Author Topic: SuperSNES plugin v1.6.2  (Read 11687 times)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
SuperSNES plugin v1.6.2
« on: July 19, 2010, 05:48:23 PM »
And...... here's the public version of the SNES plugin as promised!  :D

Now , im not going into lots of details(Consider this as a release log) , so i'll just mention some of its features:
-Complete rom detection (RAM/SAVE TYPE/ROM SIZE/DSP/ROM SPEED(Lo/Hi)/Extended formats)
-Supports by default extended formats ( NEOSHELL SD MENU/NEOSHELL SD RAM MENU/SPC Files/(VGM/VGZ --> converted to SPC using mic_'s encoders))
-Region patching(Pal/Ntsc using mic_'s patcher)
-Since the plugin is based on MD plugin , it supports by default IPS files and the Deluxe cheat format(GG/AR) : http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,6110.0.html

At this point i would like to thank the following:
-Byuu for header scoring code , and his great bsnes emulator which is great for testing/debugging
-Mic_ for his VGM/VGZ -> SPC encoder , and his snes patcher
-Dr.Neo for the plugin demo , and SivenYu for making really fast beta client versions so i could make the plugin in no time

Binaries
1.6.2 : http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6206.0;attach=2667
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 11:25:37 PM by Conle »

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
Re: SuperSNES plugin v1.2
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 03:37:48 AM »
Cool, so did you activate the SPC playback in the shell? The code is already there but it's unused because there hasn't been an SPC "type" up until now.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: SuperSNES plugin v1.2
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 06:58:56 PM »
Cool, so did you activate the SPC playback in the shell? The code is already there but it's unused because there hasn't been an SPC "type" up until now.

Nope not yet  :)
Also as you can see in the dev board im waiting for SivenYu to actually add +3 runmodes...although in the shell we can just identify the buffer  :)

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: SuperSNES plugin v1.4
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:02:51 PM »
1.4 is now available.
This one supports mic_'s custom spc format (So , not much really changed since 1.2) ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:23:31 PM »
1.4 is now available.
This one supports mic_'s custom spc format (So , not much really changed since 1.2) ~sm-69.gif~.gif

I'll see if I can commit the updated SPC playback code to the repo today. Of course, since there's not programmatic reset functionality yet you'll still have to press the reset button on the console in between songs.

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 08:31:11 AM »
I'll see if I can commit the updated SPC playback code to the repo today. Of course, since there's not programmatic reset functionality yet you'll still have to press the reset button on the console in between songs.

Cool , now that the programmer is more stable it makes sense.  :)
By the way , this version is pretty much 1.3 that i sent you in the mail a week ago but i just removed a few debug messages i had forgotten  ~sm-82.gif~.gif.

Offline mic_

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 02:35:00 AM »
Did you change the data order of SPC files compared to the version you emailed me? Because now my SPC file detection (which looks for the header string) doesn't work, but it worked with the plugin you emailed me earlier.

I expect the SPC files to be "rotated left" 0x100 bytes when stored on the GBAC (i.e. the 0x10080 bytes starting at offset 0x00100 in the original file should be stored first on the GBAC, followed by the first 0x100 bytes from the original file).

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 03:15:38 AM »
The code is the same , plus an extra check.Check your email in 5min  ~sm-69.gif~.gif

Offline Aleomark

• Just a gamer!
    • El otro lado
Re: the
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 09:52:25 PM »
the SuperSNES plugin v1.5 link it's not working

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: the
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:32 PM »
the SuperSNES plugin v1.5 link it's not working

Yes , because it requires the 1.04beta client so at the moment i have it uploaded to the private board and users can't download from that area.   ~sm-55.gif~.gif

Offline Conle

• Global Moderator
Re: SuperSNES plugin v1.6.2
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »
1.6.2 is now available.