Author Topic: New SNK ARCADE MVS Magic Key released!  (Read 43925 times)

Offline foster711

• NEO newbie
Re: New SNK ARCADE MVS Magic Key released!
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2014, 06:14:58 AM »
Hi Dr Neo - yes, the 161in1 is still working great. 

In an effort to eliminate my system as the problem, a local store had an un moded Japanese Neo Geo and I took the Magic Key converter and games there to test it on their system.  Unfortunately, it had exactly the same issues that I am seeing on my unit and the 161in1 worked on their unit.

I also cleaned the carts again with steel wool just to be sure and it also did not help.

My offer to send the Magic Key converter to you still stands or I can also send you videos.  Thank you for your reply.

Offline foster711

• NEO newbie
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2014, 07:31:42 PM »
Hi - just an update for anyone reading this post.  I worked with Dr Neo on my converter issues.  Before sending it back to him for repair, he agreed to let me open it up and see if I could figure out the issue.  I found that one of the prongs from the cartridge input slot was not soldered to the joining strip.  After soldering it down, everything is working great. 

I'd like thank Dr Neo for his support and am very glad that we got the issue fixed.

Offline LittleNinja

• NEO newbie
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 04:06:43 AM »
Hello, I am new to the forums and before I purchase the 120p MVS Magic Key, there's some questions which I would like to clarify before I buy the product.

1) Does the 161 in 1 still work with the latest MVS Arcade Magic key?
2) I heard from some people that you would need to hold the button on the magic key in order to boot the 161 multigame cart. If that is the case, does the cheats still work in the games?

Thanks

Offline aha2940

• NEO newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2014, 01:26:33 AM »
Hi

No, if you press the button to boot a game, it will disable the UniBIOS included in the adapter, therefore the cheats will not work.

Regards.

Offline kasra dr

• NEO newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2015, 02:32:39 PM »
hi i Bought neo mvs magic key converter (green version) in The first month of 2015 and I did not use to be this month.my aes japan version 10v and not work with 161 in 1 muti cartridge When I choose region in first menu The light turns green and Nothing will happen or will be black screen.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 02:37:47 PM by kasra dr »

Offline kasra dr

• NEO newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 11:05:52 PM »
the 161in1 is  working great.i pushed the button on my neo mvs converter.My problem was resolved.it's working like mercedes benz

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2015, 06:58:18 AM »
the 161in1 is  working great.i pushed the button on my neo mvs converter.My problem was resolved.it's working like mercedes benz
~sm-82.gif~.gif ~sm-82.gif~.gif ~sm-82.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline aha2940

• NEO newbie
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2015, 06:07:07 AM »
Hi Dr. Neo

I have the 2013 (blue) version of the MVS converter. Can it be upgraded to the software of the 2016 version? it seems the 2016 version is compatible with NGDev games, but the 2013 I have is not compatible.

Thanks!!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2015, 09:18:30 AM »
can you give me the  NGDev games titles or links, i need to test it before answer your question.

Offline aha2940

• NEO newbie
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2015, 11:23:12 AM »
can you give me the  NGDev games titles or links, i need to test it before answer your question.

These are all the NGDev games:
http://www.ngdevteam.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=29
but there are no roms for them or anything. I have two of them in MVS cart (Gunlord and Razion), and can help you test if you need/want to.

Regards.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2015, 07:43:54 AM »
but the 2013 I have is not compatible.
ok,can you try to press the magickey black button when you power on console,to see can run Gunlord and Razion in this way or not?

Offline aha2940

• NEO newbie
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2015, 07:10:16 AM »
Hi Dr. Neo

That was the first test I made, I tried holding the button on boot (because that works fine for the 161-in-1 cart) but it did not work with Razion nor Gunlord. They still hang at the initial "Please wait" screen.

However I have read that the green new converters do work fine with these games, can the code inside the green converters be applied to the blue ones so those work too?

Thanks!!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2015, 08:59:45 AM »
strange, the new 2016 magickey just re-design the schematic ,and use the same code , i don't know why some green converter can work, maybe that's the old MVS converter 2011?

Offline aha2940

• NEO newbie
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
strange, the new 2016 magickey just re-design the schematic ,and use the same code , i don't know why some green converter can work, maybe that's the old MVS converter 2011?

I do not think it is the 2011 version, I bought it in 2013 I think. How can I identify if it is the 2011 or the 2013 version?

Thanks!!

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2015, 04:44:47 PM »
2011 version without the magickey function,and the button is no function.