Author Topic: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2  (Read 69766 times)

Offline palyons

MagicKey 3 512M + 1G NEO-KEY issues.
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2006, 11:52:12 AM »
Ok, there's a slight problem here...
I can't test out this version of the Menu, because when I use NEO Power Kit 2.2 for Slim Loader 4 in NDS mode to burn the .nds menu file, it burns; however, the DS does not load the menu file, it just goes straight to white screens after showing the DS logo. I have tried burning Menu 0.4a again recently using the same SL4, and it worked, so the problem is not with the writer it would seem. Any suggestions?

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
Re: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2006, 12:14:52 PM »
It works fine for me with SL4 and the .nds version of the file on a XG and NeoMax flashcart. Just double checked, the gba file boots fine on the XG too.

Try holding ABXY while you are booting this menu from the flashcart (it will try to run the file from menuflash if anything was burned there, and these keys bypass that) - 0.4a did not use menuflash, 0.6 does and if what is in there is bad data it will still try and boot it under certain conditions. If it does boot then be sure to toss one of the more recent menu versions onto your SD/MMC and be sure to flash it to the menuflash.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 12:18:13 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline palyons

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2006, 12:22:46 PM »
Hmm, okay. It seems that the ABXY method does indeed work, still a bit annoying to have to load the menu that way on the NEO-KEY. Hopefully this is one glitch that is sorted out in 0.6 final.

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 12:29:05 PM »
As I said, update your menuflash with the current menu and it wont be a problem. Whatever you currently have flashed to the menuflash is either unlaunchable or corrupt.

You can also format the menuflash from the main menu.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline q_armando

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 02:23:11 PM »
since v0.6 of the menu i always have to press B, then A, then it detects my SD card, then i have to press A again too see te content of the card, which is nothing, then i press B to go back and A to show the contents again before i see the real content of the card, really annoying :/
Which type of SD card are you having problems with?

Quote from: q_armando
1-Do you really want to boot Space Invaders DS ? Press B or A.

And then automatically manage the save files,because we know that if we start a new game the old MK2save files will be lost.

If I press A, the software should backup the previous save file to the SD card, erase the MK2 file and load the new game Save if it exists .
If it did it that way how would you load any save file and still have it in memory before loading a .nds that doesnt belong to that file? (it is like that to support SMS, although I agree it is too many button presses)

This is not so clear.
Why would I want to load a save file and then load a different game ?
I mean If I want to start a game, I expect the menu to automatically load the correct save file for that specific game,and maybe backup the previous one; what's the use to keep a save file in memory if I wand to play a different game ?
Just a tought.....
Quote from: scrotor on January 05, 2006, 10:32:35 PM
"You are a dildohead......
......I had a few issues getting up and running, so ask away, I'll do my best to help you, even tho' you're being a @#$% cheap ass pirate.
"

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 02:37:08 PM »
So you can have multiple saves for the same game and not have to load only the default named one (ie: if it automatically erased and then loaded the default name one, how would you load the xx save that wasnt named right?).

I think writing directly to save files on the MM will come too, but currently you can only write the save from the menu using the starting rom method or the dummy MK2_SAVE file.

Added to the first post, someone at GBATemp mentioned a new flashme V7 was out, so I checked it. It can now boot menuflash directly without even needing a GBA cart inserted - if you update to this version of flashme, and boot your menu from the cart and then flash a menu from SD to the the menuflash, you will not need to boot with the cart any longer.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 02:41:28 PM by cory1492 »

Offline q_armando

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »
Great news!!!
I will check thet out right away!
......I had a few issues getting up and running, so ask away, I'll do my best to help you, even tho' you're being a @#$% cheap ass pirate.
"

Offline jay

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 03:41:43 PM »
Metroid Prime Hunters - USA
Tetris DS - USA
CAN'T LOAD  i think  beta3     en  `~~
i hope ~~~

Offline q_armando

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 03:55:03 PM »
It works!! It works!!!
Finally, I was able to update to flashme v7 and now it works like a charm!!
I can confirm that with flashme v7, the MK3 boots by itself, without a neokey or any GBA cart !!!(Provided that you burned the menu to the MK3 memory).

On the technical side:
I had flashme v6 and in order to update to v7 I had to short SL1 again.
I wasn't really expecting that, I mean after updating from v5 to v6 so easily, I didn't think I had to short sl1 again, and I was totally unprepared!!
I almost paniked a little, because the process stopped at 66%, and being carefull not to accidentally shoot it of, I had to remove the battery cover and then find a suitable metal object to do the trick, and I didn't even have a fully charged battery at the moment!!
Anyway I succeded and now my DS happily runs flashme v7 and the MK3 boots without any gba cart.

Thanks again to Cory for the hint about usind dsbuild to create a ds.gba version of flashme.nds, since it's the only format that can boot from my old F2A 256pro.
Now that I don't need that cart even to boot the MK3, and since the battery is long gone , what am I gonna do with it ?
Oh well, I still have a GB bridge somewhere to play some non-emulated GBC games!!

Thanks again.
Should I post my experience  somewhere else as well ?
Maybe I will...
"

Offline itavisen

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 07:59:04 PM »
This version is not working with Kingston 512MB SD-card. When I press A to mount it just doesnt work. It worked well on v.05 and v.03

Offline worstenbrood

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 09:02:48 PM »
This version is not working with Kingston 512MB SD-card. When I press A to mount it just doesnt work. It worked well on v.05 and v.03

try to press B several times then A, i have the same issue with an SanDisk 1 GB SD card

Offline d-loader

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2006, 12:40:06 AM »
Wack, Tetris didn't boot =/ .. I wanted to flash it to my GBA flashcard ( now that I don't need it for the neomenu anymore  :P ) .. but the ndspatcher wont do its job  ::sm-04:: ::)

most of all, I was looking foward to try Metroid though.. its gonna take forever for it to get released here  :'( *doesn't live in the US* .. bah, I'm gonna have to try link-sang then

Offline cbxracer

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »
SD Compatibility : 

Sandisk 32mb doesn't work.
Impact 256mb: Works (got them @ walmart for 19.99$ cnd)
Lexar 64 mb : Works

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2006, 04:37:28 AM »
i have a bug that age of empires couldn't be flashed to my neomax cart(type 12) on 512 mb while the game was 512 mb so now i used dslazy to make it smaller and now it can flash it. first with menu 0,4a i could always flas 512mbit games succesfully to my 512neomax cart and now i used menu 0.6b2
O hai

Offline Darkuser

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 01:02:02 AM »
I want to report a bug: when the Megaman battle network 5 .sav file is loaded it freezes ::sm-03::. Also when it does start and the save does load the save does not appear in the data and cannot be loaded ::sm-04::

Well thats the bug then, thanks for listening. I'm looking forward to the next menu.

Ok this just happened, i was flashing the menu to my mk3, then it freezes! now i cant do anything anymore!. What to do, what to do!? This bites... >:( :( ??? Maybe someone could make some thing for on the gba cart for these kind of situations. If there cant be done anything about getting the only for a part flashed menu off the menu...... then i cant do anything with my mk3 anymore and can it be declared broken. And then what...?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 02:05:56 AM by Darkuser »