Author Topic: the bug report for MK4-Mini patcher V1.1  (Read 26276 times)

Offline westsidekino

Re: the bug report for MK4-Mini patcher V1.1
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2006, 07:57:46 AM »
lego stars no go

Offline ]grimm[

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 08:33:24 AM »
Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2:  March of the Minis (US) does not appear to work with either patcher (1.0 and 1.1).

The Japanese Gunpey Reverse appears to work fine with patcher version 1.1

Dragon Quest Heroes:  Rocket Slime appears to work with 1.1 as well.

The US Children of Mana appears not to work, white screen with 1.0, white then black screen with no evidence of loading with 1.1.  This may be the same as the Japanese release.

Is there any point in posting to this thread?  There appears to be no feedback from Dr. Neo or anyone affiliated with Neoflash nor is there any feedback from 3rd parties working on patching solutions.  Is someone keepin tabs on this and working on any solutions, or has this project been abandoned like support for the MK1 was?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 08:44:27 AM by ]grimm[ »

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 08:39:55 AM »
The GST patcher(which this is essentially an extension of)was abandoned by GST a long time ago.
The NEO-Team stepped in,updated it a bit to raise compatibility,to allow at least some short-term improvement.
I'm sure it has not been abandoned,a lot of work is being put into the NEO2(which is more advanced than any other product out there,IMO),and the understanding gained through that process should help some of the other products work a bit better.

I hope...
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48

Offline ]grimm[

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 08:53:05 AM »
rogerpoco:

As you stated, this project seems to be an extension of the relatively quickly abandoned GST patcher and as such the current situation doesn't particularly inspire confidence.  It believe it has been almost three months since there has been any tangible evidence of or news regarding progress. 

I am also "hoping" that progress made with the NEO2 will be beneficial to continuing this project, but as a MK1 owner, I seem to recall that the MK1 was abandoned soon after its successors were released.  I suspect that I'm probably expressing similar trepidation to that of other owners of the MK4-mini and original Neoflash cartridges.  Some feedback from developers would help to alleviate that, at least in the short term.

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 09:19:24 AM »
Well,the GST stuff was dead for several months before it was continued recently by NEO.
They could have left it alone,so I think this could easily be percieved as progress.

The MK1 was a FIRST generation product,and surely anyone who bought it(I have 2)was aware that the technology would evolve quickly,and that that first product would not last forever.
As I said,I have 2,but I think all the controversy(over the MK1)is a bit silly.

I think the MK4/NEO-Cart combo was for people who absolutely could not wait to play at least a few newer roms,because the NEO2,MK4SD,etc.had all been announced when the MK4/NEO-Cart went on sale.

I believe the developers(coders)are neck-deep getting the NEO2 smooth,too busy to respond,but that means work is being done(and it is.No beta's have been released to the testing team for a while,but testing is taking place,and there has been a lot of interaction between the testers and the coders lately,so it's moving along.
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48