Author Topic: please report the NEO-max V1.9 A4 bug in here.  (Read 22950 times)

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
    • Cory1492's NDS + PSP corner
Re: please report the NEO-max V1.9 A2 bug in here.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2006, 06:53:51 PM »
Thanks firetalon for your report.

Menu 0.6Beta 1 which is out now can be burned to the NeoKey and will boot whatever you put to the menu flash so you should not have to upgrade the software that is on the NeoKey unless something big changes with the menuflash system. See the news post for more info.
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
Re: please report the NEO-max V1.9 A4 bug in here.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2006, 01:29:32 PM »
Hrmm, looks like bruces error ! thing in the SD/MMC manager was a "disk full" error....

Updated the bug thread, seems alot of the PC side stuff is fixed, but the menu still expects patched NDS files... perhaps using DSBuild to patch the homebrew automatically could be added instead of GST patcher?

Just a note, the MK2/3 menu does not run, dsbuild version or nds version. It would be nice to use MK3 flash with the menu, and NeoMax booter with homebrew, is there a way you can get the menu running and/or be able to start the menu as a plugin from the MK2/3 menuflash?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 01:45:17 PM by cory1492 »
Those who have come here to hate should leave now, for in their hatred they only betray themselves.
translated from The Book of Life (Src: Sword of Truth - Phantom by Terry Goodkind)

Offline c_personata

NeoFlash 512
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2006, 11:59:53 PM »
I've bought a NeoFlash 512 for GBA.

During installation no error occured.

Using the software NeoMax, version 1.9, the programm detects the 512 Mbits of the card, it allows the transfer from the PC to the card of for example, 4 or 5 games, till a maximum size of 192 Mbits.

From 192 Mbits on, when you transfer another game to the card, the whole transfer processe goes to the end, but the previous transfered games are deleted and a message appears, telling that there is only one Mbit recorded on the card. The only possibility left is to format the card. 

If you don't pass the 192Mbits, there is no problem, but I can't understand how this happens, when the remaining free size of the card is 276 Mbits.

Could this be related to the software or due to the card. Could you inform about another software to carry out this transfers?

Thanks in advance

Offline cory1492

• Neo MOD
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 03:10:09 PM »
Try neo power kit and see if you have a similar problem with it, just note that GBA save support in NeoPowerKit is not very good (no SMS so your saves will likely overwrite eachother)

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,1700.0.html

With this at least you should be able to confirm if it is the cart that is a problem or not.

Offline ementat

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2006, 04:38:10 AM »
I can confirm the problem. The same issue happened with my NeoFlash 512 card.

By the way - the problems with the detect button and hanging format are gone!!!  :)

And now ther is only the 192Mbits limit problem :-( Anything ok with NeoPower - i can flash the whole card up to the 512 Mbits with no problem.

Offline pwnazar

XG Flash 2005 128MB - Slim Loader 3 - Lots of Bugs with the program!
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2006, 02:35:06 PM »
Hi, i can't at all run the Neo Max on the 128Mb cart, does this Neo Max softwares suport the 128mb carts, cause i ALL versions, it doen't detect the cart, crashes the windows and so on, i've tried everithing, chancging the drivers and even on another Pc and nothing...

The Neo Power Kit works great, even the backup saves to the Pc, but i need the function to add the SMS functions on cart with Neo Max.

Please help!

Offline rogerpoco

• Eight-Legged Gamer/The DECO Kid
  • Neo MOD
  • BurgerTime-7,837,750 Official MAME World Record
    • My Twitch Channel-Usually Offline or BurgerTime
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2006, 09:18:24 PM »

By the way - the problems with the detect button and hanging format are gone!!!

Did you change your battery?I've seen this a couple of times(detect button and hanging format),and actually had the problem myself,and I really think that changing the battery was the solution.
Seems too simple,I know.

I appreciate any confirmation.
You should always be yourself.
Unless you can be Billy Mitchell.
Then you should be Billy Mitchell.
https://www.twitch.tv/rogerpoco48