Author Topic: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2  (Read 69765 times)

Offline q_armando

Re: Neoflash MK2/3 Menu V0.6 BETA 2
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 02:22:08 AM »

Ok this just happened, i was flashing the menu to my mk3, then it freezes! now i cant do anything anymore!. What to do, what to do!? This bites... >:( :( ??? Maybe someone could make some thing for on the gba cart for these kind of situations. If there cant be done anything about getting the only for a part flashed menu off the menu...... then i cant do anything with my mk3 anymore and can it be declared broken. And then what...?

Relax,
you should just burn the meny to your gba flashcart and then boot it from there bypassing the MK3 internal memory by pressing ABXY at start up.
Then you can format the MK internal memory and flash the menu there again.
Quote from: scrotor on January 05, 2006, 10:32:35 PM
"You are a dildohead......
......I had a few issues getting up and running, so ask away, I'll do my best to help you, even tho' you're being a @#$% cheap ass pirate.
"

Offline pepsiman

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:51 AM »
I've installed FlashMe v7 and flashed the menu V0.6 beta 2 to my MK2.
FlashMe starts the menu fine.
The menu reads my SD card fine.
The menu formats and writes .nds files to my NEO fine.
But the
1. Improved homebrew nds loader
still fails to load dslinux.nds, tetris.nds and nibbles.nds

It does load flashme.nds

Any chance of a working homebrew nds loader in beta3?

Offline radikal_

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 08:41:20 AM »
For those who this message applies:

I bought my MK2 in october 2005. Since I bought it, I haven't been able to read any sd card from the mk2. I have bought different cards (Kingston, Extreme, Sandisk...) and with different sizes (128, 256, 512 MB).
I can boot the menu (all of the menus), but I can't do anything from the SD card.
I wrote to the neoflash team and they asked me to wait... and wait... and wait... The last time they told me to wait for the 0.6 menu. But it's quite strange that my MK2 doesn't work yet. So... I think it's broken and I ask once and once again to replace my MK2. Where is the neoflash team?
6 months is too much time waiting for nothing... I have an EZ-II flash GBA flashcard and it's supposed to work with MK2. In fact, I've been able to play roms inside the GBA card... but not from the SD.
I don't know if there's someone in this situation, but I'm angry with this stuff and I only want neoteam to give me a solution... Replacement... my money back... I don't know, but I want a solution RIGHT NOW.

Offline Darkuser

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 09:09:42 AM »

Ok this just happened, i was flashing the menu to my mk3, then it freezes! now i cant do anything anymore!. What to do, what to do!? This bites... >:( :( ??? Maybe someone could make some thing for on the gba cart for these kind of situations. If there cant be done anything about getting the only for a part flashed menu off the menu...... then i cant do anything with my mk3 anymore and can it be declared broken. And then what...?

Relax,
you should just burn the meny to your gba flashcart and then boot it from there bypassing the MK3 internal memory by pressing ABXY at start up.
Then you can format the MK internal memory and flash the menu there again.

thanks dude, its all ok now again. I freaked out because i wasn't thinking logically, when i did it was fixed in no time. Thank you

Offline cbxracer

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2006, 09:13:15 AM »
You should try returning it from where you bought it... I retuned a bad xbox chip a few days ago to divineo... and they exchanged it from anther product.. I hope that your store can do the same...

Good luck..!

For those who this message applies:

I bought my MK2 in october 2005. Since I bought it, I haven't been able to read any sd card from the mk2. I have bought different cards (Kingston, Extreme, Sandisk...) and with different sizes (128, 256, 512 MB).
I can boot the menu (all of the menus), but I can't do anything from the SD card.
I wrote to the neoflash team and they asked me to wait... and wait... and wait... The last time they told me to wait for the 0.6 menu. But it's quite strange that my MK2 doesn't work yet. So... I think it's broken and I ask once and once again to replace my MK2. Where is the neoflash team?
6 months is too much time waiting for nothing... I have an EZ-II flash GBA flashcard and it's supposed to work with MK2. In fact, I've been able to play roms inside the GBA card... but not from the SD.
I don't know if there's someone in this situation, but I'm angry with this stuff and I only want neoteam to give me a solution... Replacement... my money back... I don't know, but I want a solution RIGHT NOW.

Offline Darkuser

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 10:58:10 AM »
I want to report another bug though. It seems that there are mutiple problems with loading the save files. Sometimes it just simply doesnt see the .sav file and cant load it. The other time when it does load you cant continue your game as if it didn't save.

Also my mk3 dont want to detect my XG2turbo GBAcart when its empty, so i cant flash anything to it. Any idea's?

Offline worstenbrood

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »
I've installed FlashMe v7 and flashed the menu V0.6 beta 2 to my MK2.
FlashMe starts the menu fine.
The menu reads my SD card fine.
The menu formats and writes .nds files to my NEO fine.
But the
1. Improved homebrew nds loader
still fails to load dslinux.nds, tetris.nds and nibbles.nds

It does load flashme.nds

Any chance of a working homebrew nds loader in beta3?

very weird cause i can load dslinux without a problem from my sd card with mk2 with menu on menuflash and flashme 7...
using the flashcard version of dslinux

Offline bruceg

• NEO Tester
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 08:00:10 PM »
I want to report another bug though. It seems that there are mutiple problems with loading the save files. Sometimes it just simply doesnt see the .sav file and cant load it. The other time when it does load you cant continue your game as if it didn't save.

Also my mk3 dont want to detect my XG2turbo GBAcart when its empty, so i cant flash anything to it. Any idea's?

It sounds like bugs in the beta release that need to be fixed.  I haven't encountered that particular save problem yet, but maybe others can confirm.  I thought they had addressed the detection routine issues with xg2 carts, but apparently not yet...

BruceG
« Last Edit: March 24, 2006, 12:25:56 PM by bruceg »

Offline sven

• Neo MOD
    • the one starting with: "www." you'll find the rest.
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 10:23:28 PM »
hi,

i have a bug :(

when i am in the menu 0.6b2(also had it in beta 1 but i forgot to report :-X)
and i pres detect on the ds slot so you would see what game(in this case mario kart) is in on the top of your mk3(i have the one with the neomax 1g kit) it says i says first detect, i press a and then it says: status: reinsert card  a: contineu and when i reinsert the card it works but it stays annoying
O hai

Offline bfh99

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »
i just tried worms world party and it seems that the touch screen doesnt work.....

Offline d-loader

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2006, 07:57:15 PM »
i just tried worms world party and it seems that the touch screen doesnt work.....
Heheheh, try Worms: Open Fire, that works  :D

Offline chango

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2006, 06:08:43 AM »
When can we expect a new beta which yields even more compatability?  Don't get me wrong, there's been great advances but there is still a long ways to go.

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2006, 09:32:49 AM »
Not sure how long you have been around,but people waited a while for this one.Months,even.
This version is much better than the one before,so the time was not wasted,but I hate to burst your bubble here-I expect the wait has probably only just begun.
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline chango

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »
I've waited since the product was first release.. still don't feel as if I ordered the right product.   Love the hardware, but the compatability is terrible for those of us who got suckered for a 128Mb MK3 in the NEOMAX kit for >$200US.

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2006, 09:43:25 PM »
Oh,you are totally correct there.

I love these products,but to have the best compatibility right now,you need the 1g NEO-Flash cart,and the 512 MK3,which are only available in seperate packages.That's not ideal,I agree.

I promise you,I(and others)are working on compatibility lists and such THIS VERY MOMENT(sorry),to improve the product,and to decrease the hardware involved(this really seems to be Dr.Neo's main goal right now)

If you have been here since the release of this product,you have been here longer than me,but it's hard to deny the progress over the last couple of months.
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48