Author Topic: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 1  (Read 70757 times)

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
Re: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 1
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2006, 02:45:39 PM »
The neo-key has very little writeable space, and no SRAM at all.  It's primarily used just to store the menu file....

So it's best to have a separate flashcart for storing/running roms and other homebrew.

Hey roger poco, you haven't gotten anything else to run on your neo-key besides the menu, is that right???

BruceG
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 02:49:39 PM by bruceg »

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2006, 03:00:41 PM »
anyone know if i can play aoe???? and can i flash a normal gba cart???

Haven't tried it.... and gba support won't be added until a later menu release

BruceG

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »
Ok, so how does one upgrade to the 0.6 B1 firmware via the SD card? I put it on the SD, I then select the NEO_MK2_3_Menu.nds, press the Y button, it says Flashing MK3 Press A to flash or B to cancel, so I hit A. and am presented with Skipping NDS padding
Flashing MK3
it shows a progress bar, but nothing appears to be happening.
I've also tried executing the NEO_MK2_3_Menu.nds menu file by booting it pressing the A button, and no luck.

I'm currently using MK3 512M + 1G with Menu 0.4a

You can't do it with menu .4 on the flashcart (since that version didn't support the menu flashing).  So basically just flash the new beta to your cart as usual....

So when the next menu release comes out, for example, you can copy the new menu file to the sd card, select it from the beta menu (and then it will let you know which button to press to flash it) -- not sure if it's 'A' or 'select' in this beta release

Right now, you are trying to flash to the mk3 internal memory by pressing 'y', so that's why it doesn't work....

BruceG
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 03:16:10 PM by bruceg »

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 04:39:21 PM »
Attached is a .gba cart version, tested working with F2A powerwriter compatible carts and EZ client compatible carts (DSBuild was used to make this version) - should work with any cart writer that does not modify the header.

Do not rename this to .nds and flash it to the MK3, use the official .nds version if you wish to do that.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:44:23 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline palyons

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 04:56:50 PM »
One more question if I may, also howcome for emulators on the ds, such as ColecoDS, MarcaDS, it only gives us the option to flash the emulator to the menu? What's the purpose of that?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 05:29:09 PM »
I posted a basic use guide and known bug list; links in the first post.

palyons: There is no purpose to it, some homebrew is mis-detected as a menu update. It is a known bug in recent builds and will be corrected.

vinnymac: its been first on the buglist for a while now. I was told it wouldnt be tough to fix but I havent seen it put in yet.

Do remember that it is a WIP/Beta version (not all known bugs were removed, but functionality is hopefully fairly solid)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 05:40:39 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 05:51:01 PM »
If I try to run homebrew like tetris.nds or nibbles.nds, then It says to press A to Boot.  I do this and just get 2 white screens.

If I select dslinux.nds in the menu, It says press A to flash to menu.
If I do this, then I get 2 white screens on the next boot, and every boot afterwards using the 0.6 menu.

I can now only use the MK2 with the 0.5 menu.

The files I'm using:
http://www.auby.no/files/ds/nibbles1.1.zip
http://www.auby.no/files/ds/tetris1.1.zip
http://kineox.free.fr/DS/dslinux.nds

It seems that dslinux doesnt want to run (some homebrew not running was a known problem, hopefully it will be fixed by the final release).

If you flash something to the menuflash, the 0.6B1 will try and run it. To override that hold ABXY down when booting the DS and it will run the menu from the GBA cart instead of trying to run what is in the menuflash.

Also, in 0.6 you should be able to flash any .nds to the menuflash so long as it fits (16Mbit or smaller), choose the .nds file and press Select to do so.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2006, 06:05:07 PM »
I was able to run the version of moonshell that works with MK2/3 from NeoKey, but I havent really tried anything else besides the menus.

Offline bfh99

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2006, 07:59:02 PM »
i got aoe running :-* :-* too bad i didnt really like it meh... im gonna try tony hawks

Offline d-loader

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2006, 08:25:08 PM »
i got aoe running :-* :-* too bad i didnt really like it meh... im gonna try tony hawks

last time I tried AOE, some of the grafics and the sound was very off.. it ran like **** .. have it change in 0.6b?  :-*

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2006, 08:48:41 PM »
All i can put on the key are menus.
Seems like i tried to get the Neo-Max loader(W/moonshell) running on it with 1.9(newest),and no luck.
I'll try again soon,though.If Cory says it will work,I'm sure it will.

!!-Just noticed A3.Maybe that'll help me. ;D
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 08:50:15 PM by rogerpoco »
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2006, 10:23:52 PM »
 :'( :'(
This didn't go so well for me.No matter what,it gets halfway(one full status bar)through the format,and says"catridge not found".
Tried SL3,SL4,neo-power kit installed and uninstalled on system,add moonshell,no add moonshell,insert cart before plugging in SL,and after,etc,etc,etc.

I've tried everything i can think of,still same error message.

Keep in mind i have a propensity for overlooking the obvious,so it may just be my issue.

At this point in development,I'd have to be pretty picky to complain,though.I still have saving"issues"occasionally.
Then again,i flip-flop stuff on my cards so much,it may be me......

I'll bet I smile fourteen extra times every day now.Maybe Twenty. :)

You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2006, 12:11:53 AM »
hahahahahahaha
Is this release's cause this?? ?? ??http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0c2b45fcc5b9fd022744a53f104cde93&topic=1856.0

Sorry dr.neo, you were too much slow, and now another company has made in very short time a device better than yours......

I dont think your products will be sold anymore.........but anyway I wish you good luck ;)

EDIT:
1. Can upgrade the neo-key from SD/MMC now,and don't need the SL4 anymore
2. Supports multi-ROMs from NEO cart and MK3 game flash
3. Improved save manager
4. Improved SD/MMC speed
5. Supports 16M menu flash
6. Improved SD/MMC FAT code

1. OK well done, when is neokey gonna be sold separately now?? ?
4+6. Does this mean the speed problem is solved, ARE GAMES ABLE TO RUN AT FULL SPEED?? ?? ?? ??
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:24:08 AM by macrocubic »

Offline d-loader

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2006, 01:52:01 AM »
macrocubic, we have yet to see that device in action.. so untill then, SHUT UP  :P

Offline macrocubic

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2006, 02:18:58 AM »
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

You must be a big A S S H O L E to say that. See it in action?? ?? It's made by a respectable scene company, and because it's very simple, wont have  any of problem neoflash does.

By the way that people say it's almost  finished: it wasnt supossed to be known yet (it was maxconsole fault), they had planned to make it public when it's finished, IN LESS THAN TWO MONTHS

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL ME TO SHUT UP?!?!?

I DONT KNOW THE REASON OF THAT COMMENT, BUT YOU CANT TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT

I ALWAYS SAY PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE LIKE THAT BECAUSED YOU HAD A BAD CHILDHOOD, WITH NO FRIENDS OR FREAK ONES, AND NOW YOU WRITE LIKE THAT TO GET A "FAKE HAPPYNESS".

An advice: GO TO THE PSYCHOLOGIST AND SHUT YOU UP!!!!!!!!!!