you all think of this idear good or bad.

Offline Eyedunno

Re: Y not make a harddrive SNES Copier ?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
A hard drive is bulky and cumbersome, and would probably require external power.  I would prefer that the cart have SD capabilities.  Think about it, regular SD cards go up to 4 gigs, so two of 'em would be enough even for you (and if it were SDHC, one would be enough).  Getting half of the games ever released onto one SD card still beats the heck out of having to use 1-5 floppies for EACH game.

And I can't imagine you actually intend to play all of those games (I'm betting 90% of them are ****).  Just get the 1 gigabit cart and put the games you really want to play on it.

Offline RGB_Gamer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:53:04 AM »
A hard drive is bulky and cumbersome, and would probably require external power.  I would prefer that the cart have SD capabilities.  Think about it, regular SD cards go up to 4 gigs, so two of 'em would be enough even for you (and if it were SDHC, one would be enough).  Getting half of the games ever released onto one SD card still beats the heck out of having to use 1-5 floppies for EACH game.

And I can't imagine you actually intend to play all of those games (I'm betting 90% of them are ****).  Just get the 1 gigabit cart and put the games you really want to play on it.

A super wildcard dx2 + disk dual (external case that houses a CD-ROM drive and hard drive) is still availible from FFE.

Offline Emperor Udan

• Emperor Udan Website (Fr)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 11:04:10 PM »
And you can do like me, replace the hard drive of your disk dual by a compact flash adaptator.
And it's working.
Just to solder all the things up and it's done.
I even replace the floppy bay by a compact flash reader ;)

Emperorudan.free.fr

Offline RGB_Gamer

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 11:09:53 PM »
And you can do like me, replace the hard drive of your disk dual by a compact flash adaptator.
And it's working.
Just to solder all the things up and it's done.
I even replace the floppy bay by a compact flash reader ;)

Emperorudan.free.fr

do you have a picture of your setup?

Offline Emperor Udan

• Emperor Udan Website (Fr)
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 01:27:54 AM »
Yes but not complete, I must solder inside the Wildcard the diskdual pcb and the compact flash pcb.
Here is the things working:
As you can see, the power for the compact flash is taken from the power of the floppy drive.
I'm not very pro with quality soldering, so I wait for somebody in my country to help me.

Offline spinal

• Coder of DSision
  • Neo MOD
    • spinalcode
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 01:40:51 AM »
I have to agree, a hard drive is a ridiculous idea, they are expensive and power hungry. I don't know how this card works, but if it uses SD cards, that's a 2gb limit, you can fit a whole lot of snes games in 2gb. That's not ruling out HCSD, which has an upper limit of 32gb, which is more than enough space for every single game uncompressed. They take far less power than a hard drive and runs on about 3.5v so it can be used by a whole bunch of hardware, even hand held devices.

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 12:17:09 AM »
There even are some 4GB SD cards that ar not SDHC bot the old SD, don't know if the neo2 supports that though.
O hai

Offline amptor

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 04:15:59 AM »
That disk dual is overpriced, there is no way it cost FFE over $100 to purchase it from the original manufacturer.  I remember seeing stuff like that at computer shows back in the 90's and they were cheap, nobody was buying them.  The controller card alone a few years ago cost about 20 bucks from the manufacturer, the rest is just plastic.

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
    • High Rated Trash Can Blog
Awesome Small Business Info
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2022, 02:18:07 AM »
In response to the man talking about business strategy template, how to register a taxi association, columbia business school known for, international business level strategy definition, small business italian restaurants near me, business strategy meaning in marathi,  I highly recommend this useful business reading list link or small business insurance requirements, harvard business school reading list 2020, help for small business owners uk, business planning template ppt, hr business strategy examples, small business quotes for instagram, on top of this great business reading list blog and don't forget what is business strategy game, business strategy game login, top 5 business books, do i need an accountant for my small business uk, how to write a business plan template pdf, what is the business strategy of google, alongside all this top small business owners forum which is also great. Also have a look at this awesome small business owners details and don't forget strategy books for beginners, most profitable small business in uk, best small business in the philippines 2020, how much does a business strategist make, inspirational small business quotes, top business strategy books, alongside all this recommended business reading list advice on top of what are the successful small businesses in the philippines today, what is the importance of small and medium enterprises, accountants for small business owners near me, best business books reading list, karnataka small and medium business owners association, business strategy examples for manufacturing, and don't forget recommended business strategy forum which is also worth a look. I also suggest this top business reading list link not to mention business strategy 2 game guide, business strategy definition google scholar, best small business to start at home in the philippines, can my small business pay for my health insurance, business level cooperative strategy examples, small business characteristics, and don't forget this cool small business owners tips not to mention harvard business reading list, what are good entry level jobs for business majors, business strategy template excel, business budget planning template excel, business strategy courses free, business level strategy simple meaning, on top of useful business reading list blog which is also great. Finally, have a look at this awesome business strategy tips for good measure. Check more Updated Web Slot Details c6bab26

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
New Business Reading List Link
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2022, 11:15:31 AM »
In reply to the lady asking about harvard business school required reading list, ucl law reading list, caribbean business book of list 2020, business reading list 2021, business management degree reading list, caribbean business book of lists 2020 pdf,  I highly recommend this top business reading list blog or harvard business school online mba fees, what should my child be reading at 5, harvard business school recommended reading list, top 10 business books to read in 2020, best books to read for business analyst, top 10 business books to read, not to mention this high rated business reading list forum and don't forget harvard business school reading list, business reading list 2022, good business reading books, warwick business school reading list, harvard business school reading list 2020, what are examples of business analytics, as well as this best business reading list advice which is also great. Also have a look at this new business reading list advice as well as best book to learn data analytics, book of business meaning example, harvard business school reading list 2020, business book list 2020, harvard business school reading list, business studies class 12 book price, on top of this recommended business reading list blog as well as top 10 business books to read in 2022, harvard business reading list, business studies class 12 book price, harvard mba reading list 2020, what are examples of business intelligence tools, top business books reading, on top of excellent business reading list info which is also worth a look. I also suggest this top rated business reading list details alongside all harvard business school book list, harvard reading list 2020, book of business review, business book list 2020, most read business books, corporate strategy reading list, alongside all this awesome business reading list details on top of best books for business management degree, how many books do harvard students read, business management degree reading list, columbia business school book list, business management degree university rankings, harvard freshman reading list 2020, alongside all updated business reading list site which is also great. Finally, have a look at this recommended business reading list link for good measure. Check more Top Business Reading List Details b266964

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
Updated Kriya Yoga Meditation Site
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2022, 07:58:55 AM »
In response to the lady inquiring about best kriya yoga teacher, lahiri mahasaya ashram, kriya yoga kundalini pdf, kundalini yoga patanjali, mahavatar babaji, swami satyananda saraswati quotes,  I highly recommend this top rated kriya yoga meditation url or clases de kundalini yoga en madrid, kriya yoga como practicar, Swami Sri yukteshwar, la esencia del kriya yoga, iniciacion kriya yoga españa, clases de kriya yoga, as well as this awesome kriya yoga meditation link alongside all musica kundalini yoga para bailar, ejercicios de kundalini yoga pdf, meditacion kundalini yoga para dormir, iniciacion kriya yoga españa, escuela de kundalini yoga, kriya yoga asanas, not to mention this recommended kriya yoga meditation url which is also great. Also have a look at this great kriya yoga meditation url and don't forget kriya yoga que es, mahavatar babaji quotes, kriya yoga iniciacion, kriya yoga pdf yogananda, centros yoga cerca de mi, kundalini yoga libros pdf, and don't forget this top kriya yoga meditation link as well as kriya yoga libro, lecciones de kriya yoga pdf, babaji maharaj pandit, swami satyananda saraswati pdf, kriya yoga book in telugu, meditacion kundalini yoga para el aura, alongside all useful kriya yoga meditation advice which is also worth a look. I also recommend this excellent kriya yoga meditation link and don't forget tantra kriya yoga pdf, tantra kriya yoga, lahiri mahasaya, babaji song, kriya yoga book by lahiri mahasaya, kundalini yoga libros gratis, not to mention this great kriya yoga meditation advice not to mention manual de kriya yoga yogananda pdf, mahavatar babaji images, srf kriya yoga, kundalini yoga youtube gurmukh, lahiri mahasaya books pdf, meditation ganpati kriya, alongside all useful kriya yoga meditation blog which is also great. Finally, have a look at this great kriya yoga meditation blog for good measure. Check more Recommended Kriya Yoga Meditation Info 6bab266

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
High Rated Injury Attorney Details
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2022, 07:49:14 AM »
To the lady asking about rutter mills law firm, providence injury lawyer, required insurance for financed car, finance & insurance, principal financial group insurance, personal injury lawyer long island,  I highly recommend this top rated injury attorney forum or personal injury accident lawyer near me, manhattan injury attorney, morgan and morgan law firm near me, auto injury attorney near me, seattle injury attorney, new port richey car accident attorney, alongside all this great injury attorney url and don't forget car accident lawyer long beach, bike accident lawyer near me, best personal injury lawyer brooklyn, best personal injury attorney near me, the personal injury lawyers, personal lawyers near me, alongside all this recommended injury attorney advice which is also great. Also have a look at this recommended accident attorney blog on top of providence personal injury lawyers, southfield semi truck accident lawyers, the best personal injury lawyer near me, fairfax personal injury lawyer, alabama injury lawyer, injury lawyer staten island, as well as this high rated accident lawyer blog on top of jc auto accident law firm, mesa personal injury attorney, the best personal injury lawyer near me, required insurance for financed car, car accident defense lawyer, local personal injury lawyers, alongside all top rated injury attorney site which is also worth a look. I also suggest this useful accident attorney info not to mention mesothelioma personal injury lawyers, loans life insurance, top rated injury lawyer, personal injury car accident attorney, san antonio injury lawyer, largest personal injury law firm, alongside all this updated injury attorney site and don't forget westlake financial gap insurance, personal injury attorneys in, accident and injury lawyers, new york injury attorney, georgia injury lawyer, geico finance, as well as excellent injury lawyer details which is also great. Finally, have a look at this top rated accident attorney details for good measure. Check more Recommended Acciden 69642dd

Offline FlamePamY

• NEO newbie
    • does grapefruit juice interact with doxycycline
can you take clomid after your period
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 03:25:13 AM »
clomid from india Is it advised to be used or not.

Offline FrankJScott

• NEO newbie
Top Workbench Advice
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 08:37:26 AM »
In response to the lady asking about craftsman 4 drawer workbench module, rolling work table harbor freight, workpro work bench, garage workbench on wheels, samurai carpenter workbench, diy workbench,  I highly recommend this top workbench item or workbench cabinet, simple workbench, melamine workbench, easy workbench, bora centipede workbench, garage table, on top of this recommended workbench deal not to mention rolling workbench harbor freight, work bench near me, cheap work benches for sale, seville classics 72 workbench, keter folding work table home depot, lie nielsen workbench, on top of this best workbench deal which is also great. Also have a look at this awesome workbench model alongside all metal workbench with drawers, duramax 72 rolling workbench, jewelers work bench, dewalt folding table, mark rober workbench, jewellers work bench, and don't forget this awesome workbench info and don't forget ryobi workbench, husky 4 ft workbench, husky workbench with drawers, toy workbench with tools, folding mobile workbench, workbench with power outlets, and don't forget new workbench item which is also worth a look. I also suggest this excellent workbench deal on top of home depot workbench with drawers, black and decker workmate 125 assembly, foldable workshop table, 6ft workbench, esd work bench, sam's club workbench, as well as this useful workbench product on top of best foldable workbench, wooden tool bench, carpenters bench, duramax work bench, racking workbench, carpenters workbench, alongside all useful workbench deal which is also great. Finally, have a look at this new workbench deal for good measure. Check more Top Trash Can Advice 1f7dfd4