Author Topic: Testers report thread  (Read 47770 times)

Offline King Of Chaos

Re: Testers report thread
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 03:05:50 AM »
The modified StarOcean ROM (Star Ocean no S-DD1/96Mbit hack) will not be detected correctly by Neo2 Ultra Menu (64Mbit instead of 96Mbit)

Yeah, I've noticed this myself. I wouldn't be surprised if that's not ever supported but I hope it is supported since the SNES PowerPak supports it already.

The Neo2 Ultra Menu should have *.sfc as compatible file extension in the open dialog box

I agree, since this is used in the No-Intro set.

Between Ronaldo_76 and myself, looks like the majority of the good games have been tested. =P Good work Ronaldo_76 on your list and good luck and have fun to the rest of the testers.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 05:42:59 AM by King Of Chaos »

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 03:23:24 AM »
Puhhhhhhh,

after Hours of testing Today... I need a Break!!!  ::sm-16.gif::
The Cart is amazing!
I test the Spezial Games on Weekend.  ::sm-18.gif::

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 03:24:33 AM »
I'm thinking supporting the Super Game Boy is not going to be easy, if possible at all.

If we can load the bios there are high chances to make it work.
But first we must decompile the bios , modify the addressing to some hardcoded format strictly for NEO SFC/SNES cart and then compile it back.

I wonder if that bios file contains only WDC instructions or if there is other cpu attached.It might be even possible to boot the bios without the actual cart plugged.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 03:46:17 AM »
Just "got" the GoodSnes set & by looking at your lists its so depressing. :P
You have done insane job you two !! >:D

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 03:54:14 AM »
Just "got" the GoodSnes set & by looking at your lists its so depressing. :P
You have done insane job you two !! >:D

Thanks Conle and lots of Fun with your Cart...  ~sm-42.gif~

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010, 04:08:48 AM »
I'm thinking supporting the Super Game Boy is not going to be easy, if possible at all.

But first we must decompile the bios , modify the addressing to some hardcoded format strictly for NEO SFC/SNES cart and then compile it back.

I wonder if that bios file contains only WDC instructions or if there is other cpu attached.It might be even possible to boot the bios without the actual cart plugged.

Are you talking about putting .GB ROMs on the SNES Myth and running them on your SNES as if the SNES Myth was a Super Gameboy? I hope you realize that the Super Gameboy contains a lot of hardware - including a GB-Z80. What you'd need is essentially a Gameboy emulator running on the SNES Myth hardware, and I don't see that happening.

Offline King Of Chaos

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 04:24:13 AM »
after Hours of testing Today... I need a Break!!!

Ditto, testing all those games within 2 days wore me out! =P

I test the Spezial Games on Weekend.

I wouldn't be too quick to test this yet, it seems like only DSP-1 games will work with the Super Mario Kart cartridge - although the video of it running a SA-1 game with AR enabled was neat, I just don't think right now it'll run any besides DSP-1.

Just "got" the GoodSnes set & by looking at your lists its so depressing.

It is. I prefer the No-Intro set to the GoodSNES set but since the programmer doesn't recognize the No-Intro set's file type I used the GoodSNES set which I fortunately had. The majority of the games included in the GoodSNES set are bad dumps, overdumps, hacks, etc. where as the No-Intro set is just the good dumps.

You have done insane job you two !!

Thanks, glad to help out and have the opportunity to test the flash cart. I'll be starting my review soon. Can we make requests for the menu/programmer, because I can think of a few things. =)

Are you talking about putting .GB ROMs on the SNES Myth and running them on your SNES as if the SNES Myth was a Super Gameboy? I hope you realize that the Super Gameboy contains a lot of hardware - including a GB-Z80. What you'd need is essentially a Gameboy emulator running on the SNES Myth hardware, and I don't see that happening.

It would probably be easier to get a GB/GBC flash cart and using it through an actual Super Game Boy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:38:12 AM by King Of Chaos »

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2010, 04:37:52 AM »

No what im saying is to make a tool that will patch the bios file , that will put a loader and you'll be able to add gb roms all compiled in a single file.

It will look like this:

--loader
---entries
----patched bios

Then the loader will override the default addressing of the rom to the one loaded in memory.

Of course with the SGB cart plugged in.

That's what i asked earlier if its possible to override the default addressing.

Edit:
For example , emulators like bsnes have already support for it , i want to know if we can do this on real hardware by "emulating" all serial read/writes and the mapping.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:42:34 AM by Conle »

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2010, 04:47:10 AM »
We have done a great Job the last two Days @King Of Chaos  ::sm-18.gif::
But at the Moment, i see only Squares.  ::sm-18.gif:: Haha
I can say: DSP Games running Perfect

You have test many Special Games. And nothing run... I test 1-2 Games - if no success, i leave it...

And sorry for my poor English.  :(

cu
@all

Offline King Of Chaos

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2010, 04:49:25 AM »
I can say: DSP Games running Perfect

And you used Super Mario Kart, yes? I'm using Pilotwings with the same exact DSP-1 chip and no DSP-1 games work correctly through it. Anyone have any reason why this is? I thought it was because later SMK carts used the DSP-1B chip that has several fixes within it but I don't see how it'd make a difference and why Pilotwings can't play the DSP-1 games correctly. When I get my copy of Ballz 3D back from a friend, I'll test it with the DSP-1B.

Offline ronaldo_76

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2010, 04:54:41 AM »
And you used Super Mario Kart, yes? I'm using Pilotwings with the same exact DSP-1 chip and no DSP-1 games work correctly through it. Anyone have any reason why this is? I thought it was because later SMK carts used the DSP-1B chip that has several fixes within it but I don't see how it'd make a difference and why Pilotwings can't play the DSP-1 games correctly. When I get my copy of Ballz 3D back from a friend, I'll test it with the DSP-1B.

Yes, with Super Mario Kart NTSC/US DSP-1 Games running Perfect...  :-*
Then i think, i have a DSP-1B Chip.

bye

Offline stefan_iro

• It´s a me, Mario
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »
Great work King Of Chaos and ronaldo_76. You did a lot of testing the last two days.  ::sm-14.gif::
BTW, Top Gear 3000 (DSP-4) doesn´t work even with Top Gear 3000 as Bootcart attached...

i would like jumps in 10 steps - when pressing the left/right button.. ::sm-18.gif:: just like the megadrive menu
if i use a neo2 lite cart, it takes a long time to come to the last game!

Steps with 10 games on each side would be a nice feature!
-----------------------------------
8bit & 16bit
the golden age of videogames

Offline ~tak

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2010, 09:00:08 PM »
found this pilotwings DSP fix:

http://www.algonet.se/~sledge/swc/pilotcrk.zip

I will try it later today in my detailed testing phase

cheers,
~tak

Offline ~tak

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2010, 11:09:18 PM »
my single post gets now updated with test results. funny that no one tested yet Go Go Ackman 1-3 and reported a serious issue....

???

Offline King Of Chaos

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2010, 01:03:23 AM »
found this pilotwings DSP fix:

Do you apply that to Pilotwings (the original cart) somehow or the games using Pilotwings as a boot cart?

EDIT: Tried the patch on the Pilotwings ROM and Super Mario Kart ROM and neither works.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:18:29 AM by King Of Chaos »