Author Topic: QQ Manto v0.5  (Read 22677 times)

Offline nataku92

QQ Manto v0.5
« on: August 20, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
Nickname: nataku92
Project name : QQ Manto
Division: PSP Game
Original enter : YES
In last NEO Compo this project won in the top 10 : NO
Project description:  The first version of a game largely inspired by line rider. Although there's no way to "win" the game, the point is to try and create interesting and fun patterns of lines for a blob to ride through.

-----
v0.5b (bugfix): http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4579.0;attach=1708
-----

-Controls-

ANALOG STICK - move cursor
CROSS - draw/select
START - open/close menu
DIR PAD - navigate menu
R AND L TRIGGERS - zoom in and out (respectively)

-Menu-

Play - starts the blob rolling
Stop - Stop and reset the blob
Save/Load - Not implemented yet
Trash - Clear everything

This was a really small entry I decided to do on the last weekend since I wasn't able to finish my other project. It's pretty incomplete at the moment, but I hope it provides at least a bit of entertainment  ::sm-17.gif::

Comments and suggestions would be great!

screenshots:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:59:51 AM by nataku92 »

Offline Maxime

Re: QQ Manto v0.5
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 09:06:58 PM »
Truely awesome! Good work!

I've got a few suggestions though :
- Althought you can't win, it would be cool if you can loose...
- Eraser tool (of course)
- Analog sensivity adjustements
- This frequent bug fix :

I'm looking forward for an update ;)

Offline Mr305

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 09:21:30 PM »
Very much like Loco roco   ~sm-36.gif~

Offline Mistabeen

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 05:28:08 AM »
Lovely game :) when I frest read about this I tougth it would have been just some static shape going along the lines, but the blob realy feels organic :)
greet job so far, and I hope to see more releases of this

some ideas for improvement maybe, do with them as you wish

- as stated by maxime, the bugfix, eraser tool, analog sensitivity would be nice features

- the blob feels organic so far, but sometimes it feels like as he should roll over, but he never realy does this or it is not visual

- save feature ofcourse, but seeing as you allready placed the memory icon, you are planning on this :)

- maybe some sort of lvl feature, maybe a user created lvl feature even, with this I mean that there is a start and finish point at the map, you have to draw lines to reach the finish (in user created levels there can be objects draw in between to make it harder to find the correct solution. add checkpoints you need to go to before the exit, etc...

- enhance the visual style, with this I mean: make it betterlooking, I have nothing against simple but this is just a 1px line, when you look at loco roco you clearly see what I mean, make the blob atleast a full color, have a backdrop for it all, the lines you draw could be according to a visual style that the users could create by entering certain parameters.)

- maybe an idea that goes hand in hand with the visual style, create level themes, with this I mean, if your level theme is urban and you draw a line, then smaller lines will "drip" from the big line like spraypaint, so it would be harder for the player, becaus you could colide with the drips, if the theme of the level is plants, then maybe a random plant can grow at the lines that makes your blob shoot into the air when it rolls over it or so

- maybe add enemies in a level to? with this the enemies could maybe eat away parts of your line, or place smaller lines in parts of the level

all these things could be kinda bad for a sandbox mode, but it would be nice in custom levels with a goal

once again, do with these ideas as you please
I just think the game could become so much more then a linerider clone, if there is a linerider for the psp, people will play it 15 minutes maybe, and that'll be it, but if you give some dept to the game, input from the users itself(custom lvls) this could become a great homebrew game :)

anyway, I loved what you have done so far, keep it going :D

Offline Mr305

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 05:33:32 AM »
Add water texture to the blob.

Add some color to the rest.

My psp holds ONLY one hb game and thats this! great game.

Offline nataku92

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:48:19 AM »
Thanks for the great suggestions; I'll definitely consider most of them in later updates. But for right now, I'll just leave a quick update to fix the crashing issue (I always forget to check for divide-by-zeros :P)

Offline myschoo

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 12:11:03 AM »
thx nataku pls continue this game i love rine rider!! and this is great fun ~sm-43.gif~

Offline Maxime

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 12:51:01 AM »
Can't wait for the quick update!

Offline myschoo

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 05:28:07 AM »
lol its our.. i mean v0.5b with fixed BSOD

Offline XxKILLx3RxX

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 09:52:59 AM »
Make a save/load map option. Maybe some things to make you go faster (like the red line in line rider). Add a feature to be able to move the blob with L and R like loco roco. A bugfix. And a sensitivity option.

Offline fraGg

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
Hi, I'm new here...
I'm from Spain. Sorry about my english.
I have to say that I can't stop playing this game.
I really love it.
It's sooo addicting...
I hope you can implement the save/load and erase features soon.
Thank you a lot!!!!!!.
I really love it!.
5 stars homebrew.

Offline hatebreeder

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 04:18:29 PM »
I have an idea that i think would make this game a little more interesting. You should add an option to increase or decrease the effects of gravity and the weight of the blob. I think that would create for some rather interesting works. This is my favorite homebrew.

Offline eggbom

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 01:04:36 PM »
great work nataku92! keep it up. can't wait for a update, save and load will be cool!

Offline xaoa

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 05:02:07 AM »
i'm new at this homebrew thing. i have the most updated psp can someone tell me how exatally how do do this what to download and where to place evrything please?

Offline erasef30xrw1

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
Hello...

I have purchased  a PSP from ebay with CFW 5.0 M33.  I was not sure if it had the 1.5 kernal installed (or if it mattered) but I can not get QQ Mento to work.  I put the files in the game folder and then the game150 folder (I tried one, then the other b/c neither worked).  In each folder, when I go to my memory stick I see the game, I hit X to run it, it looks like it is booting up, but then I get an error message that says "the game could not be started (80020148).  What am I doing wrong?

I then rebooted my PSP holding down the R key to get into custom mode.  In that mode I went to "configuration" and noticed the Game folder homebrew was set to 5.xx Kernel.  I then hit the X button and it changed to 1.50 Kernal.  I thought this would solve my problems, but as you can see I am still lost...

Please let me know how to get this game working... :) 

Thanks