Author Topic: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2013 for all retro platform announcement  (Read 23350 times)

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
I wonder if a wii homebrew would have any chance in this compo?   ~sm-93.gif~.gif

yes,Wii is acceptable.  ~sm-61.gif~.gif
In my world,have 0 and 1 only ......Matrix World......

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
Quick question: I have an application I finished a few months ago.  Would I be allowed to enter that (along with some other new apps) into this?

yes, it's acceptable.

Offline 6Dragon6SoftZard

• NEO newbie
    • SoftZard
 Not a public poll please! The only thing a public poll is going to do is tell us who is the most popular contestant. Believe me, I've been through this.

In 2011  I registered on Scenebeta to join the SceneryBeta2011, and there were 2 polls, a public one and a contestant-only poll.

On the contestant-only poll I got a very nice 4th place, but I was new in the community so I didn't have any friends there... as a result in the public poll I got the very freaking last position... below a button tester... below a button smasher... below apps that didn't even work.

Well this is just my experience, and wether you finally open a public poll or not I will still join and see what happens but seriously I will have lost every bit of hope.

Greetings.

PS: Not meant to be spam or anything like that, remove the link if you don't agree but this is the project that I entered the contest with, the one that lost to several button smashers and testers... and I don't think its actually THAT horrible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDAn_WzsE4

Offline smealum

• Neo-Newbie
    • Smea's DevBlog
Re: NEO Summer Retro Coding Contest 2013 for all retro platform announcement
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2013, 01:50:45 AM »
Not a public poll please! The only thing a public poll is going to do is tell us who is the most popular contestant. Believe me, I've been through this.

In 2011  I registered on Scenebeta to join the SceneryBeta2011, and there were 2 polls, a public one and a contestant-only poll.

On the contestant-only poll I got a very nice 4th place, but I was new in the community so I didn't have any friends there... as a result in the public poll I got the very freaking last position... below a button tester... below a button smasher... below apps that didn't even work.

Well this is just my experience, and wether you finally open a public poll or not I will still join and see what happens but seriously I will have lost every bit of hope.

Greetings.

PS: Not meant to be spam or anything like that, remove the link if you don't agree but this is the project that I entered the contest with, the one that lost to several button smashers and testers... and I don't think its actually THAT horrible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDAn_WzsE4
I completely agree; public polls aren't a great idea.
maybe have a judging section like previous years ? even if there's nothing to win it'll probably attract people who want to be judges.

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2013, 04:45:49 AM »
the public poll just for us refer , it will not become the final judge.

Offline alekmaul

• portabledev.com Webmaster
    • PortableDev
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2013, 07:10:42 AM »
He Dr Neo, regarding rule #3 :
[3] The No.1 winner from last Neo contest can't use their same project (even it come with many updated) to enter this contest again.
If it is not on the same console, is it OK to present again the project or not ?

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2013, 05:39:07 PM »
If it is not on the same console, is it OK to present again the project or not ?
if is not a simple port program, it's whole new re-coding for other console. then i think so.

Offline alekmaul

• portabledev.com Webmaster
    • PortableDev
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2013, 09:33:54 PM »
No, of course, it is not a simple port. i rewrite MazezaM from SNES to GBA. The two consoles are not compatible, so only levels are the same.
I will release it because, also, I want your compo to have some new entries for GBA. If you think it's too close to my last year entry, just disqualify it. It is not a problem. My goal was only to have a new GBA game :D !

Offline Dr.neo

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 04:37:40 AM »
yes it's ok then,

Offline PypeBros

• homebrewer
    • Bilou Homebrew's Blog.
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 12:17:30 PM »
Sorry, I'll be just attendee this time. IRL issues prevent me from getting any of my on-going homebrew reaching "releasable" status. Good luck to all contestants.
Enjoy Apple Assault v1.4 with polished gameplay and graphics