NEO Team's Projects for the PSP > NEO-MS PSP Converter

How to Mod Neo 2in1 without 4gb short line

(1/2) > >>

thecoo1est:
This is how you mod a neo 2in1 that doesnt have the 4gb short line, in the photo below shows that you need to solder a piece of wire to make the connection from the processor to the top of the d14 jumper, line you board up as shown in the picture, you will need to solder the wire to the very last pin on the top right of the processor , then solder the other end to the top of the d14 jumper

angelbe:
Hi,

Is this can be confirmed please?
I've do the connection without solder to test but my CF was not recognized on 32gb only 4gb ...

Thank you in advance :)

thecoo1est:
well it will not work if you have everything hooked up and turned on, you need to make sure psp is off and that you mantain a good connection from power up, if your just touching it as you say, I would solder, dont try turning it on and after its on try touching a wire to see if it will work because it will not work that way

angelbe:

--- Quote from: thecoo1est on October 08, 2008, 12:49:10 PM ---well it will not work if you have everything hooked up and turned on, you need to make sure psp is off and that you mantain a good connection from power up, if your just touching it as you say, I would solder, dont try turning it on and after its on try touching a wire to see if it will work because it will not work that way

--- End quote ---

Hi thecoo1est,

In fact, when i've received my CF 32gb, i've put in the neo 2in1 and do a format of the CF (format give 4gb of course ...), after i've do the connection you've noticed but without solder, i've just do the connection with a small part of an electrical cable between the 2 points and maintain it with tape.

After power on the psp and do a reformat of the CF, it's always 4gb ... must i reformat the CF under windows to have the 32gb and then put again in psp for a reformat ?

I think CF is maybe blocked on 4gb now ... or when i re plug into psp and reformat psp must be give 32gb ?

For solder the pin of the CPU it's very dificult because is very very small ... it's for that reason i've do first a connection test without solder it ...

Thank's for your help ...
Have a nice day :)

angelbe:

--- Quote from: thecoo1est on October 08, 2008, 12:49:10 PM ---well it will not work if you have everything hooked up and turned on, you need to make sure psp is off and that you mantain a good connection from power up, if your just touching it as you say, I would solder, dont try turning it on and after its on try touching a wire to see if it will work because it will not work that way

--- End quote ---

Well Well,

I've do the solder you indicated but the neo flash recognize always the Compact Flash in 4gb not 32gb ...

Solder done from the last pin of the processor (free pin) top right to the top of the D14.

Another indication ? An Other idea ?

Thank you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version